Vanu needs a weapon like Striker or Masthead

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Tr34, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Tr34

Hello,
    Vanu is currently too weak against air. Can we please have a similar flak weapon as well?
    People don't even care flying scythe because of it's bulky and easy to get hit from ground with a prowler AP shell. Currently all of esf players are either playing TR or NC. Can we finally get some air superiority balance?
  2. TR5L4Y3R

G2A is weak in general and needs a major buff ... both for vehicles and infantry
    infils and medics should get access to a Primary rockletlauncher aswell imo
  3. Liewec123

if you can aim, lancer hits aircraft like a truck!
    groundpounders usually make for easy targets too since they slow down while they focus on ground targets.
    hit an ESF twice with lancer and they're dead.
  4. mewmewmew

come on NC , you know nothing
    YOU KNOW ZERO , GOD WILL NOT FORGIVE FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT

YOU KNOW NOTHING , STOP SPREADING YOUR DISGUSTING LIES , disgusting lies have existed for the past 10 years and no one has spoken out against it because the masses are ignorant , VS is not OP , bullet system does not drop does not make VS better , VS54 is not OP , VS LMG is not OP , VS tank does not OP

YOU KNOW NOTHING , YOU KNOW ZERO , YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE POWER , THE POWER TO CHOICE , THE POWER TO VOTED , YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY
  5. Liewec123

are you VS? if so don't dare talk about balance...
    you crutchers are long overdue a balance patch.
  6. Uvash

Warning: I use an automatic translator, errors and inaccuracies are possible.
    IMHO the main problem with g2a launchers is that you can't lock onto a target properly. In order to deal any damage, you need to hold the scope (actually stand) for 4 seconds. Like a cherry on a cake, any obstacle resets the counter to zero. Afterwards, the pilot can use Decoy Flares, granting an additional 8 seconds of virtual immunity to missiles. Well, add another 4 seconds there, for a new target capture. Moreover, if a special vehicle is taken, such as AA MAX or Skyguard, the pilot simply flies away from you to feed on another hex. I deliberately do not touch the cost of the aircraft, since beginners must learn to fly.
    From the above, I get the impression that a competent pilot is actually immortal when farming infantry, if he does not make mistakes.
    We can offer several solutions of varying degrees of delusion. And the complexity of the implementation (I did not see the code base)
    The main task is that the infantry could scratch the attack aircraft painfully enough.The first is to give the vanu a special weapon that doesn't require a long lock on target. This can be either a "special capacitor" for the Lancer, or the inclusion of a remote detonation for Hawk-type missiles fired without target acquisition. This is exactly what is suggested in the topic.
    More complex ideas follow. And they're meant for all factions.
    The second is to make Skyguard more efficient. As a result, more popular. And make him not only protect, but also hunt for aircraft. There are also several options here. Although let's be honest - they are more like dreams.
    2.1 Add the triggering of a flak shells against light ground vehicles. This will immediately hurt harassers and invisible flash drives. I’ll make a reservation right away that in such cases, the harasser will need to return the ability to repair on the go, and the cost of 150 nanites. But the number of anti-aircraft tanks should increase.
    2.2 Make a modification of the "C75 Viper" with an air blast. At long range, due to its flight speed and accuracy, it will hurt only heavy aircraft, and at close range it will destroy gaping attack aircraft. Naturally, aviation will have to see where it flies from. (now she sees infantry and equipment at 300 meters)
    2.3 Increase the range of the radar, this will not change much in the balance, however, sudden anti-aircraft gunners will be ready for sudden raids.
    I’ll make a reservation right away that it’s worth adding the mechanics of switching the radar. When turned on, you see aircraft, but aviation also sees you, when turned off, you are an ordinary tank. And also when the radar is working, it is you who should catch all the missiles. Perhaps with an increased launch distance and a reduced target acquisition time.
    The third option is to make assistants to facilitate the lock on of the target. The manual soflam from bf 3 for the infiltrator comes to mind. Or an ANT-based radar installation that consumes cortium, and reduces acquisition time or increases acquisition distance. It should have the same penalties as lightning with radar above.

In conclusion, I think that in cases of implementing such ideas, we will see either the death of aviation, or the need for a buff for heavy aircraft.