ursa vs T16 rhino vs EM1

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Golconda, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Golconda

hello, I fell in love with high capacity and accurate guns, and I'd like to know which one of these LMGs is the most accurate, even by little, considering all the weapon data not shown in the in-game charts. I spent quite some time dealing with numbers but the result remains a bit unsure o_O

please take into consideration that I'll run EX mags and a compensator where I can.

thanks!
  2. Aloofgoof

The Ursa would be the most accurate of the 3 by a wide margin (relatively speaking), then the T16 rhino which is marginally more accurate than the EM1.

The Ursa has the lowest ADS Cone of Fire Bloom, lowest FSM, and lowest horizontal recoil. It has higher vertical recoil but since it's RPM is lower, controlling for that recoil is much easier as well.

The T16 Rhino has similar stats to EM1 but has a better FSM and less horizontal recoil.

That said, the Ursa is more accurate because it isn't designed for the same type of play as the T16 Rhino and EM1. It is far more comparable to the TR's TMG-50 and the NC's 167 and 200 damage tier LMGs.
    • Up x 3
  3. Golconda

thanks, I'd like to use the tmg 50 but it's lack of ammo makes the gun not suited to the spammy frenzies that occasionally take control over me o_O I think I'm gonna buy the ursa and see how it goes. :)
  4. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Weird tip: Try it with a silencer if you find a quiet spot no one ever looks. :D
    It is a decent gun either way, though.
    • Up x 1
  5. KritzcakeInAnimeland

Ursa, the natural long-ranged LMG, is the most accurate of all 3. After Ursa is Rhino which is the most versatile of all 3, and then it's EM1. Be careful with EM1 though as you will have to deal with really high vertical recoil.
    In my opinion, if you want a high capacity, accurate LMG for the VS, it is VX29 Polaris.
  6. ATRA_Wampa-One

You really should be comparing the Rhino, EM1, and Polaris since those three guns are 143/652.

That being said, the Ursa hands down for reasons already stated.
  7. Corvus Corax

The bull does the rhino's job but better. Far better.
    • Up x 2
  8. LibertyRevolution

I run my Rhino with extended mag and a silencer.

Rhino is a poor mans MCG, people use it for its 200 round mag, not as a long range riffle.
  9. Golconda

actually I bought the ursa but I feel really way more confortable with the rhino, can't say exactly why but it feels way more accurate too, probably just because I'm more used to TR optics maybe o_O
  10. Corvus Corax

uhhhhhhhh what? It has 150 less rpm, why would people use it as mcg replacement
  11. LibertyRevolution

Because you can spray 200 rounds before reload and it only cost 250 certs.
  12. Corvus Corax

seems cof and accuracy would be too different for it to be an effective stand-in. I mean if you're in a situation where you need all 200 rounds I guess but most of the time an engagement will not last that long, so...
  13. LibertyRevolution

I can lock down a doorway with a rhino w/ extended mag in the same way I do with a MCG with extended mag.
    Yes it is not a MGC, no you cannot hold mouse 1 and tower stomp like a MCG, but it gives you close suppression fire to a MCG.
  14. Corvus Corax

huh. I'll have to try it some time. personally would still just use a shotgun but maybe this has a niche.
  15. Eternaloptimist

With the advanced forward grip the Rhino has surprisingly good accuracy at longer ranges. I like the EM1 but find it is only much good for me in CQC. I haven't tried the Ursa yet but I am interested now, after reading this post (also the Polaris)
  16. MiniSentrygun

EM1 isn't really accurate at all, It's just a 100 mag lmg with fast reload which is mainly useful for spamming bullets down the chokepoint.
  17. Saool

On paper the Ursa is a good LMG. In practice I think it's awful. I've probably just not got the hand of it yet, but it feels less accurate than an Orion/Battlegoose.
  18. Golconda

ok I got rid of the compensator and the gun seems actually better o_O but I still prefer the rhino.

all the 3 guns are good but I'm finding myself losing a lot of 1 vs 1 bacause of poor hipfire accuracy :p so I think I'll sacrifice a bit of ADS accuracy in favor of a better hipfire starting CoF.
    right now I'm using the lasher and it performs surprisingly good hipfiring everything until like 20 meters, it's like I cant lose any 1 vs 1 anymore lol. only problem are those max flankd armor full shielded HAs.

anyway, lasher has an amazing hipfire starting CoF but you really feel how bad is its ttk and bullet speed when you can't use AoE on your target (mostly because it is on higher ground).
    so, which LMG with high capacity (150/200 ammo) has the best starting hipfire CoF? considering all 3 empires xD
  19. Aloofgoof

The reason you are losing those 1 v 1 situations is primarily because LMGs in general have terrible hipfire CoF. You shouldn't even be hipfiring past about 5-10m and really only if you are caught off guard. You should focus on ADSing if you want to improve as a Heavy.

If you just have to hipfire than the t32 bull and the NS-15M2 are tied for the tightest hipfire CoF, followed by the orion and then the gd-22s, la1 anchor, and the msw-r together. Following those three closely is the VX29 Polaris which is the only high capacity LMG with a decent starting CoF. These are ordered without taking into account the use of laser sights since you asked about starting CoF.
    • Up x 1
  20. nehylen

That's because 167 tier LMGs VS-side got their horizontal recoil screwed up for some reason, and 750rpm probably allows to compensate a lower accuracy somewhat (TR principles at work!).
    Given its low damage model the Ursa should've had base Hrecoil between 0.15 and 0.175 (like Corvus and SABR). 167 tier NC/TR LMGs got theirs at .175, Flare got 0.200 (same as 143 tier) and Ursa got 0.182.

All those LMGs in the title are second-tier accuracy. The competitors for most accurate LMG are neither, but Bull, NS-15M and GD-22S. Those in the title, and Polaris, are desirable for being accurate-ish and having lots of ammo with a large clipsize.

If the OP wants that and something that doesn't completely spray over when hipfiring, the Polaris with an advanced laser sight is most probably the better option.
    100 in clip is plenty, especially with lower damage models like 652/143, no need for extended mag there.