Vanu "Hades" rocketlauncher, and which Assault Rifle would you recommend me buying?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by martin, Nov 21, 2012.

1. martin

I played in the Beta, and tried out some guns. Some of them were a total waste, so I figured I'd go here and see what people would recommend, rather than spending my certs on something that might let me down.

So, I was thinking of purchasing a rocket launcher first, Hades, the anti tank one.
    First question is, is it worth it, or am I better off sticking to the regular one?

After I got my rocket launcher I was going to go for a new Assault Rifle, I never played Vanu in the Beta so I never really got a chance to try any of them out, any recommendations?

Appreciate any tips!
  2. HumsterMKX

I prefer going AA first, since Air is a major pain.

As for Assault Rifle..... You mean LMG right? Stick with Orion save you the certs.

I got the Alpha thingy, current I have 3 LMG, Orion, SV-88 and Flare. SV-88 feels like Orion with a little more kick and 25more rounds. Flare is slow firing, but seems to hit for more, takes more or less the same time to kill someone.
  3. Teppo

I'm a big fan of the Pulsar LSW. Most accurate of the lot :D
  4. Hetzau

AV for HA is useless. The damage is pathetic, it's dodgeable if you go behind an object, and you can be killed while locking on. I prefer you stick with the original rocket launcher and learn to lead targets. Much more damage and you can choose where to hit the vehicle. I would tell you to buy AA, especially this early in the game since not a lot of people have flares, but later on, it will be utterly useless, so watch out.
  5. martin

That's a shame, I was hoping it would have more damage than the original launcher. The lock-on wasnt what attracted me, it's really not that hard to hit those giant things, unless it's really far away.

Aircrafts havent ever been a pain to me before as infantry, but today I've actually been slaughtered continously by those damn Mosquitoes lol. I guess AA isnt so bad.

Pulsar LSW will be my next trial weapon I suppose!

Thanks for the tips!