[BUG] Vanu Flare LMG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by S1eB, Feb 5, 2013.

1. S1eB

Since the patch I have had problems with the Flare and was wondering if it's just me or if anyone else is having the same problems?

When I fire the Flare it makes no sound, the only sound I get is that "thud" sound when your bullets hit someone. Which brings me to the second issue i'm having with it, the hit reg seems to have gotten completely messed up with the Flare because i'm landing two to three bullets from a whole clip, even if i'm standing right in front of someone aiming at their face :\

So, anyone else having the same probs or know how to fix this?
    • Up x 2
  2. S1eB

Made a quick vid showing the no sound prob.

3. Marked4Death

Play NC, if your stuff breaks you get a hotfix just for you!
    But seriously make sure u log a ticket so that someone somewhere gets assigned to it eventually.
  4. NightmareP69

I have the same problem here, the sound on my flare is broken.
  5. S1eB

I won't play NC, but I will make a ticket :D

Good to know it's not just me, hope they fix it soon.
  6. HyperMatrix

Are you serious? I started using the flare more because of the lower volume firing on the Flare. Less detectable. And I've had 0 issues with it. It sounds *better* and nothing else has changed besides the audio.
  7. S1eB

Dude, it makes no sound at all, see my vid ^^^^

The only sound I get is the thud from the bullets hitting something.
  8. HyperMatrix

Yeah I know...and that's amazing. :p I wouldn't bring it up to try to fix something that is so awesome. I'm just confused at why someone would complain that they have a super advanced suppressor on their gun. :p
  9. ThommiX

So using a bug is amazing to you? Would it be amazing if enemies shot you with their completely silent guns?
    what,no? lol... Thought so. Wouldn't be nice and awesome anymore when you are at the receiving end,eh? :D

Not everyone needs extra help in form of bugs to boost their gameplay...Rest of us know how to play...
    Complaint is that its a bug,the gun is supposed to make sound just like everything else.

Oh and just for you,if you didn't know,exploiting bugs is breaking the rules,which leads to banhammer hitting you.
    Not from this particular bug,but your answer shows you will exploit all bugs that will help you,so thought i give you a warning...

Now on topic:
    Yeah, Flare is soundless when shooting,reload sound still plays. Also the hit registering seemed bit wonky but that could be just the lags and stuttering the game has now.
  10. JohnnyMaverik

Still though... Flare + Suppressor = ultimate HA stealth mode. Also they aren't going to ban anybody for using the Flare, so enjoy it before it goes back to being a boring mid range camp machine.
  11. HyperMatrix

The difference is...you're being overly dramatic and jumping to conclusions and judgement. Believe me when I say that the online world is full of people like you. This is not an exploit or a bug. You don't "do" anything to make the gun soundless. There's no trick involved. It's just the sound removed from the gun. By the dev's. Something you can't fix. It's just the way it is until they fix it. My question, again, is why would you complain about it in a way that makes it sound like this problem is affecting you negatively when it's not. That is what I'm puzzled by.

And regarding your "Not everyone needs extra help in form of bugs to boost their gameplay...Rest of us know how to play..." comment...it's curious because one would think you and your 0.82 k/d and 68 xp per minute stats would be the ideal candidate for someone who would need some...extra help.
  12. ThommiX

Believe me when i tell you that online world is full of people like what you made yourself sound, using bugs to gain advantage. And also not even reporting them because they are giving you advantage.
    This particular thing IS A BUG. You are totally wrong in saying it isn't. This bug you can't exploit,since the patch made it and won't get banned for,but it will be fixed.

And it is actually affecting my gameplay,its weird to shoot without any sound. Also the hit registry seems to be messed too.
    Also you are forgetting it affects everyone else's gameplay,but that was expected from your post,that you wouldn't care about that at all.

Lol... Should have known that you are one of those who think the K/D-ratio means something...
    Its always hilarious when people try to draw conclusions from it when the stat is skewed to high heavens easily...
    Not everyone jumps the bandwagon with the currently OP things...another hint...

Ok, i go fly a lib for few days and you can watch my K/D-ratio go up the roof... Hint!Hint! If you get it...

