Vanu ES AV one clips a Vanguard to the front armor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ALN_Isolator, Aug 26, 2015.

1. ALN_Isolator

http://gfycat.com/BouncyCarelessIndianrockpython#

Dear god fix this thing the vulcan can't DREAM of being this good!

And while you're at it fix the guardian being an infantry 7 hit kill. When the fractures it's based off of are only (a still horrible) 5 hit kill.
  2. XenoxusPrime

The vanguard ES AV weapon does the same thing but with the added bonus of large burst damage and splash. Also the vulcan does not need to have the ability to one clip MBT's or else it would automatically become the better of the three. It will still be much more forgiving than the other two options due to the massive clip size and high fire rate. Also do not say it can one clip a vanguard when you are using the extended mag option.
  3. Scr1nRusher

The weapons are actually pretty balanced in TTK.
  4. WTSherman

The main thing that's going to be "interesting" is it feels like it's better against infantry and aircraft than the Basilisk is. Though that might just be highlighting how the Basilisk still kind of sucks at everything.
    • Up x 2
  5. FBVanu

Yeah, that looks ridiculously easy and way too fast.... a small little buggy with a puny little mini-gun takes out a thick armored heavy tank... where most other shells just bounce off...

The Vulcan Harasser should not be an example of what other factions should be getting, it should be a lesson in what NOT to put into the game.. .. just tired of bringing it up again and again..
    • Up x 7
  6. Pelojian

face it TR's stuff ether get nerfed or ignored or the devs make clones of our weapons that are more powerful, jsut because a few whined about vulcan harrassers and the devs were too lazy to nerf the platform instead.
  7. Disconsented

Yeah thats ********, its also a hellva lot more accurate and has a special attack.
    This thing outclasses the vulcan and the new nc weapon
  8. Scr1nRusher

Compare stats & TTK's
  9. Archiadus

[IMG]

The special function seems to have no drop for as far as I can tell (mind you it's currently 5:30 AM so further confirmation will be required) and does a fair amount of damage...

Maybe the TR can get a Kamehameha as their special function, that would be fun to see in action.
  10. JohnGalt36

Jesus Christ... RIP tanks.

I see an unsubscription in the future.
  11. Acceleratio

When did you guys EVER have the chance to sit 30 seconds infront of a non moving non defending tank. Unless the tank was not manned pretty much never.
    This gif just shows how long it takes to kill an imobile target. I guess all weapons look OP that way...
    • Up x 4
  12. Eternaloptimist

During the Yom Kippur war Arab jeeps with a single missile mount on the back were capable of taking out Israeli Merkava heavy tanks, so the MBT-killing Vulcan is not unrealistic. It's just not fun or good for game playability.

I'm not a tanker in PS2 so is the problem with the Vanguard rather than the Vulcan (I've seen other posts suggesting that the Vanguard has unusual weaknesses)? I know lots of people complain that the Vulcan is OP but people also complain about Ravens and Orions and other stuff.

This is not a disagreement or a counter argument. It is a genuine question.
  13. Zombo

you should really show a video of all 3 CQC AV options in comparison for a real TTK analysis, showing only one proves nothing
  14. Dgross

Uh it took forever. A vulcan harasser can do it in less time. And if the tank can't kill the harasser in the time it took in that video, the tank deserved to die.
    That harasser has paper armor.
  15. Liewec123

while thats true, i can't say i'm not secretly looking forward to the NC shotgun grenade launcher :D
  16. stalkish

Exactly.

To expand upon this post, i would have killed that harasser 10 times over with my gunner.
    And then imagine the van had one of the NC's new close range AV options stuck on the top, how long would the harasser last then?

All a fuss over nothing, cant wait to see yet more easy to kill harassers around.
    Hint:- using a close range weapon against a vanguard is NOT advisable, just so everyone knows....
    Please feel free to try tho ;)
    • Up x 1
  17. Stormsinger

Perhaps, without bringing my own opinion about the matter into things - I think that the decision to give everyone a flavor of vulcan is due to it's difficulty to balance. It started out tremendously overpowered, to the point where it was outperforming both the NC and the VS's AV and AI secondaries combined. It was nerfed, and made useless... and a slight buff has made it overpowered again. They can't balance it, so they are giving one to everyone.

As for this being easy, you can expect a minimum of ~30% shots to miss with an excellent gunner, and there are still shields to consider, as well as... y'know, the vanguard shooting back - it only has to land a round or two - if it has a 2/2 gunner, that harasser isn't going to last the 13 seconds + reloads / extra time for missing required to remove it.
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

I fully endorse this good and/or service.
  19. HadesR

Copied From Reddit :

Best TTK
    Worst TTK

Prowler Rear TTK:

Close Range ESAV
    Aphelion (no upgrades, continuous fire) - 6.72 s - no reload needed
    Aphelion (with bursts) - 6.38 s - no reload needed
    M96 Mjolnir (no upgrades) - 6.77 s - no reload needed
    Vulcan (no upgrades) - 5.36 s - no reload needed

Long Range ESAV
    Saron (no upgrades) - 10.17 s
    Saron (max reload) - 9.65 s
    Enforcer (no upgrades) - 9.20 s
    Enforcer (max reload) - 9.13 s (the difference is mainly human error, the single round reload makes little difference)
    MR11 Gatekeeper (no upgrades) - 11.43 s
    MR11 Gatekeeper (max mag size) - 9.78 s - no reload needed
    MR11 Gatekeeper (max reload) - 11.00 s

Sunderer TTK:

Close Range ESAV
    Aphelion (no upgrades, continuous fire) - 14.2 s
    Aphelion (no upgrades, with bursts) - 10.85 s - no reload needed
    Aphelion (max mag size , continuous fire) - 13.77 s
    Aphelion (max reload, continuous fire) - 13.74 s
    M96 Mjolnir (no upgrades) - 8.77 s - no reload needed
    Vulcan (no upgrades) - 12.57
    Vulcan (max mag size) - 12.54 s
    Vulcan (max reload) - 12.15 s

Long Range ESAV
    Saron (no upgrades) - 14.05
    Saron (max reload) - 12.40 s
    Enforcer (no upgrades) - 12.90 s
    Enforcer (max reload) - 12.08 s
    MR11 Gatekeeper (no upgrades) - 13.84 s
    MR11 Gatekeeper (max mag size) - 13.75 s
    MR11 Gare keeper (max reload) - 13.19

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3ihbxj/comparison_of_harasser_esav_weapons/

As for the video in question ...

Don't forget the MBT could be running 2/2 with it's own " Vulcan " version in tow to waste the Harasser ..
    • Up x 3
  20. Shatteredstar

Those TTK numbers aren't that bad overall and they assume that the target is unmoving, not fighting back, do not have any armor slots and all Shots hit.

So nothing crazy out of the ordinary.