[Suggestion] Use weather as an excuse to let people play without aircraft

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Edmon, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Vendettta

Epic idea bro
  2. innociv

"No fly zone"?

How about just making the visibility bad and having air gusts that make it different? I should still be able to fly, it should just be very difficult.
  3. Millsy

Umm, how about just having a no fly zone?
  4. AUSGrizzly

DAMN IT ALL...
    I was at work and was thinking this up today, didn't have a good way of saying it though. Come on while waiting for Briggs AU to sort its **** out and find this...

There is some Graphical Effects at Higher levels I believe that actually look like Sandstorms too...
  5. r3su

They have stated that a dynamic weather system that effects gameplay will be implemented at some point in the next 13 years. In the meantime if you want a no-fly zone doing something like this might be just as effective:
    • Up x 1
  6. Ace0

The idea isn't bad.
    But I don't think it's a good solution.
    More like a punishment for people who specialize I aircrafts.

I'd say just make weather harder to fly in.
    Big winds, low to no visibility, down drafts and the likes.
    Make it something that affects everybody.

But heck weather system was supposed to be soon after release.
    We had that same excuse in PS1.
    Took forever for them to implement it
  7. MarlboroMan-E

+1 for a no air cont. +2 for a Oshur Battle Islands that are infantry only.

See, it's awesome because you liberator spamming **** can stay on the other conts and spam each other, and dudes that need a break from your liberator spam can go check out Oshur for a while.
  8. TheEvilBlight

Cloud/fog/sandstorms: Perfect excuse to explain away renderside.

"You can't see because...well, you just can't. Here, take this fog."

I suppose fog would make it difficult for people to bulletspam through the fog, especially if you can't see where you're supposed to spam. Unless you memorize the layout of the terrain so throughly before fog kicks in..?
  9. LameFox

On foot, tank, or sky, I will farm infantry. So it has been foretold, and so shall it be done.
  10. Makora

I kinda like this idea, but it has to work both ways then. I can't see you on the ground? Even with IR? Oh then you can't see me in the air, even with IR. BALANCE! It has been achieved. Besides, the looks on everyone's faces when a lib starts to unload all it's guns after sneaking up on a tank column... priceless. Short-lived, but priceless.

As for the OP, I like it. Maybe not remove air vehicles completely but reduce visibility and make it really really hard to keep stable. Some of us have sunk insane number of certs into our libs and ESF's. Outright cutting them out of the game on a continent really would seem like cheating us out of our fun. And though the argument of "go play on other cont" is valid, when you are in an outfit this is not exactly acceptable and fair towards flyboys.
    On the flip-side, Same argument could be made that... due to some nanite greygoo swarm infestation on the ground, nothing but air vehicles are usable on a continent. Sounds insane, doesn't it? But the same logic and reasoning applies. And if so would happen, in a 3 cont system (until they put more in, that's what we have to base everything on) that means that we'd have one no-air, one no-ground and one standard.

Not what I'd call a good outcome, if I am concerned.