Vanu Are Catching Up

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Synapse-, Oct 9, 2013.

1. -Synapse-

VS are catching up to TR in terms of WDS score, slowly but surely.

Keep it up all you wonderful purple people, we love a good challenge.
    • Up x 1
  2. Shanther

Only because they buffed the points for the lower pop faction. If it weren't for that the TR would still be dominating.
  3. Van Dax

nope, they won't add that until after the pre season.
    • Up x 1
  4. DashRendar

Looks the same to me. TR is still dominating with balanced pops and from the bad warpgates. You can brush it under the rug any way you like, TR will be rebalanced not long following this.
    • Up x 1
  5. -Synapse-

Not trying to hide the balance issues, just congratulating VS on their hard-won victories.
    • Up x 1
  6. Targanwolf

OP
    your kidding right ? Waterson is getting worst not better.I logged today could not find a fight better than 2-1 against Vanu.
    Sure glad I'm NOT paying for this experience.
  7. Ganelon

Hasn't happened.

Lol.
  8. NoctD

There was a time yesterday (around 10pm EST) that pops were almost perfectly balanced on Waterson. Which is actually rather surprising.
  9. Metal Insomniac

I was there. This occurred on Indar. No offense, but why is that a surprise to you? It's quite common for Indar Waterson to have a 33% balanced population during busier hours, unless there's an alert on another continent.
  10. Flashtirade

I'm not going to stop advertising my thread:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/visualizing-wds-scores.153271/

VS have Connery hands down.
    VS are set to overtake the TR on Woodman at their current pace.
    Mattherson is fairly balanced, but now it looks like the VS may also steal the TR's lead and start breaking away.
    VS (and NC) are starting to pick up the pace on Cobalt, but they have a lot of ground to cover.
  11. NoctD

Not on Indar - I was looking at the whole server at the login screen.
  12. Metal Insomniac

Ah, my bad. That is indeed a surprise. TR usually have a good 8% or more over everyone else.
  13. NoctD

Exactly - I couldn't believe it - almost wanted to take a screenshot. Actually ended up playing my NC alt on Connery instead of my VS on Waterson though.
  14. ironeddie

It's interesting to see how different factions are stronger on various servers. VS are wining today & this week on woodman & losing by a very small margin to TR overall. On Connery VS are winning the season. Yet on Briggs TR are the run away leaders points wise.

NC need some love & seem to be doing badly on all servers.

Edit: looking more at the scores I must ask. MILLER VS WHATS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?
  15. IamDH

Nerf bat will swing to the TR side dw
  16. Van Dax

getting double teamed by the NC and TR, NC owns pretty much all of Indar yet ignores the TR while they push east to warpgate us. Tr also own the other continents.
  17. DeadLamb

yeah VS are the only faction on Connery that are actively trying to prove something to themselves or even care about the WDS on Connery. So they are the only ones willing to *yawn* leave Indar and ghost cap out the other maps with like 60+ percent pop while doing it.. I doubt it's VS as a whole but clearly a few of the outfits found a calling and are making it happen. Plus the server gets a pretty big VS pop spike later at night and for these sort of contest the night crews are what win or lose them. Prime time players trade ground too much, where as some empty map capped out at 3am might last for hours.

but hey good for them..
    No way I could rally myself to cap out an empty map anymore. Did it a ton when the game first was out of beta with the whole outfit level gal drop etc moves.. it's just way too boring to do now.. But again hats off to the VS for getting people to play a FPS game by going to an empty map and sit around with no one to shoot just to get some points in a contest that few care about..

It must be bitter sweet to get rewarded for doing it by logging on as a TR alt for a few seconds week after week.
  18. JudgeDeath

I wonder how much of a "challenge" it is when rocking 18% more world pop ^^

Yet SOE in its infinite wisdom decided to put NC and TR as recomended for EU and skip VS that has 10-12% less then each by avarage o_O
  19. Oblomoff

The problem with overpop is that the faction has a free squad-platoon that can basically shred any low-mid player count fights. Of course, it doesn't usually happen but still, any overpopulation is always a dangerous situation.
  20. Targanwolf

Ahhh so now when your wiped out endlessly you can feel better because you got a few extra cert points for those you managed to kill before dieing again.