vanu crap weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by mrbibor, Jul 19, 2019.

1. mrbibor

I'm sooooo fed up getting killed within a ****** fraction of a second.....NOT EVEN HALF a Second and when I'm shootnig it takes a ****** FULL CLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THats A ******* FULL SECOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND THEY TURN AROUND AND KILL ME instantly

I'm SOOO ******* FED UP WITH THIS TOTALLY IMBALLANCED bullet damage!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** you *****!!!!!!!!!!!

Ban me
    UI don't ****** care anymore after 6 years of playing this game it's SOOO ******* ANOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. TRspy007

6 years so you should know aim for headshots, burst fire and ads, strafing to effectively kill people.

You should also know that VS is easy mode.

Also bullet damage by a higher/lower rate of fire depending on the damage. All weapons are designed to have the same ttk as their FS variants/counters.
    • Up x 1
  3. Demigan

6 years and you haven't heard about the Latency System yet?

TL: DR, your enemies have to take just as long as you to kill you and your enemies are basically experiencing the exact same thing when you kill them.

Long version:

PS2 is a unique game that manages to get hundreds of players active in one area at once. Compared to modern games that get stuck at 64 players (32 on both sides) in one battle this is an enormous achievement, but it came at a cost. To make it work the developers had to solve the problem that with each extra player in one battle area the amount of data that had to be send went up exponentially. The Latency System solved this. While the battles look quite smooth you can see the edges of the Latency System in some places.

Example: You jump behind cover, but still get killed by an enemy. This happens because whenever you do something it takes a moment for that same action to happen on the PC of someone else. On the screen of your enemy you were still outside of that cover and he could kill you.

The same applies to what you are experiencing. Your weapons aren't inferior or have crap damage, it's just that the Latency System sends packages a little different than normal games. This means that your PC is constantly guessing what your enemy is actually doing, then your PC gets a new package from the server telling it what your enemy did, which might have been shooting you in the face for a moment or two. This means that while your enemy looked like he wasn't shooting at you, he actually already was. So your PC tries to catch up, and while on your enemies screen it took just as much ammo to kill you as you would have with your weapon on your screen it looked like he almost instagibbed you.

Also if you experience this often then it's likely that your internet connection isn't very good. It sounds like you have a lot of package loss, try and improve your connection and the problem might become a lot less.
    • Up x 2
  4. Badman76

I think someone needs to git gud
  5. Badman76

And im not going to even mention how good the orion or betelguese is
    • Up x 3
  6. Liewec123

playing the easymode faction with low recoil, high accuracy, maximum movement (the dreaded 0.75)
    and freaking infinite ammo and no reloads on some of them, complaining about your weapons, LOL.
    if you can't play vanu, you can't play this game.
    (i say this as someone whos two favourite weapons are lasher and phaseshift.)
    • Up x 3
  7. JobiWan

It's a full mag, not a clip. A clip is just an accessory for loading bullets into a magazine.

Oh and git gud.
    • Up x 1
  8. pnkdth

[IMG]
  9. Liewec123

10. AlcyoneSerene

OP does share a common observation with many others regarding the 'I ambush one fire many bullets they 180 insta-jib' which I agree is complete nonsense.
    Why? Latency abuser (cheating by packet manipulation) and latency advantages/disadvantages combined with a garbage netcode.

The specific principle missed by everyone is that players who receive the very first bullet are able to detect it in-game instantly and react, while the opposite is not true: we receive ghost damage chunks that are all too often completely invisible until maybe one shot registers before dropping dead. Zero warning, zero to react to, no matter how well we can also 180 burst to their heads.

This is very similar to how driving near friendlies gets them easily roadkilled, but driving through enemy players, repeatedly, and they survive- even if trying to predict their 'actual' location by attempting roadkill towards their ghost ahead of their walking. This makes no sense as players to the network should be the same regardless of being friendly or enemy, and everyone runs at full speed at all times and shouldn't be able to jump over a harasser or lightning at just the right moment anyways.

The player on our screen should be what the game reacts to, since it is client-side, yet this is not always true somehow. Yesterday I was spray-firing an Anchor or EM6 to a player who ran across a small room, barely any bullets registered despite my aim and leading being spot on with the gun at fairly close range. A few instances I killed two players at the same time while both appeared to be firing at me, and I receive no damage despite being critically low (I doubt the wildest spray-firing could miss) they die clearly and then I die too because reasons.

Certain players operate 1 second or more away from what you observe them doing. Damaging them updates (Teleports) their location so they effectively move at hyper speed, perform in-game actions at hyperspeed, ADAD spam or outright strafe faster (without 0.75x ads or implants).

It is frustrating to no end to have too many encounters seem completely unfair. This is not about player skill or lack thereof. It is from a poor core game design, with insufficient infrastructure or even existing means to handle so many players and projectiles and interactions on such a large scale world in a way that gives proper 1vs1 experience as smaller arcade shooters.

The only answer I can think of is to just play it as a squad-based tactical strategy FPS as opposed to 1vs1 that arcade shooters are much better, even if not perfect, at.

Too many here haven't played from various locations, on various servers, with different ISP providers for sufficient amount of time to really know how this game comes across sometimes, and why many of us do complain about the nonsense and how it impacts us.

The only reason I'm still here is for lack of an alternative game.
    • Up x 3
  11. mrbibor

Had some sleep and I calmed down again :D

Thanks for this explanation, this makes a lotta sense.

