(Vanu) Nyx Scout Rifle Discussion

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Lavalampe, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Lavalampe

Thx 4 info. I didn't knew that.
    Where can I find the weapon stats and dmg tables? And more important: How much life and shield has an soldier?
  2. FullDread

Pretty sure its 1000 all up without nano.

Info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&gid=12

I don't know why someone had to go to the trouble of ripping these values from the game files when the devs could have just put them in game made things easy for us.

edit: "Health and Shields - Every class except for Infiltrators have 500 shields and 500 health. Infiltrators have 400 shields and 500 health."
  3. grin

You have misinterpreted this information. The max bullet damage tells you the max distance at which you get max damage. Meaning outside 10m you get less damage per bullet. The min bullet damage tells you the maximum distance at which you get that minimum damage with no decrease past that. Assuming a linear damage degradation over this range you get this:
    [IMG]

As you can see, VS gains a slight lead over TR from 10-72m, but after that TR gains a greater advantage over VS. NC maintains an advantage on both at every range.
  4. grin

DPS over range is probably more useful than bullet damage.
    [IMG]
  5. FullDread

My bad, didn't read the info section until recently. Not sure what you would be doing shooting at people over 70 meters, i don't play HA so i'm not sure how hard spread makes it, or for that matter what 70 meters looks like in game. Will test and report back.

Regardless all snipers/scouts have exactly the same stats. With the exception of the VS scouts which have no drop. I bought the TR semi auto scout and can't snipe with it, 4 shots to kill a nanoed soldier is too much for me. CQC is where is seems to shine, or maybe its just me.
  6. Benton!

Get the semi-auto sniper with ironsights. It does more damage then the scout rifle, making it 3 shots, not 4 :)
  7. FullDread

[IMG]
    FYI what 70 metes looks like. Flash is for scale.
  8. KorJax

Just got this gun, love it.

However I don't know if I should go for the compensator or the scilencer.

I feel like scilence will be exceptionally deadly on the nyx, because the gun is already pretty quiet and it leaves no bullet trails, which makes it seem like the perfect stealth gun. However doesn't scilencer reduce damage at range? I run with a 6X scope, and while I don't do a lot of long range sniping with it (mediumish/long range is best), I do notice my damage output is much less if I have a target that is a decent distance away. Or does it only reduce bullet velocity? Is it very noticable?

Or should I go with compensator? I feel like I can get used to the huge recoil it has but will the compensator totally kill hipfire even with a laser? Do you find it worth the 100 certs for the lower-recoil aimed shots (what I primarily use it for)?
  9. KorJax

Yes but no x6 scope for psudo-sniping no deal!

Also the gun has a bullet trail, revealing your position, much longer reload, and a "sniper rifle" CoF bloom when you hipfire (aka after the first shot you will basically never make a second hit). Nyx has none of those issues, it may take one more shot but it still kills in 2 headshots (or one body and one headshot), and it has a small CoF when used from the hip that doesn't get massive after you fire your first shot, making it really really good for close range kills.

The Semi-Auto sniper you can buy is literally worse in every single way, plus has no 6X scope, but it just happens to kill in 3 body shots instead of 4 (chest shots on nyx still kill in 3, just like for that sniper).
  10. Benton!

It is not worse in every way, but I have had enough with this argument. If you are using the 6X scope with a scout rifle, you are using it wrong, why don't you use a semi-auto sniper with a 6x scope? I use the Impetus with a 1x scope so no issue with hip firing, if you are reloading in combat, you are dead, and the bullet trail is not really bad if you are using it at close range. The silencer is a must to call someone a true infiltrator, it has saved my *** so many times.
  11. KorJax

I like using the 6X with the nyx because I have the freedom to go lower with a X3 or X4 if the situation calls for it (biolabs), plus the Nyx has hardly any CoF when you hipfire compaired to the snipers, which have huge amounts of CoF. Plus I can mount a laser sight, and the gun is much quieter which makes it much easier to stealth with.

I'll try going with a scilencer. Though if the compensator really does a good job of reducing recoil (of which, the Nyx has plenty), then I might just have to sacrifice the scilencer for the ability to make much easier follow up shots when scoped.
  12. Good_Kitty

The nyx has a lot less bullet velocity than the spectre. Its the best gun we have if you want to go CQC. Your handgun emptied onto someone + a knife swipe is way better than a fartemis.

The nyx really needs a faster fire rate imo. Other than that I use it
  13. grin

Someone gave me a trick which I haven't tried to implement yet. Essentially take advantage of the recoil by firing this gun at someones chest and then use the recoil or the reset from recoil to hit their head.
  14. grin

Nyx and spectre both have the same bullet velocity of 500.
  15. KorJax

Got the scilencer

Really, really underwhelmed with it. Anybody 50m+ out takes 5-6 chest shots to kill, which is just insane. You really can't kill anyone that isn't close range with it.

For any Nyx users who just want to focus on medium range sniping don't bother with scilencer at all. I'm sure it still works excellent for close quarters though.
  16. Daejin

It's good, but for any type of CQC, you must be real careful not to miss. Ever.
  17. grin

I don't bother firing at long range unless i can get at least 1 headshot.
  18. wwwyzzerrdd

is the nyx the only rifle with no sway?

also, i was looking at that spreadsheet and correct me if im wrong, but the only difference between the xm98 and the v10 (the two bolt-actions) is 50 more bullet velocity for the v10? xm98 costs 100 certs while v10 costs 1000, why is that?
  19. BigMcLargeHuge

I'm not a fan of the Nyx tbh. And I've got my modded and have used it a lot and regretted it. A spectre is just better for killing targets you're at range enough that you'd going to have a chance when it's even ground. A heavy sees you at 30m with a spectre you still got a chance. He sees you with a Nyx? You're dead. He sees you with a Nyx at <30m, once again. You're dead.

He doesn't see you? Well take your time to shoot him in the back or sneak up so close you can just pistol whip him.

That's my problem with the Nyx people spot you at close range you don't win cause you gave up your ability to not suck at range. You still lose anyway! So why give up the dmg and versatility of a spectre just to have a reflex scope.
  20. Fishie

Yeah, I kinda feel the same. I'm trying to find ways to put it to use to justify buying it, but so far very little luck. If I'm coming up on someone from behind, I could just knife them or even use a sniper rifle to land a headshot, or even my beamer.

The Nyx isn't at all what I was expecting, and it's pretty disappointing. Feels like a waste of station cash right now, but here's to hoping it will be tweaked someday. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.