us acc in eu?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by eldarfalcongravtank, Dec 23, 2012.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

i am highly interested to know whether my us account would work flawlessly in the eu. right now i am in the us (wisconsin). but during the holidays i am gonna visit my relatives in germany for almost one full month. needless to say i would like to keep playing ps2 on my laptop during that time. how would this work with a us acc? could i login and play without any issues?
  2. Bush82

im in ireland and im pritty sure my account is a us one, i made it before the probsat?? announcement was made for the EU players.

it should work especially if your using the same game client to launch the game
  3. eldarfalcongravtank

thats really good to hear, thank you! the only thing i assume could be a problem is the latency from germany to the us east server my char is tied with, no?
  4. Cedj

Yeah, my account is a US one too. I'm from Europe. You can play on any server regardless of your location.
    About the latency, this game uses client side hit detection. You'll probably be at an advantage playing from Germany, just never stop moving:)
  5. Hashi

I'm from canada and my main account is connected to Miller, there is a difference, but in all honesty it's not enough to warrent you not making an account. You'll find it fun still :)
  6. Veratu SOE

It doesn't matter what kind of account you have, all servers are available to all accounts. However the installers are different (to differentiate account types). So if you go to Europe, make sure if you have a US SOE account you install from the US installer when you are there, otherwise you'll have to manually modify some LaunchPad files to tell it you're a US account if you intend to install and play on a new computer while there.
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

alright so is it enough if i transfer the ps2_setup.exe installer from my current laptop (with which i play now) to a computer there in europe and run that exe in order to install the game? will that give me a "us-based" game/authentication?
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

^ just wanted to know whether my statement above was true

also, i was wondering if customer support could conduct a one-time transfer of my character/account from the us east coast server to a european ingame server. because it looks like i will be staying way longer at my relatives and i dont really want to have high latencies when still being a noob in this game. i know this isnt possible normally but i wouldnt mind playing on european servers when coming back to the us after months
  9. Veratu SOE

Correct, you can technically use any installer, you just have to modify the LaunchPad.ini file if you use the EU one. Be safe, and just use the setup you have on the new machine and you'll be fine.

As for your transfer question, that service isn't available yet but it's being developed. I have no ETA for it though, sorry :(
    • Up x 2
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

thank you very much veratu. you've been a great help. also looking forward to the server transfer ability for characters. wish you a merry christmas