[Suggestion] Vanu 'No Bullet Drop' should apply to all weapons, including sniper rifles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Myka, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Apples

-The Vanu trait you speak of isn't 0 bullet drop it's high velocity, even at higher velocity everything drops off eventually.

-I'm not 100% sure but I think the Lancer is going to be getting and if not then should be getting a quicker damage drop off to bring it in line with other ES and so that the users actually render when fighting vehicles.

-Part of what makes a sniper skillful is being able to make adjustments for a drop-off and as a player roles sniper more they get better at accurately guessing this drop-off adjustment on the first shot based on how far away they are. The game actually leaves some room for error on the headshots too.

-In my time playing all three factions I never felt one faction's sniper rifles suffered compared to the other factions, they all function relatively the same with similar damage & ammo counts. You're just as deadly in any faction killing in 1-2 shots depending on your accuracy.

-If faction balance is suffering from VS sniper rifles not having bullet drop I'm puzzled, since most vanu are running around in HA, Medic, & Engies. Not to mention that at least on Emerald the faction pop tends to be 33% for all three.