Vanu SMG?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Sabreur, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Sabreur

Has anyone here tried both the Vanu SMGs? I'm curious if they're worth it - I'm seeing a ton of TR and NC SMG users, but very few Vanu.
  2. Demyer

IMO the second one is a straight upgrade.
    A bit less damage but twice the mag size, more ammo, less recoil, faster bullet speed.
    First one felt like a weaker carbine, second one is on par or better then my VX in cqc.
  3. WInander

Well I haven't tried the Eridani but I have the Sirius. It's a good weapon, been playing with it on Inf, LA and Heavy. For LA in CQC I prefer it to the Pandora because it still has a great TTK but much more ammo and you can equip a suppressor whilst being more versatile with a bit more ranged viability. On the other hand the carbines like the Serpent and the VX6-7 with advanced laser are still great in CQC but much more cabable of ADS fire from rooftops. I've only certed the suppressor so far with it but I'm thinking of picking up the foregrip because it's already super easy to hipfire.
  4. Shasbot

I own the Eridani, it's one of my best weapons. Although I wouldn't use it on LA. It's more of a indoors/CQC weapon. I use it on my Engi and Infil when defending and sabotaging bases.
  5. Paqu

Iam so glad I never bought the first SMG. I was about to trial it several times, but always forgot the whole thing when I got into the game. Just so I could get some hours in to my least played class, infiltrator. These new ones seems like a clear updates to them so this one Iam definately going to trial even tho people seems to be thinking that VS got the worst one?!
  6. Badname0192

The New SMG is great.
    I didn't cert it as I trialed it. It's a plasma blob hose. Hip fire, within 20 ft, hit every shot. Hip fire then sight, short range @ anything, you cut a hole and have rounds to pick up some follow up kills.

Just aim for the head and watch those shields drop in a blink.

It's kind of the same for the new NC SMG, though with what seems like a higher ROF.

I'll get it if it doesn't change, once I get around to putting SC into my VS.
  7. psifist

I was considering getting the new one but it just doesn't seem worth it compared to VX or Serpent. Sure the large ammo is great but it has less damage AND rof, and the hipfire is only slightly better while loosing out on anything farther than close range.
  8. Verenz

The sirius may only start with slightly better hipfire than the serpent/vx but it loses accuracy at half the rate compared to carbines allowing you to burst for literally twice as long.
  9. Mythicrose12

I got the araxium medal with the Eridani and working on it with the Sirius. I pretty much had to run extended magazine and ammo suit slot with the Eridani if I wanted to stay in the field for any appreciable length of time. I don't have that issue with the Sirius so far. The larger magazine is a plus even if it is doing less damage per bullet. The Sirius is certainly better for those with less than stellar ADS ability.

I like both SMGs more than the Serpent (haven't tried VX6-7) but far less than the Nova and Pandora for LA.
  10. Wolfwood82

It does less damage but has a far greater capacity to deal damage, better accuracy, and you tend to fight faster with it because you don't have to ADS at all, even when shooting at targets at a distance.