Valkyrie is the new (air) Harasser?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Inzababa

@@

It's a new thing, been seing a ton of these things recently. (yet more thorns in the deployed sundy backside)

Hey Devs, could we get a Sundy buff plz? thanks,
  2. Kristan

About damn time! Now Valk doesn't feel like cert pinata, weapons of which were designed to tickle someone to death. Or just a throwaway air taxi. Pelter throws a punch now.

And why Sunderers should be buffed? They have Basilisks, Rangers and Walkers. Hell, some people use Sunderers as better AA platform than Skyguard!
    • Up x 1
  3. UberNoob1337101

That's because Crapguard got nerfed and now it takes 55 or something shells to down an ESF (even more from Libs, Valks and Gals) from full to 0, not considering fire suppression. Compare it to the Walker that has faster TTK, is more accurate, has longer range and is more effective against infantry.

Walker gunners would use the Skiggird if it was actually good. But it's not.
    • Up x 2
  4. Lamat

I feel like Valkyries are in a really good place now, nerf to excessive inflight repair but buff to it's guns.

I have no problems shredding air away from my sunderer with only a single Walker AA on the back, as long as you are proactive and don't wait to be damaged before you hop in the gun and start shooting back.
    • Up x 1
  5. Inzababa

Because Sunderers aren't fighting only Valks, there are swarms of Harassers, tanks,ESFs, light assault with rockLLLLLet rifles, not to mention Liberators which can fly out of range from lock on rockets and can't be targeted manually cause infantry can't look directly up ALL OF WHICH HAVE BEEN BUFFED

So yeah, if everything that can be a pain in the *** to a deployed sundy is being buffed, then sundy must be buffed too!
  6. Lamat

What Sunderers really need is to be given back the downward shooting angle to the Basilisk so that they can better defend against Harrassers. I've lost zero Sunderers to Valkyries but countless to Harrassers that drive right up next to you to destroy you for free XP. Although it can also work in your favor by setting up tankmine traps for when they try to do this, but that only works when deployed not on the move.
    • Up x 4
  7. Inzababa

I jump out the sundy and (easier now with new animation) stick a c4 on their ***, but you got to be lucky heh, also since "newawesomepatchbecausethedevsaresosmartandsocoolanditreallylooksliketheyknowwhatthehelltheyaredoing" (critical something), it doesn't one shot them anymore, but still, (again if you're lucky) you should be able to finish them off with a small gun.

I don't mean to brag, but I have killed, driven, defended, placed, deployed, and basically used and killed thousands of sunders. It's the vehicle in which I spend (by far) the most time, not cause I like it, but because they help so much, you need them. There's lots of different situations (undefended sundy cause you at the A point, incoming enemy infantry push, lightning or harasser really far away sniping your sundy, maxes and so on, so its hard to kind of apply a general rule to everything.

But since all those years I've been playing, one thing is for sure, it's been harder, more stressful, and more time consuming to have a sundy and defend it. If you care of course, if you care, I find you have to baby sit the sundy so much more than before, they are so much more fragile and powerless, so much easier to kill.

End of wall of text with beautyful conclusion :

I think it's intended by the devs, they must have sat round a coffee table one morning and someone said "I think we need to improve the flow of combat, we need less "deadlocks" where fights never end, I have a good solution, let's make sunderers weaker by making everything and everyone else stronger except them".

"If we were to nerf the sundies there would be chaos and drama on the social networks, instead, we make everyone super happy by buffing the rest! " They clapped their hands, cheered to the future of modern gaming, and went on to play a game of COD!
  8. Lamat

I believe it, they don't want a lone sunderer to keep a battle going, they want to encourage other vehicles and air units to be involved in base capture.
    • Up x 2
  9. adamts01

I'm happy with Valks as well. They are a little squish against ESF noseguns, but they have to be so they aren't immortal with an Engineer. Their weapons are actually dealing damage at this point!!! The turret rotation from a few patches back is awesome. Harassers do need a health nerf and cost increase.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kristan

Yet still by matter of TTK Pelter outmatches other guns. It's either needs a minor nerf from 167 to 150 direct damage, or other guns might need a small buff.
  11. Towie

Agreed - and not just Basilisk (Fury is now a bit of a liability on a Sunderer).

The angle nerf was to create a no-kill zone directly around Sunderers so infantry can get in close and do their stuff without insta-death. Not sure it was need - the usual attack method is still by air (C4 fairy etc.) or AV Vehicles (the likes of the Harasser are now impossible to hit - great).

I've been moaning about it for a long time now - but still nothing.
  12. Lamat

Except that Kobalts can still shoot down at infantry and harrassers, or was that by design that only Kobalts should be used to defend against infantry up close?
  13. Towie

They didn't nerf the Kobalt pitch-down angle on the Sunderer, only the Ant.

On the Sunderer they nerfed Basilisk, Fury and Bulldog angles (Basilisk less so) - Fury had some other nerfs too making it weaker against vehicles.