Do you need more hints or are you getting the point already? :D

P.S. Nowhere did i say i'm good.I'm still learning. But at least i wont rely on bugs...lol
  13. HyperMatrix

I think you're doing what I accused you of in the first place again. Jumping to conclusions. I play infantry-only. Less than 2% of my kills are from vehicles, if even that. And k/d is important. If you don't think k/d is important, because you perform support duties like repairing and reviving/healing, ok...that's why I also quoted your pathetic xp/minute stat. You have no excuse. I've heard every bad player in the world try to discount the importance of k/d. But infantry k/d stats do matter. It's the difference between winning a base and losing a base. You are bad.
  14. ThommiX

That stat would matter if it took into account ONLY infantry kills. There's no way telling what else gave your kills... That's why it's meaningless currently. Also,even devs recognize this and are adjusting those charts so that K/D-ratio isn't the deciding factor.
    Rofl, you are then extremely bad obviously if i'm bad. Since you can't even realize why the stat in its current form isn't any factor.
    Some of us play teamplay,not deathmatch :D And again,nowhere did i say i'm good. Lol. Still at least i wont rely on bugs :D

It is very easy to say "i play inf only" and then go be a gunner in lib and skew the stat. And there's no indication in the stats about that. This is the easiest example of why the stat doesn't actually show what you think it does.

To me you sounded only to be a cheater who uses every bug he can find to gain edge. Thats what your first post made you look like.
  15. HyperMatrix

Luckily for you, there is a way to know infantry stats. By looking at number of kills towards vehicle weapon achievements. If your stats weren't laughable regardless, I'd show a video going through my in-game menu showing that the total number of kills with vehicle weaponry, which are recorded towards your "medal" for those weapons. That should all be available in a week or two when SOE finalizes the stats system anyway. Don't try to hide behind arbitrary theoretics as an explanation of why you are just bad at this game. If you had done any "meaningful" teamwork based activity, you'd have better states either in terms of:

Heal/Revive XP
    Repair/Ammo Resupply XP
    Higher Assist % (since you're working with a team...even if you don't get the kill and your team mate does, you'd get an assist)

But you're failing in all those stats. So you are a burden on your team. Learn how to play. Or learn how to be a better teammate.
  16. ThommiX

Rofl, what part of this sentence you fail to understand completely over and over again: I never said i'm a good player.

You can keep on thinking what ever you wish about those stats lol.

Still doesn't change the fact you sounded like a cheater using every bug they can to get an edge.And that is a bad player no matter what the stats say. :D

I can be bad with my little experience with this game,no problem for me. Still,at least i don't have to resort to bug using. That is even more laughable than being a bad player.

Also,if you infact are a cheater and bug exploiter,like you sound,thinking your stats actually make you a good player,is completely hilarious,since they were achieved through cheats/exploits,not actual skill.
  17. HyperMatrix

So you admitted to being bad. Then accused a good player of cheating. After saying that you don't need to cheat because you know how to play this game. Which you later denied by saying you're a bad player. And then accusing me of cheating. Hmm...where have I heard this nonsense before..

[IMG]
  18. ThommiX

Rofl,you seem to have trouble understanding simple sentences. Knowing the game mechanics and being good/bad in it are two entirely different things... I know how to play this game,i'm still just not that good at it. Is this easier to comprehend?

I'm not accusing you,i'm saying your post make you sound like one. BIG difference. If you can understand that,you will understand what i said.

You really don't seem to understand even half i say...

Read my post again if you still dont get it.
  19. HyperMatrix

You sound like you're really bad and you're trying to come up with every single excuse in the book for it. And all of this because of your arrogant (yet hilariously ironic once fact checked!) quote here:

"Not everyone needs extra help in form of bugs to boost their gameplay...Rest of us know how to play..."
  20. ThommiX

Rofl, you really have trouble understanding. Big time.
    Read my previous post again and again so you finally understand what i said.

Here's a repeat anyway:Yes i'm bad. I still know how to play this game. TWO different things. Is this concept too difficult for you to understand? Let's see,how can i make it simple enough so you figure it out?

Hmmm,lets try this example,its pretty simple so try to keep up:
    A runner starts training running for competitions. He knows how to run,but is still bad at it because he hasn't trained long enough yet.
    Is this simple enough for you to grasp?

Yes in your eyes i'm a bad player. Whooptidoo now my life has lost its meaning. LOL :D

Sounds like you are just trying to turn the focus on my stats instead of you advocating bug use and making yourself sound like a cheater.

Hilarious,do keep on continuing. Will be fun to see what you fail to understand this time.