Vanguard AP vehicle gun is OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Navoletti, May 23, 2014.

1. Cyrek

What is wrong with Vanguard?
    -Too much burst with AP along with Enforcer to the point not even a small team of engineers can react to fast enough.
    -Shield, too good on melee range.
    -Other secondaries not an attractive choice as the cookie cutter Enforcer.
  2. Alarox

Against what? And shouldn't a 2/2 dedicated AV tank deal... well.. lots of AV damage?

[IMG]

Basilisk: A less-effective Walker that kind of helps against infantry and armor.
    Halberd: Personal preference between Enforcer/Halberd as they both fulfill the same role.
    Kobalt: A solid secondary weapon for AI work, and one that I personally use while 1/2.
    Canister: For $hits and giggles.
    Walker: A solid weapon for a 1/2 tank that uses HEAT.
    Ranger: For masochists.

The only thing that would change if the Enforcer didn't exist is that people would use the Halberd. In all other cases the other secondaries still have their roles.
    • Up x 3
  3. Sagabyte

I think it would be absolutely hilarious if we gave tank cannons knockback to the things it hits. AP cannons would have the most while HE would have the least. That way, the Titan-AP can send an infantryman into orbit.

This is also implying that the AP gun would work well. Compared to the god AP prowler, it's useless. The shield was nerfed into oblivion so it does nothing for the Vanguard except block a rocket. Also, the Vanguard has very little extra armor when compared to other vehicles on the battlefield. It was designed to have armor as a bonus. It doesn't have that.

The Vanguard needs at least 3000 shield life, 1000 extra HP, and small tank gun buffs. It at least needs this to be viable again.
  4. Flag

Ok.

To balance it out, the Van turns into a brick that can't really turn the turret or hull above the speed "really ****ing slowly".
    Top speed also cut by 15 km/h.

No? Didn't think so.
    At the moment, the Van is slightly better than the Mag at AV firepower. It's also slightly faster(barely), and it also has a greater damage resist value on side/top/front compared to the other two MBTs.

The Vanguard is perfectly viable compared to the Mag and Prowler. The real question is how viable the MBTs as a whole are compared to the rest of the game.
    Important distinction.
  5. RaidsRUs

Hell, I might have to switch to NC just for more of these ladies.
  6. Flag

7. Alarox

8. RaidsRUs

9. Flag

Because science.
    And nanites.

I know someone who exported the character models, and after isolating the buttocks from the rest of the model, the Vanu one had a notably higher amount of polygons or vertices or what it's called. :p (the guy plays TR, so I wouldn't say he's biased towards the VS ;) )

So we can then say that science leads to finer buttocks!
  10. Epic High Five

VS, if the Vanguard got nerfed but we got something like the PPA for our Harassers and Vanguards then the lives of the VS and TR would get much, much worse than they are now. I don't know if you guys have used it but the C85 is literally so bad that anything we get to compensate for how bad it is justified

You guys pull HE/HEAT MBTs with AI secondaries and get wrecked by packs of AP/Enforcer Vanguards, cry about it, and actually succeed and getting the Vanguard nerfed.

Just let it rest, the Vanguard is fine
  11. Frozen-K

Again, the lack of TR representation around here is disheartening.
  12. Moz

If anything is OP its prowlers lockdown....................

But that isnt really OP either, ITS JUST SITUATIONAL just like all the other "special" nerf this or that threads...
  13. Slandebande

Usually to write such incorrect things, you have to have a sore bottom caused, so umad? Anyways, I think it's safe to say that you shouldn't pay attention to the OP, he has made countless threads like this (not just about the Vanguard), and doesn't represent the community one bit. At least not us that were actually arguing for a Vanguard change. Quite an important distinction.

Oh, and yeah, at the moment, I wouldn't know whether to put a Marauder or a Canister on my tanks, as they are both equally bad in my opinion (both have advantages over the other, but both suck).
  14. Epic High Five

Yeah buddy, show me your C85 auraxium and I'll believe you're some magical prophet of this stuff. Me? I use both it and the PPA and let me tell you it changes pretty drastically how those tanks are used and how they should be viewed. Memad ain't an issue - I drive a Vanguard son, that means AP/Enforcer and I just LOVE seeing PPA Magriders and HE Prowlers and there are so many of them!

You'd want to put a Marauder on it, 100%. At least the Marauder is a spammier Fury, as opposed to the C85 which is a spammier...Airhammer? Except without any of the redeeming features of the Airhammer? Piston maybe?
  15. Flag

Calm down, no-one sensible actually claims that the PPA is as bad as the C85 (or marauder).
    However, that does not mean the PPA is OP, only that it is better than the other ESAI guns.
  16. Epic High Five

The PPA does what it is intended to do - kill mans - while also being a huge liability against everything else. It's a fine weapon, though I think the magazine size needs to be tweaked because it's pretty much without precedent in this game.

The C85 and Marauder need to be buffed.

The problem is - what do you guys feel is more likely? The C85 getting splash and a 25+ round mag to make it asymmetrically as useful as a PPA, or the PPA getting a huge COF bloom to make it a inefficient as the C85? Let's be realistic here, shotguns don't get buffs. Even when the C85 got big adjustments last time around the damage was cut dramatically
  17. Flag

My "fear" is that they will ruin the last ESAI gun that's worth using, and then we'll have 3 guns that aren't worth the time.

That's what I'd expect.
  18. Slandebande

Why should I need to show you an auraxium of the Canister? I never wrote anything about the Canister, other than it being practically as bad as the Marauder (e.g. useless). I have used it though, but that is irrelevant. I wouldn't place the Marauder on my tank anyways, just like I won't place a Canister there, if I was to be in any ways serious about the upcoming tank run. Both have advantages over the other. Do I need to show an auraxium to have an opinion on the Canister? I'd love to see your auraxium with the Marauder (obtained after the nerf of course), because you cannot have an opinion on it without having such a medal right? Can we get real now please?

I simply wrote that people who write what you wrote are usually mad. For the record, you wrote this:
    That is a generalist statement which has no basis in what actually transpired, and is usually something frustrated people resort to when they don't know what else to do. Maybe that isn't the case with you, but it did seem very obvious. Not many of us wanted these changes, and especially not based on the reasons you put forth in your post (since according to you we pulled HE/HEAT tanks and whined about losing to AP tanks. Here is a tip, those people are NOT tankers, nor are they us). Nonetheless, it came of childish, so I responded in turn with the "umad" childish question. I hope you weren't offended :rolleyes:
  19. Epic High Five

I simply wrote that people who are throwing around generalist statements without an ounce of evidence or even a name in their signature typically will respond with walls of vaugely accusatory text in lieu of actually producing something in the way of evidence supporting their blind accusations.

Oh okay now it makes sense. This is an "us v them" thing within the community of "tankers"

Here's a tip yo: from where SOE sits, all people who pull tanks are tankers. Nothing will ever be balanced with just the top 0.5% in mind because that's a horrible business and game design decision on all levels.

Why would I be offended? I pull my Vanguard and I wreck face. I can prove plenty and I don't even feel like I have anything to prove. I do feel like I've got a voice in this matter though and I feel like some downright stupid stuff is being bandied about as fact. Standards are falling everywhere you know, but can't let it all pass
  20. MGP

The OP is hilarious. If you look at his older posts, you'll see that he's started as VS, and made zillion of "OMG TR OP" forum posts. Now, apparently, he's rerolled TR and now it's time to whine that NC is OP.

i lold irl
    • Up x 1