[Suggestion] Uzi

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Tenebrae Aeterna, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Tenebrae Aeterna

Hmm...

Initially, I was going to suggest this for the Nanite Systems SMG due to the fact that it's a mildly tweaked clone of the current live variant. However, seeing as how they are considering duel wielding for you guys, I wanted to initially suggest this as a new Light Assault class specific weapon...even though the concept of duel wielding seems heavily controversial amongst the majority of you.

Basically, each Uzi would come in a set which are devoid any scope options. Independently, they would be statistically weaker than an actual SMG, but when fired together their statistical damage output would be higher than your standard SMG. They would also come with a pretty significant ammunition pool since they're two weapons...but the reload period would be quite considerable for that very same reason.

The dynamic of being able to use one of the weapons or both, simultaneously, would provide an interesting mechanic of choosing how much ammunition you wish to spend on any given target. If you come across a wounded soldier, you may just want to pick them off with a single Uzi rather than hose them with both. Essentially, this would work like the MAX suit, naturally.

- Independently weaker than the SMG.
    - No scope options.
    - Long reload period.

- Stronger than an SMG when both are used simultaneously.
    - Larger ammunition pool due to the fact that it's two weapons.

As I stated, this was originally an idea for the new Nanite Systems SMG to provide us with something different from that shoddy mildly tweaked variant they have on the test server...but since it's a duel wield concept and they're considering that for all of you...figured it might be better suited to suggest here than for that. Also, if this was suggested for you guys before, my apologies...I don't spend a lot of time around here and the search function didn't provide me anything on an Uzi. It may have, however, been suggested as something else.

Thoughts?
  2. Iridar51

If dual wielding is to be implemented, we definitely shouldn't be able to dual wield any of the current weapons, as any combination of them will be vastly superior to any primary out there.

Natural conclusion to this is that some sort of new weapons should be created, that would be dual-wield-only, and have combined DPS slightly higher or on par with other primaries. Some additional unique mechanic, like separate shooting or increased mid-air accuracy are welcome, of course.

This isn't exactly new, but you are the first one to create such a detailed description.
    • Up x 2
  3. Tenebrae Aeterna

Yeah...

When I initially read that they were considering duel wielding, I was completely confused on how they were going to go about doing this. Like you, I agree that it would have to be a completely new type of weapon...and I figured Uzis would serve the role fairly well and provide a nice little niche. Granted, I'm not good with statistical balancing or what not...hence the generalizations within the OP, but I don't see a reason it couldn't work. Some unique options via attachments would be pretty cool...further differentiate them from the SMGs.