Vanu Carabines: VX6-7 or Serpent?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by WaD4n, Dec 15, 2012.

1. WaD4n

As the title said, what are u guys think is the better LA Carabine?
  2. KoooZ

After a while of soul searching with the different carbines, I've come to love the serpent, I was somewhat surprised that I dislike the. VX6 after the good things I've read about it.

Imo, serpent wuth 1x reflex is best.
  3. RAS

I've used the vx6-7 for ages as it was the best vs carbine , but then i started using the solstice sf and i'm still using that today and thats what i'd recommend
  4. Spiffmeister

Haven't used the VX6-7 but the Serpent's pretty sweet. I'm used to using the H-V45 which already has a long reload time, so that stat doesn't bother me.

Objectively the VX6-7 and Serpent are the same stats wise except for the direction of recoil. If you want to compensate for a weapon that goes right then get the VX6-7 or left (Serpent).
  5. Zassik

The vx6-7 always seems to drift straight up for me on full auto. Aim slightly below the head and the natural recoil puts your rounds right in their face. I've never noticed a left or right pull at all.
  6. Nash

The Solstice SF simply because you can get the underbarrel grenadelauncher for it.
    Also, it has all 2 firing modes,.. single, burst and full-auto.
  7. ghnurbles

I've been using the VX6-7 since beta, haven't tried the Serpent as I find short reload times incredibly useful.
  8. Spiffmeister

Welcome to the noobtube arena. ;)
  9. Prudentia

vx6-7 extremly short TTK, short reload
    serpent: extremly short TTK, LOOOOOONG reload, when i trial'd it, i shot my first magazine and then only pistol because i had no time to reload it, you can compare its reloadtime with a LMG, just with th diffrence that you can't shoot 30 seconds, but only about a 0.8 seconds....
    get the vx6-7 if you are CQC alot, get a slower firing weapon if you engage often at longer ranges, i prefer the vx6-7 as i can gun down anything (before update 1 vx6-7 had the shortest TTK of all automatic weapons) and with ammopack under me i can lay supressiv fire for my squad to flank the enemy :)
  10. Foefaller

Serpent may kill things faster, but you spend as much time reloading as shooting (and that's not hyperbole,) and for that reason VX6-7 is my choice of the two.

...and while the Solistice SF is an extremely versatile weapon, and at only 500 certs a great recommendation for the F2P gamer who does not want to spend SC on weapon unlocks, the underbarrel rail attachments only really shine if you have an engineer's ammo pack on hand since otherwise you only get 2 shots for it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Zer0range

12. AccelPrime

Obviously VX6-7, 800 rpm (Serpent is 845) but a massive decrease in reload time when compared to the Serpent.
  13. KoooZ

I can't put my finger on why I prefer Serpent over VX6, I guess it's the first shot recoil I've heard of, because I get much better results at mid-long range. I just assume higher rof = better cqc performance also, since I'm no good at judging cqc quality.
  14. Adhoc

Go with the VX6-7. The reload speed and TTK on it is just amazing.
  15. Fenrys

It depends on the attachments.

VX6-7: Laser dot lvl 2 + Reflex 1x
    Serpent: Laser dot lvl 1 + Reflex 2x
    Solstice SF: Unsderslung Smoke + HS/NV 1x

The VX6-7 gives tighter hipfire while strafing and jumpjetting and a faster reload than the Serpent.
    Serpent is slightly better at medium range, and dangerous for everyone in CQB (you either instagib them or run out of bullets and die while reoading).
    Solstice SF is best used in a squad where everyone has smoke and HS/NV, or as an engineer with an ammo pack to keep an area perma-smoked (like a Tech Pant back door, or biolab spawn room).
  16. Fenrys

Ignore my last post. The Serpent can't get a 2x reflex, and it can get a lvl 2 laser dot. It just trades reload speed for fire rate v. the VX6-7.
  17. soupeh

If I'm going to be all over the place (long, med, and short) would you recommend a Solstice SF (w/underbarrel) over a VX-6-7?
  18. ChironV

The VX6-7 is bar none the best Vanu carbine for running and gunning from the hip. Get the laser rail fully certed and you will be able to pull off headshots while flying. The reload time on it makes it a smidgen more effective than the serpent.

If you want a good all round run and gun, I use the Solstice SF with grenade launcher, suppressor and soft-point ammo. It keeps me alive and the grenade launcher is absolutely lethal at medium range. Still the VX6-7 is FAR superior to the solstice in terms of hip fire while running or while flying if it is fully certed in laser rail.
  19. raw

VX6-7. It's essentially a TR weapon with smaller magazine size. But as is typical, don't expect to hit anything beyond 30m.
  20. soupeh

Does the underslung grenade launcher kill groups well like a normal hand grenade? The main problem I have as a LA is that I will have my nade, my 2x C4 then I will come across a big group when I've used the other two up and I want something that can cause some serious AOE damage.