[Suggestion] Valkyrie abilities?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechwolf, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Mechwolf

Instead of the floating spawnpoint, why wouldn't we add other things to the valk, and have it based off of the WASP system?

1. Cloak using cortium
    2. RAM shield using cortium: gives the valk a shield the same way how a heavy's works, but makes the density the same or greater than a galaxy's, uses about 2k cortium after connecting with a vehicle)
    3. Boost system, but with a much more effective boost
    4. Cortium repair mod, be able to use cortium to aim-repair vehicles at 2x the rate of an engineer gun, at the same range of the cortium laser.
    5. C-30 shield, be able to resist 30% more incoming damage using cortium.
  2. Botji

With how stupidly overtuned the Valkyrie already is I think buffing it even more is 100% the wrong direction to go, it needs nerfs not buffs.
    • Up x 2
  3. Liewec123

Agreeing with Botji on this one, the last Pelter buff was massively excessive,
    I think giving valks a buff while Pelter is in its current form would cause a lot of anger and confusion ;)
  4. Botji

To elaborate a bit:

I am quite negative to any of these suggestions not only because its buffs but they do not seem to be thought out at all, a 30% damage reduction would increase the Valks damage reduction from below to 80% which is beyond insane for how fast and agile they are now + DPS almost like a AP Lightning.

Same goes with more or less all the defensive buffs listed, they would scale through the roof with the -50% damage reduction they have from below and cloak would just make it trivial to fly above and close to a Skyguard(or whatever) and blap it with little risk as you can just cloak back up again when you run away. Invisibility on the ground can kinda be seen at close range due to all the textures and objects, something cloaked in the air? Good effing luck keeping eyes on that and finally the boost would also be crazy, Valks with the speed and agility buffs they got are already too fast, throw on a normal boost let alone a more effective one would make them near immortal to anything on the ground.

These are all big problems with the suggested buffs that should have been fairly obvious if more than a few seconds were spent on them so -1 gold star on this assignment!

The repair stuff is interesting though.
  5. VV4LL3

I don't agree with Botji's language here, but the sentiment certainly.

The only major changes would be to allow NSO MAXes, since their weapons are so terribly underpowered for the most part... but I'd understand if they were to leave all MAXes out regardless.
  6. Mechwolf

Part of my original post was using the WASP mechanic, therefore deleting the front gun entirely, sacrificing DPS for more utility functions.

When I say "much more effective boost" I mean the ability to outrun a mosquito in the long run, instead of just being a floating punching bag, not to mention this would help with fights where you have to rush to a base (I play on ps4, so this still occasionally applies)

The only problem with enabling MAX units in a 4 seater vehicle, granted, yes, it would be AS effective as a striker valk, but with longer range.... you'd probably be best off having a heavy-duty valk variant that closes off rumble seats for 20% more damage resistance passively, and still had the gun.
    • Up x 1
  7. VV4LL3

Easily solved by a weapons lock.