Valkyrie CAS 14-E

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Prudentia, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Prudentia

so the wonderful weapon with the Name "Close Air Support 14(mm) Explosive" currently has following stats:
    480rpm
    143/10/50/125
    100/0.35/1/1
    1° CoF

to compare the lasher has:
    333rpm
    155/10/105/60
    75/1/25/3
    1.5° CoF
    0.1 Bloom

so all i get from sitting in the CAS compared to sitting in the back shoting a lasher is no Bloom? The lasher has 25 less Maximum splash and a lower firerate, but it still has it's Maximum splash when the CAS already deals no damage anymore?

I think the best Setup for a Valkyrie for VS is a Pilot and 4 Lashers in the back and don't waste someone on the gunner seat :rolleyes:
  2. Mockabacka

Yes, nerf the lasher ;)
    • Up x 2
  3. Ztiller

Why use 4 Lashers when you can use 5

Shove a amedic in the gunner seat, and his Triage will keep the cert-piñatas on the rumble seats alive.
    • Up x 1
  4. MrSilk

Why not just have 5 PPA cannons attached!?
  5. Ronin Oni

NOW we're getting somewhere.

NC would of course get air shotguns [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. MrSilk

Yes, that are only effective at 10m.. so you'd actually have to land to do damage.
  7. Ronin Oni

OMG, just realized TR would then get 5x Banshee's :eek:
  8. CHDT65

Not only this thing is ugly, but the pilot has about nothing to do except bus driving.
  9. Demigan

Did you look at weapon-specific damage reductions? I think you'll find the CAS having a very different damage reduction and possibly damage increase against various targets compared to the Lasher.
    Also, TR and NC can't use the Lasher.
  10. Prudentia

all stats ingame are against Infantry.
    Pheonix does the same damage as a decimator, but has only 700 damage, because: all stats are displayed against Infantry
    G2A Lockons deals 1/3 of the damage of Dumbfire but has same damage in the stats, because: all stats are displayed against Infantry

and the CAS is an AI gun so why would i rate it for it's AV damage?
    • Up x 1
  11. Demigan

Ok good point. So you have a swivel gunner operated nosecannon that is outclassed by the Lasher. What kind of upgrade are you thinking off? A direct stats buff? A different way to handle the weapon?
  12. Prudentia

Accuracy buff, Splash RANGE buff.
    a accuracy of 1° is just bad, 0.5 would bring it just slightly above the accuracy of the (Air) PPA (0.55)
    100 damage is acceptable, just the 0.35meters is laughable.
    100/1/1/3
    would probable make it somewhat useful
    • Up x 1