Vanguard vs Prowler

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Konfuzfanten

A quick question for the tankers:

Last night i was out tanking in both my fully certed prowler and then later in my friends fully certed vanguard.

Started talking about who would win (after the shield nerf) in a straight up 1vs1 at 100 meters, both tanks standing still(100% accuracy):
    a) 2/2; AP prowler, in full anchor mode, halberd on top.
    b) 2/2; AP Vanguard, full shield, enforcer ML85 on top.

Have anyone do a 1vs1 with the new shield?
  2. Thagyr

I haven't ran into a 2/2 Vanguard for a while. I've seen plenty of single-driver vanguards and the shield nerf hasn't really stopped them being pretty dominating in a straight-up slug-fest.
    • Up x 3
  3. Qaz

In a purely theoretical example like this, things come down to simple math. The vanguard needs 8 seconds to kill the prowler from the front, assuming there are no reload certs in play (it should be 7 seconds with max reload). The prowler has pretty insane DPS with anchor, but the shield still adds a lot of EHP.

To be precise, the shield adds 6250 EHP to the 12500 EHP of the vanguard's front (18750 in total, vs 10800 for the prowler). Surprisingly, the DPS of the prowler is not sufficient to power through that in time. The prowler would kill the vanguard in 9.25 seconds, assuming the shield is triggered perfectly.

In a more real scenario, a vanguard would most likely ****** if it got caught be an anchored 2/2 prowler though.
    • Up x 6
  4. Schwak

Anchor mode bonuses can be minimized by kiting in and out of cover between reloads. The halberd is better then the enforcer in these situations.
    • Up x 1
  5. Konfuzfanten

Many thx. Forumside, the-best-side!

The argument was about best pure killing speed 1vs1 (2/2 vs 2/2).

No hiding or driving around :)
  6. HellasVagabond

I love it when people ignore facts and say whatever comes to mind. So for perhaps the Millionth time in these forums it was PROVEN (YouTube clip) that an Anchored Prowler can destroy a Vanguard with max shield in 8s BEFORE the shield nerf. Now that has effectively fallen to 7s. So how can some of you stand around and claim that WITH a secondary gunner the Prowler needs 9.25s is really beyond me.
  7. MarkAntony

Right now the lockdown prowler will roflstomp the vanguard. Which is why I keep my distance and always have escape options.
  8. Qaz

Link? Also, i'm open to correcting my results if there are errors. This is a simple math problem with a set starting position and equipment, so it should be easy to calculate. If you have a different result, please share it with us.
    • Up x 3
  9. HellasVagabond

I have shared it in the past 100 times already (many know this), i can't share it each and every single time someone says otherwise. Search the forums and you will find it.
  10. Qaz

Im somewhat confident in my math though.
  11. HellasVagabond

Others were confident in what they were saying, they even said it couldn't happen so when i posted the clips they stopped talking. Anyways with the current buff in Anchored mode if we were to compare tanks with only their drivers inside the Prowler would win every single fight.
  12. NoctD

Swap out the Halberd for the ESAV ie. Vulcan and make it 100m engagement distance for a more apples to apples comparison.

The Vulcan needs to be fixed already. Its ridiculous TR are forced to use the Halberd.
    • Up x 3
  13. Konfuzfanten

So i looked through the top 20 posts or so of your postings and didnt find a single video of a 100 meter or closer fight between a vanguard with full shields/full upgraded vs a fully certed anchored prowler.

We aint talking live action, we are talking a best-of/pure 1vs1 (2/2 vs 2/2) kill race. Firing at the same time, no dodging, 100% hit.
    • Up x 1
  14. HellasVagabond

My vids show how many shots/damage a anchored prowler can dish out inside 8s, that's all (and i didn't post them here) so yes 100% hit and 1 vs 1 of course.
  15. Qaz

Your second statement is correct. If we were talking about 1/2 tanks, anchor mode would be beating the shield easily (TTK: 14.3 secs vs 20s). With the given scenario, the shield wins though, even if it's just barely.
  16. Slandebande

Hellas primarily uses his Vanguard as 1/2, and as such he discusses all balance situations like they were 1/2. Makes sense :rolleyes: He also likes giving erroneous numbers, like the Prowler P2-AP being able to destroy a Vanguard (including the Shield) from the front in less than 8 seconds, despite it has been proven countless times that the Prowler requires ~7½ seconds to destroy a non-shielded Vanguard from the front assuming Anchor 4 and maxed reload on AP.
  17. HellasVagabond

The difference however is that i posted a clip showing how many shots an anchored prowler can dish out inside 8s thus according to calculations it can easily take down the shield and the armor of the vanguard. Of course if someone was to make a vid of an anchored prowler shooting at a Vanguard with the shield on and the result was let's say 11-12s or more then i would admit i'm wrong. However to my knowledge noone has done so yet.
  18. PrimePriest

Vanguard still wins easily at 100m. I actually gotten myself in situation where guy anchored and tried to win DPS race. I was left with about 3/4 of health. (though I run Halbert postnerf and have both reload times maxed).

However at 300m situation would be hell of a different. Both tanks guess the first shot wrong, miss and need to readjust for drop. Then Prowler wins easily.
  19. Slandebande

How about the fact that it takes an Anchor 4 Prowler with maxed AP 7½ seconds to destroy a Vanguard from the front, without the Shield. I don't see how it can then take out the Shield in the remaining ½ a second.
  20. HellasVagabond

Will post a vid of that soon, haven't tried for real.