[Suggestion] Valkeries are useless

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlizardX, Oct 22, 2016.

1. BlizardX

I am still novice in Valkyries so I tried to get the directives for them eventually I got nothing but to know why I am still novice with them even tough I am BR 97.

They are ******* useless ****.

So please do something about that.
  2. boey

Valkyries are ok, when used as a transport system. For everything else they are useless. Thats right.
  3. JKomm

They're getting two major changes next patch. First, Squad Logistics will be built-in, which is huge since that was a must-have cert, now you can ride with something more specialized like Fire Suppression or Scout Radar. Second, the turret will now have 360 degrees of motion, making it infinitely more viable in attack roles, which also greatly improves the usefulness of every weapon available to it.
  4. Problem Officer

5. Klabauter8

I have almost auraxiumed the Valkyrie now, and it is absolutely not useless. It's just a high skill ceiling vehicle which even needs very good teamplay (more teamplay than any other vehicle). To use them to their full extend you really need a full vehicle of people who really know what they are doing. And finding this in this game is almost impossible.

If anything here is useless, then it's the playerbase, because it's way too difficult to find really good teamplay in this game. Most of the teamplay here just consists of "follow the marker", "switch to class/vehicle x", etc, but teamplay with real micromanagement is really hard to find, which is exactly what you need for Valkyries. This and really good piloting skills.
    • Up x 1
  6. Klabauter8

That's actually a very nice improvement. Just sad that this comes exactly when I just auraxiumed the Valk. I personally don't even find it that necessary (at least not if you play with randoms), but you just always have to use logistics if you want to grind directives, which is really annoying.
  7. Humoreske

Speedy + SquadSpawnPoint
    What's problem?
  8. Pikachu

They are balanced around having 4 engineers repairing them. They might as well replace the seats with "hold F to repair".
  9. FieldMarshall

I kinda wish it had like a (modified) AMS spawn effect, so everyone could spawn into your Valk, not just squad members.
    It would be restricted the same as a squad beacon. You could only spawn into a non-squad Valkyrie every x minutes.
    It would be in the form of a Utility (or Defense) slot, with higher ranks allowing faster spawning.

I think it would put more Valks in the air and also make it more rewarding/viable for solo play.
    Its already fun and balanced for squad play. But even then, most squads just dont bother.
  10. Klabauter8

You don't need 4 engies to be good with a Valk though. Even with just a gunner already you can be pretty good with it, similar effective as a Harasser. Especially against lower armored targets Valks can be really good (except for ESFs), since your gunner can hit them very well (if he knows what he is doing).

If you have 4 engies with high explosives though, you can be pretty much unstoppable if you are good at piloting.
  11. Daigons

Valk carrying 5 Light Assaults with 10 blocks of C4 over to an opposing armor column == Priceless
  12. Klabauter8

I also would love to fly a Valk with 4 Lasher HAs over an Infantry crowd.
  13. Liewec123

or a striker valk on TR, death to enemy air!
    also 4 engies with tank mines and "mine carrier" suit slot :)
    20 tank mines raining from above will utterly melt any tank column :D
  14. TrolKabu

I wonder what a Valk full of Engies with Archers could achieve, even more with this faster rechamber coming update. Anybody tried it ?
  15. Klabauter8

Archers are really only good at killing Maxes, and turrets, and for flying in a Valk, this needs too much precision.
    The only good main gun for Valks is the Lasher imo, because it has splash damage and it's easy to hit with it.
  16. Alizona

They always were useless. To me anyways. I play solo lone wolf 100% of the time, so I've never had any need whatsoever for a "transport air vehicle".

I guess they're useful as an air taxi at time, for squads and outfits and zergs. But for me a Scythe is faster and more agile with better firepower, and the Nanite cost is not very much more than the Valkyrie... so I can count on one hand the times I've pulled a Valk... and I bet most of them were misclick mistakes at the Terminal. LMAO
  17. Klabauter8

Why do you think you can judge about this vehicle if you are lone wolf anyway?
    It's a very teamplay focused vehicle. As a lone wolf you won't accomplish anything with it.
  18. CNR4806

Thanks for telling us something that we knew since Day 1 of Valkyrie release. That was how many years ago again?

Do you have any constructive suggestion?
  19. BlizardX

Scrap and build something instead, forgot this point I wanted to get to, thanks.
  20. Diilicious

valks with engineers can **** all over skyguards and the skyguard does quite literally 0 damage, lol, extremely frustrating.

shooting them down with Titan AP is easier