[Vehicle] Upside down op plz nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LegendarySalmonSnake, Sep 20, 2016.

1. LegendarySalmonSnake

So as long as I can remember in fps games if you flip any vehicle upside down it starts to take damage at a fast rate until flipped or dead. I was wondering and haven't thought about it that much but what does this mechanic bring to planetside besides stopping tanks etc from purposely flipping to shoot trough terrain? Too often my galaxies which are supposed to be durable get instagibbed because I slightly scratched a tree with my tail which would have been fine had I not been tilted more than 90 degrees. Then there's the sunderers that are fine going a little bit sideways until you hit that magical 90 degrees and start taking unreasonable damage. I feel that a better mechanic would shutting down the engine and weapons after enough time has passed with the vehicle flipped and to fix this you'd have to flip the **** back and either wait for the vehicle to "reboot" or have an engy do some **** to it idk.

This is just something I thought about and I'm writing it here now because I'm bored. Not sure if 90 degrees tilt is the right amount but you know what I mean. Also if vanguard is getting a railgun and the browler a quadcannon in 2020 then I want a close range sparkly plasmathrower for my swagrider. Also es lib belly guns. VS gets a continuous particle beam (ME3) with (important) appropriate sounds. NC gets a cruise missile similar to phoenix that fires forward and can be shot down with enough fire. And something for TR (no ideas, not even ****** ones).

So here punch of **** that you may or may not agree with. That will never get implemented either way. Again you are reading this because I'm bored and apparently so are you. ******* nerd.
    • Up x 1
  2. MajiinBuu

I'd say that you need to learn to drive, but I myself have flipped an embarrassing amount of vehicles. Especially on hills.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lemposs

I am fairly sure it is a mechanic to get rid of vehicles that are immobilized.
  4. LaughingDead

Frankly they should just fix the god damn flipping. A tanks weight is at it's base, but the game thinks it's right in the center, making it flip if the center of gravity hits a small pebble. Its stupid.
  5. SoljVS

They should just remove it and put a halo style flip vehicle mechanic in lol.
    • Up x 2
  6. LegendarySalmonSnake

Oh I got it! TR gets a loud, obnoxious propaganda spewing loudspeakers as their lib ES bellygun. Buffs and debuffs ally and enemy DR and ACC respectfully. Multiple loudspeakers combine to make a louder sound that drowns out ingame voice comms. Perfect right?
  7. AllRoundGoodGuy

Or the tr could get a massive dakka dakka chain gun. 1-2k rpm, 500 bullets in a mag.....
    • Up x 1
  8. LegendarySalmonSnake

...and explosive rounds akin to banshee...
    • Up x 1
  9. Exitus Acta Probat

Any aircraft that clips a ******* tree should crash, I don't give a damn how "durable" you think its supposed to be.
  10. LegendarySalmonSnake

Yeah getting flipped and then crashing when you lose control is fine by me. But assuming that you understood my post you are saying that all air vehicles should instantly vaporize at the slightest touch of a tree or another object.
  11. strid3r478

yeah this feature is just idiotic, they should remove it since there is timer, if you leave your vehicle, it will despawn ,if you spawn new one, old one will despawn, unnecessary cancer .
    • Up x 1
  12. Diggsano

I hope that is sarcastic....what happens if there are nearly infinite Vehicle which do not despawn? LAGS and alot of LAAAAAAAGS
  13. strid3r478

What? o_O i do not understand your question or whatever you trying to say. please ask someone help you in English because you make no sense now .
  14. Pikachu

The previous big developer guy whatever his name was said it's there to get rid of useless vehicles that eats performance. As if the timer we already have isn't enough. It's an idiotic mechanic. Worst is that the flash used to have the ability to turn itself back up for a month or 2 back in 2013 but that was stealth removed.
    • Up x 1
  15. strid3r478

Dude read my previous message that "diggsano" quoted.
  16. SpectralAndroid

dude you have the largest f*cking signature ever holy ****...
  17. Moridin6

Maggy pops like a balloon if you even come close to landing on your top lol
    • Up x 1
  18. strid3r478

My message
    Your reply to it
    Are you ******** ? because your message is irrelevant to my post that you quoted, If it would be near infinite vehicles that will not despawn then it wouldn't matter if it flipped one or just abandoned one .
    • Up x 1
  19. TrolKabu

Always found that a 180° flip with a ligthning at full speed on a harasser carcass on a perfectly flat frozen lake was 100% legit. /s /truestory.
    • Up x 1
  20. Demigan

Back on topic, as half the people don't even seem to know what the thread is about.

This has nothing to do with driving skills, but game mechanics. As a game mechanic the practically insta-kill of your vehicle has it's merits on removing vehicles from the game... However, it doesn't have to be there.
    As suggested by the OP, if you have the option to flip your vehicle back up then there's no need for your vehicle to get removed. You can still deal a low amount of damage that kills the vehicle in about a minute or so, which is faster than most methods to remove the vehicle. Allow the players to flip the vehicle back slowly.
    The OP has even thought of exploits like shooting through the environment while your turret clips through the terrain: Your engine and weapons stop functioning when you are more than 90 degrees tilted.

Basically this guy comes up with an idea that takes all the angles and possibilities then makes a nicely balanced alternative for the current situation, and people mostly react to his mentioning of a Galaxy.
    • Up x 2