[Guide] Using Infiltrators as Walking Bombs (ATICD)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Verviedi, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Sovietkoshka

Hey, perfect just what the Vanu doctor/mad engineer/scientist ordered.
  2. Botji

I have once gotten a C4 stuck on a friendly by accident, any attempt to replicate it failed and I have never seen anyone else with a C4 on them so im a bit sceptical that this actually works unless there is some kind of "trick" to it or its a recent change.
  3. Verviedi

It's recent. You have to stand the right distance away from the infil and stick the C4 on their arm.
  4. TorigomaSET

No, Jhad-Infiltrators have been around since C4 came out. Stalking DOES make it alot easier though. I can not begin to count the number of Tanks I've taken out this way.
    • Up x 1
  5. Botji

Thats how I got it to stick the first and only time but we did try to recreate it, standing close, standing "far" away, lobbing the C4 up in the air but none of it worked. So if its the same then there has to be a fairly precise distance and part where you aim or just a generally luck based chance of it sticking, not the best way to spend resources imo.

Would be cool if on of the "we do this all the time" people that already knew about it would show or tell how its done :p
  6. Moz

7. Iridar51

8. Kaeyz

Can't say that I do this all the time but oh well it is simple.

Bluntly put :
    1 Learn the pattern C4 is falling after drop
    2 Aim it at Stalker's weapon
    3 Simply troll.

However as I don't want to steal Vanu mad scientist thread, I do like order on forums and since thread is speaking about explosive infiltrators hm...Let's say NC style, for a change.

"They don't pay me enough to fight this zerg, I quit from this outpost, with a big bada boom. Few times if neccessary, can't let supplies fall to hands of enemy.."

So this idea I had might be old, however since c4's don't seem to be new either might as well post it.
    Basically speaking few conditions have to be met.
    1 You're an infiltrator [ obviously ]
    2 You do posess anti personnel minefields in quantitiy of at least 2.
    3 Current fight is just usual spawncamp, yet you have EMP's.

Things to do :

1 Equip a stalker cloak with an EMP nade and ES minefields in quantity of two at least.
    2 Pick up your target from groups of spawncampers.
    3 Throw an EMP in the middle of it.
    4 Cloak, run through minizergs dropping mines in groups.
    5 Knife few shieldless people.
    6 Die knowing what'll happen in a sec after minefield will arm.
    7 Collect killstreak ranging from 7 to 15 depending on performance in mere 1-2 minutes approximately.

Conclusion : "Underpaid infiltrator is a mean infiltrator"

Pros : You kill people, vent out annoyance at zerg nature of spawncamping , you get certs. You can do it by yourself.
    Cons : Life expectancies usually are not extremely high, however you get to laugh.
    • Up x 1
  9. Eaderout

can you blow up vehicles with this?
  10. Verviedi

Yes. Attach more C4 if a Sunderer is annoying you.
  11. Biddion

Yes nothing new. And you can put C4 on the front of your own flash, change to infiltrator for cloaking, hit the back of a sunderer with fury about 5 times and then drive up and point blank fire to blow you and the sunderer up sky high.

Alternativly, put c4 on the back, hit the sunderer with a basilisk (less time than the fury) and jump off to let the flash bump the sunderer. Then shoot the c4 in the jump seat.

This works as long as it doesnt have blockade armor. If it does, bring an engie friend.
  12. PastalavistaBB

Lately I'm seeing this being used more and more. It has to change. There's a reason why Infilskrubs don't get C4.
  13. lawn gnome

LASHERS! problem solved.
  14. Verviedi

VS OP! Lashers OP! They can't get suicide bombed! Higby plz nerf!
  15. Frosty The Pyro

its not recent, I have done this in a biolab ~ a year ago. cleared out a particularly annoying mercy max.
  16. lawn gnome

i stuck C4 onto an enemy engineer once by accident when i was rigging his sundy to blow. i had to wait until he got close enough to the sunderer again before i could trigger them with my rocket. he did not survive the C4 detonating on his shoulder.
    • Up x 1
  17. Booface

I've loved doing this since PS2 came out and my oufit guys accidentally stuck C-4 to a MAX in a biolab and experimented from there.

It works best with EMP grenade spam right after you decloak, maybe throwing down some mines for good measure. If you sprint through a group planting mines, usually someone kills you, but the mines will start a chain reaction once they go off. Because of latency, your C-4 will be several feet behind where your mines planted, so it widens the killzone (with EMP grenades even more so).

Something to keep in mind is that you have to be fast. People might not be able to see you when you crouch and wait, but they can still see the floating C-4 (just like with C-4 Wraith Flashes).

I haven't done it in a while, but the trick used to be placing the C-4 from a certain distance onto the top of the infiltrator's back. Otherwise it would go right through them.