[Suggestion] Vanguard Shield for NC Max

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Juho, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Juho

Would make much more sense than buggy Aegis Shield

Good idea! Am I right?
    • Up x 2
  2. Korban

No.
  3. Skiptrace

No, they just need to fix Aegis Shield, and it will be fine.
  4. _itg

It would certainly be a lot more useful, which would make TR and VS players furious. Personally, I think the Aegis shield is cool enough that it's worth trying to fix (buffs as well as bug fixes) rather than replace it with a less visually striking option that's a lot more frustrating to fight against.
  5. TheMatulaakLives

At least with the shield you can flank the MAX.
  6. Goretzu

It would be much less buggy and much less susceptible to lag and clientside issues (just like the Van shield) - all of which is unfixable effectively.

PS1 NC MAXs basically had a vanguard type shield.

It almost certainly couldn't keep its current strength though, if it were an all-around non-directional shield.

I don't know if they could do this, but it would fix a lot if they could make it all-round, but make it stronger at the front. Visually this could be as it is now, but with a surrounding blue sphere glow as well.

So it would function as now, but would also protect from the sides and back to much lesser degrees, so not fixing the clientside/lag issues, but at least reducing them a lot.
  7. Endlave

people are angry with the shield for HA and you want one for the max? How about no.
  8. Skiptrace

Only noobs are angry with it. It's easily countered with a good flanking Shotgun LA or a MAX Unit.

I think the Aegis Shield could be reworked into a more HA like shield, and it would buff them greatly, but it would have to reduce the damage that they deal in some form, as most NC MAX units are pretty good at everything from Tank Busting (Dual Ravens are best AV and in some cases AA) to absolutely decimating AI (Grinders or Hacksaws = KILL EVERYTHING!!!)
  9. Takara

Nope, no thanks. I personally like the Aegis shield I use it all the time. It has it's flaws....but look at lockdown and ZoE then try to complain about Aegis :-/ There isn't much of an argument.
    • Up x 1
  10. Endlave

If a class is only countered by something that you need to pay 450 nanites for or by a so specific playstyle such as shotgun LA, then everything is said about that class. Yep, totally fine.
  11. Liewec123

well apparently they're finally fixing the splash damage issue, now all they need to do is:
    fix the sideways shield issue (where the shield is sideway but you see it normally in first person so you stand there and die.)
    fix the weapon lock that sometimes occurs when you lower the shield to return fire and....nothing happens.
    fix the weapon lock that occures when you die with the shield raised (you can't do ANYTHING until you pull another max and raise and lower the shield.)

i'd also like for the coverage to be increased, obviously i'm not talking 180 degree protection, but maybe a slight curve so you can block from front angles.
    and then finally, it could possibly be worth using as an alternative to charge.

i hear people saying that they would like to be able to fire one weapon while the shield is up, but i think that would be too OP,
    all it needs to do is function as a shield, properly and without bugs :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Goretzu

Aegis Sheild is countered by simply shooting at the feet (or head if feet are covered), it is not rocket science and you can do it with a pistol if you want.
  13. asmodraxus

I'm fine with this on the condition that ZoE is made into something other then a suicide mode and becomes actually useful (hint a rank 1 LA jump jets would be useful to some extent, but that will never happen) before this happens.