Vanguard Nerf on PTS!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Alarox, Jun 21, 2014.

1. OddChelsea

You're no fun. Most of us do know that.
  2. Alarox

Sarcasm is hard to read over the internet. Sometimes it just comes off as "this poor guy... I must inform him".
  3. Scr1nRusher

its for vehicle hacking & double camos.
  4. Kunavi

You know what, just pray they don't give the VG lingerie too...
  5. Pikachu

It's worse than I thought. The turret texture looks like it doesn't belong to the rest of the tank and it's camo is 10x as big as the rest of the tank.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  6. Pikachu

Compare to current version.
    [IMG]
  7. Jaedrik

I'm glad for a little more blue and less yellow, but the rest of it kinda sucks :(
  8. AshHill07

Looking at the last screenshots I suspect the turret hasn't actually been done yet.
    • Up x 2
  9. Klypto

I would rathet have 0 blue and more yellow. Blue clashes with 75%+ of the camos where yellow clashes with about 4%.
    • Up x 1
  10. Klondor

I see absolutely no problem here. For the longest time, the NC's Vanguard has had just about 100% camouflage coverage, while the Prowler has huge spots of bare empire colored metal, then we have the problem of the Magrider's near 100% coverage as well.
  11. Sergio Lima

Until a short time ago the front of the Prowler and laterals were gray. Now practically the front and the laterals are red which was horrible.

I agree that Vanguard is ugly the way it is done, however also like the colors of the Prowler were also revised.

As we have to "buy" camos, why they do not cover all the tank and also the infantry like the real life? Exception is the VANU.

Juts compare with photo of my avatar the Old Prowler colors with the current Prowler: (.
  12. CHDT65

God, it's ugly.
  13. AshHill07

This is now on the live server FYI.

To be honest, now I've seen it with my camo's on and not just the default textures, I think I prefer it.
    Just to note the camo's on my scrapper plating haven't been changed at all, so I guess we'll have to wait another 6 months for them to sync those up like last time.
  14. Klypto

So instead of advocating for better camo coverage on the prowler in which we will support, you throw mud at other people because you have less.

Real classy Klondor. You're really shooting for the big props there.
    • Up x 1
  15. Klondor

*Shrug* I can't say much in defense of that. Whoever's designing these god awful changes to aesthetics "knows what they're doing". Take for instance the changes to the character armor and color scheme, the alpha gameplay versions looked so much better, but they went ahead with the changes that made us all look like we came fresh out of a clown's dressing room.
  16. Hajj Podge

There is zero reason to have faction colors on empire specific MBTs until they implement vehicle hacking at some point next year. All of this crayola coloring is just ugly and it needs to stop. Crayola coloring does nothing to improve performance. All it does is make this game seem more cartoony than it needs to.
    • Up x 1
  17. Shadowomega

Dunno if you guys even though about it, but their likely leaving those empire colors in spots for a big reason. Back in PS1 they had were people could Jack your vehicle, and later you could jack them while people were in it. A couple months ago TRay posted a pick of a Vanu Prowler stating that the coding either was completed or in the works to do that in PS2, if they do add in that feature. So my guess they need to fix the markings to at least let people figure out if that tank is really from their faction.
  18. Alarox

Why not add those colors AFTER the vehicle is hacked? Why not have a default camo that is applied to the vehicle when it is hacked?
  19. DeadliestMoon

I actually like the new design.
  20. Pikachu

http://2.bp.************/-cZ226LiZzCY/UPnP1shkm5I/AAAAAAAAGd8/BdelwSKRdCQ/s400/tumblr_m5j5ywtFJO1rukiqco1_400.jpg