Vanu HA Loadout?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kerros, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Kerros

Man, I'm having such an issue trying to come up with a loadout to go toe-to-toe with other HA. My original weapon the Orion, just doesn't seem like its hitting hard enough even when aiming at the head.

I currently have:
    • Lasher
    • Orion
    • Ursa
    I had originally gotten the Ursa for it's long-range possibilities, but it seems to feel lackluster now then when I obtained it.
    Heck, maybe I need to upgrade my abilities more, I'm not sure. Help anyone?
  2. TR5L4Y3R

take this with a grain of salt but maybe go trial the polaris ( high capacity long reload) or the sv 88? (lower fire rate than orion but higher velocity)

maybe flare as that one has bit more firerate but less bullet
    velocity than the ursa but it is in the same dmgtier iirc ..

otherwise hard to say .. were do you feel more comfortable to play? midrange (30 to 50 m) or mid to close (30/35 to 20m)

lasher generaly is more a supression/supportweapon imo than going straight 1v1 against other HA´s

if you don´t want to invest into new weapons i´d say stick with the orion ..
  3. Erendil

Do you have any in-game footage you could upload for us to view? Viewin footage is by far the easiest way for us to help you out.

The Orion is tied with the TR's CARV and MSW-R as the fastest killing LMG in the game. It's the go-to LMG for most VS, and not just because it's free. If you're having issues killing with the Orion I'd concentrate on getting better with it before trying to go with a different weapon, since all other VS LMGs are pretty meh compared to it.

First, get the right attachments. Make sure you're using a foregrip, and a 1x/2x/NV scope. I wouldn't go any higher than 2x due to the Orion's high vertical recoil.

Next, go into VR and practice recoil control and burst firing. I can't stress enough how important basic marksmanship is in this game. You say you're aiming for the head, but are you actually hitting it? Find out what range you can reliably land headshots, and when you have to switch to the body; or when you have to burst fire vs go full-auto.

Other things to think about:
    • Try to always keep your crosshair at head-level, in or out of combat. You'd be surprised how many people run around with crosshairs pointed at the floor, meaning it takes them that much longer to look up and zero in on their target.
    • Pre-aim and Pre-shoot when going around corners that you think might be harboring an enemy
    • Spend 10 certs for Resist Shield 1 and try out its playstyle. It gives you more EHP than NMG/Adren if you activate it before you get shot, and Level1 gives you the same protection as Level5. Higher Levels just make the shield last longer.
    • If you own the Battle Hardened implant, use it. Even BH Level 1 is a significant step above no BH at all when it comes to flinch from taking damage. It can make a big difference between hitting someone's head and firing above it and missing due to flinch.

All that said, if you still want to try out a different weapon I can only really recommend the Flare. 1x/2x + comp + foregrip + HV or SP ammo makes it a pretty good mid-range headhunting machine. It's more accurate than the Orion and is 1 damage tier higher (167).

It's the only other LMG I still use besides the Orion/Betelgeuse, or occasionally the NS-15M2.
    • Up x 2
  4. Eternaloptimist

What range are you shooting at? Orion is better at close range. Also auto weapons have CoF that makes aiming for the head more problematic except at really close range as more bullets will miss.

Are you hip firing or ADS? this makes a big difference ofc...and choice of attachments too - laser sight for hip fire or forward grip for ADS.

Finally, are you burst firing or hosing the target? Burst firing and ADS both concentrate bullet grouping.

Polaris is a decent point-hold weapon with big mag and all-round performance at short and medium range. SVA88 and Pulsar LSW both have good medium range performance at the expense of RoF (I give the Pulsar the edge). I haven't used the Flare for a long time and have never used the Ursa, so no comment.

I haven't used the Lasher either but it is a heavy weapons, not an LMG, most often used for area denial AFAIK
  5. Darkwulf

Tap fire 3-4 rnd bursts. Orion is a good gun. I also really like the SV-88.
  6. LtBomber1

Use the Orion as the To-go weapon. It has a good RoF in close quaters and can still burst at long ranges. Those 50 bullets are enough to kill up to 3 opponents.

Lasher: Endless fire, splash. Can be used for 1v1 fights. Best thing here is to retreat back and shoot at the floor at conors. When facing the enemy, go with laser, hipfire (you need to evade due to slow ttk) and either spray the legs or go for headshots. Allways make use of prefire with lasher!

The further setup depends on how good you are and what playstyle you prefer: Use Nanoarmor (currently best for 1v1) or ASC (for less downtime), Medikit or regen implant for healing, auxshield for Infantry fights or C4 for some extra boom. Shield depends most on preference:

If you want a "oh ****" button, stick with normal one. If you are good at killing, adrenaline is a upgrade to it, and if you can plan ahead, go with resist shield. Dont forget you have a sidearm. If you dont need it, maybe run a detection/smoke crossbow for some intel...
  7. Prince Planet

Having just watched the reviews on the Ursa, I would equip that with suggested addons and just keep using it. I'm thinking of getting one because my lack of aiming skill I think requires more damage per shot landed. And it has the most damage per shot at distance than the other LMGs.

You've spent the certs so seems a waste not to use it.

Did you look at the Flare VE6? Maybe that's the happy medium? Gets great feedback reviews.
  8. TheZetifate1745

I have ursa and use it a lot. Its only effective in some scenarios where you get lucky headshots from like 75 which happens to me a decent bit. Its very good for headshots within 50m.
  9. DarkStarAnubis

+1 on the Orion, it has the fastest TTK up to 45m and very low Bloom (0.04).

IMHO its only drawback is the short magazine (50 rounds,), forcing you to an endless engage 1 enemy/disengage/reload cycle.

If you want something unusual you could try the MAW equipped with UA. I routinely force snipers to dive for cover with that...
  10. HippoCryties

Bursting with the Orion or betelguese will mean you can only lose out MSW R in CQC, it’s that good.
    Just make sure you burst, I tell this to lots of people who say their guns don’t do damage , it’s probably because your shots aren’t hitting and more specifically the head which is when you drop enemies real quick
  11. HippoCryties

Also MAW= VS anchor so if ure looking for raw damage to with that
  12. HomicideJack

Here is your ideal VSHA loadout: transfer to the GLORIOUS TERRAN REPUBLIC and kit up with a T9 order dispenser. Then you can spend many hours restoring order with tactical superiority and the respect of your comrades, instead of wallowing in the shadows like heretic filth or bumbling around like disheveled rebels.
    • Up x 1
  13. LineTrap

Maw or battlegoose. Give in to the headshot meta. Can train with NS-15 to get ready for robot troopers. It's actually pretty good at midrange headshots (the most important kind).