[Suggestion] Vanu Concept Is Woefully Under-Utilised

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Myka, May 9, 2013.

1. ironeddie

Soe might worry that if vanu are to different it'll put people off choosing the faction.

I personally don't mind our appearance but I would like more unique weapons. Though I'm for making bigger variations between the factions in general anyway. NS weapons shouldn't exist.
    • Up x 1
  2. Regpuppy

This, Vanu isn't the only faction that isn't having it's faction themes properly utilized. Both VS and NC should have some fairly unique weaponry since both are using either alien tech or dangerously experimental tech. TR should be the only one using the tried and true feeling weapons. But all three factions instead have weapons that are reworked versions of each others or in some cases copy/paste clones (snipers/shotguns)
    • Up x 1
  3. DailyFrankPeter

I think all the faction should get a more serious look - the Vanu - more outlandish and the other two - less 70-ties.

As for really unique weapons, I'd say: be careful what you wish for. The "really original" is easy to screw up. You might wish for Alien Blasters but get Portal guns, while others still have bullets. :)
  4. Regpuppy

Don't know, man. Shotguns on everything set a pretty low bar.
  5. DailyFrankPeter

Haven't you heard? Shotguns for everything are the new benchmark for all faction specific content? :)
  6. Regpuppy

Still waiting for a vanguard shotgun main cannon
  7. DailyFrankPeter

So am I (I'm actually stuck with this crap as NC), and a shotgun pistol, oh and please can I have more recoil on everything. :/

For VS though, I suggest electro-coils which always hit the nearest metal object, doesn't matter where they are pointed. For every class. Unique enough?
  8. Regpuppy

The one area where I would not mind shotguns and we do not yet have it.
    • Up x 1
  9. CaligoIllioneus

I actually like the look of the Vanu. What we need is to get rid of VS skull helmets and such things...other Vanu things that do not look good are the MAX helmet (the normal and composite one) and the composite helmets for all the infantry classes (especially medic). Protos helmets and the Esper Helmet are amazing, though.

[IMG]

See VS can look very nice :p
  10. ironeddie

I assume the NS weapons or faction weapons that use the same basic skin are there because its quicker for the devs to create them. It's my hope that once a lot of the game is more complete, weapons & faction uniqueness will be looked at. When the devs can afford to spent the time on it. It's not as important as optimisation or new continents.
    • Up x 1
  11. Kunavi

I feel exactly the same way for the TR... Oh wait.. And the NC too. They all are fine as "Vanilla" appearance.. But.. I think PS2 literally needs a lot more *Ooomph* visually and 8974593475894 helmets aren't cutting it. All units including soldiers should have as many(If not more), customization slots as Sunderers and definitely a lot more stuff to fill them with. For instance more options for the Prowler's cannons, 2-3 "Skins" for the RAMS and so on.

Let me add that of the 3 Factions I feel Vanu have it better. NC have a lot of potential to be more "Dead Space" like which would be great(Engineer stuff, gritty, angular ETC ETC)... TR I am not sure but more USSR/StormTrooper/Space Marines(And Chaos Space Marines for the matter) style of stuff would be appreciated.
  12. Nilbog

I actually signed into this forum for the first time in months just to give that a ^

Great job

Amen
  13. treeHamster

The only problem with Lunaleska's VS Infiltrator is the fact that she's wearing heals. How the HELL are you suppose to wear in heals (not platforms).
  14. Swoo

Now that the player studio is out you have a chance to make the changes you want. Ok, sure, it's not as good as it being stock since you have to pay for it, but at least it's not a pipedream.

That caught my eye too. Nothing says stealthy like high heels, but the rest of the design is wicked.