I'm indeed on crappy net for quite some time and I knew about the "behind the wall stuff" but not the "all bullets arrive at the same time" thing. Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me :D

And for all you GIT GUD guys I've added my signature :D
    • Up x 1
  12. Crayv

Don't forget they now have aim assist weapons (from having a larger hurt box) and the weapons that do reload have some of the fastest reloads in the game.

I think that is why the VS does so well. Their weapons have high skill ceilings but they also have low skill floors the other two factions have one or the other.
    • Up x 2
  13. pnkdth

Yes, because the NC does not have the Bandit, Carnage AR, GR-22 (or was it 23?) or SMGs... Just as TR doesn't have the Jaguar, TAR, or SMGs. Yeah, totally unique to VS, matey.
  14. Comptonunhh

So whats your excuse for unstable ammo? Now the VS dont even have to earn their headshots, anything chest and up is a headshot when youre firing bowling balls, or do you think that isnt literally the definition of easy mode?
  15. pnkdth

How does that relate to the false claim VS is the only faction with 0.75 ADS movement? Perhaps I am suffering a stroke but I cannot see any words in my post mentioning easy mode (excuse or otherwise). I even bolded the statement in the quote I was aiming at. The reason I do not even bother talking about "easy versus hard mode" is because everyone is convinced by their egos that they're playing on hard mode and I've never ever seen anyone budge an inch in such discussions (if anything people tend to double down).
  16. Comptonunhh

You literally quoted the part that says easy mode dude...
  17. pnkdth

Putting letters in bold usually means you want to highlight something.

Again, people have been calling VS easy mode for years and years. Unstable ammo is just an excuse, before this it was the 0.75 ADS on Orion/SVA-88 (which after it was nerfed suddenly wasn't the problem anymore), then it was the marginal difference in bloom on a couple of weapons was makes a HUGE difference (but not for the 4-5 years prior of course), before that it was the no bullet drop and VS weapons being magically accurate, and bla bla bla bla. Always another reasons, always another excuse.

VS players are quite used to the banter meta and certain other members here would have you believe VS have always been dominating thoroughly (despite no evidence, of course, because who needs that when you can use emotional arguments). So yeah, keep at it calling VS easy mode and looking like a fool spouting the nonsense that VS weapons are magically more accurate... And my favourite of pointing out VS weapons have low recoil (unless you factor in almost every other weapon of the same damage model but again it is all about that emotional argumentation, VS "feels" less recoily you know?).

So there you have it, this is why I rarely bother to comment on stupid and false statements and stick to pointing out factual inaccuracies such as "maximum movement (the dreaded 0.75)". This time it was just kinda funny since unless I'm mistaken NC now has the most infantry weapons with 0.75x ADS and he listed weapons every other faction has a counterpart for. I guess it is difficulty to juggle and keep track on all the nonsense why VS is easy mode and forget that the "dreaded" 0.75x ADS movement mod VS had was actually removed off their LMGs (two of them) a very very long time ago.

Failing that, you (in the general sense) can always just rant about Wrel or DBG being after you, I suppose. Adds an exciting conspiracy theorist twist to it all too.

Then, why not mention you play all factions and your favourite weapon is of the faction you call overpowered/easy mode so therefore you are obviously an authority on the subject. Logical fallacies are like pokémon, after all, and you gotta catch 'em all.

If you follow all these steps you too can become a forumsider, devoid to joy or happiness, whose only concern is fishing for likes among your peers. When you do play, always blame the opponents weapons LOUDLY in proxy chat or with your outfit (everyone wants to hear how you totally would have won if X or Y didn't happen, if you can, make sure you speaking over the squad leader as often as possible) or just blame lag (again loudly). If you are not in an outfit, make sure you make a lot of use of the yell chat because only true samurai level forumsiders wield this weapon with finesse and guile. Then... Finally, return to the forums and renew your hatred and spite to once again make this game worse day by day.

This was probably over the top, lol, but there you go. Honestly, like in other threads I'd rather we'd talk about solutions especially in a thread which was nothing more than some dude being pissed at his ISP and having connectivity issues. Odd title choice though.
    • Up x 1
  18. TRspy007

VS is easy mode, they have way better weapons at default (in general) and posses way less recoil, their weapons are extremely accurate, have no bullet drop on some. Their default max can actually be used half decently, unlike the TR and NC max that are basically useless at first. Stereotypes don't come out f thin air, there's a reason VS are referred to as easy mode.
  19. iller

All I know is that VS is auto-pilot for getting 250 bonus certs in 2/3rds of all Cont Locks b/c everyone just wants to ignore them till it's too late.

If that has something to do with them presenting more of a challenge to the other 2 factions in the mid-range Infantry Meta where nearly every single Base Hold and Capture is decided, then I guess we should all really take a minute to Consider just how much the Interpolation Mechanics of the Net Code might be not as well designed as it COULD BE. If 2 of the factions always seem to be hiding in some corner together then maybe there's some ingrained behavior there or shared split second disadvantage for guns with actual Spread explaining why they're on a more even Footing only fighting eachother ?... in a game where the roundtrip Latency can make up HALF of the TTK.
  20. pnkdth

True, stereotypes come from ignorance and very often based on elevating the self while making someone else look worse. Just like how players often start blaming others, lag, or enemy equipment, as it is easier to do that than to accept we might not be as good as we think we are.
    • Up x 1