[Suggestion] Upgraded Lightning AA Systems

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColonelChingles, May 9, 2014.

1. ColonelChingles

To date I still haven't figured out how to put textures on stuff. :( But on the flip side I did realize that I was working with a severely outdated version of Blender!
  2. Arkenbrien

Dude, get 2.71!
  3. ColonelChingles

I did, after wondering why in the Youtube tutorials I couldn't find anything where they were saying it should be, and there were whole features that I couldn't use. :p
  4. Arkenbrien

What version were you running? :eek:
  5. ColonelChingles

I don't remember exactly, but it was the version where they were doing everything in horizontal rather than vertical bars. So I would guess 1.8 or earlier?
  6. Arkenbrien

[IMG]
  7. Cuban

You have some great ideas good sir.
    • Up x 1
  8. Lamat

Need this magnum titan cannon for Vanguard! It should one-shot lightnings and two-shot MBTs. :p
  9. LtSqueak

Since this got necro'd I'll go ahead and reply with some ideas.
    first i really like the shredder idea, but yeah, it would need to be toned down slightly or it would be an infantry wrecking ball.
    As for ideas that I have:

1. increase the lightening's top armor and reduce all other armor when the skyguard is equipped. Make a decimator set it on fire from the back, but let it tank like 150% of the damage it currently does from above.
    2. increase the vertical travel of the skyguard to include a -2 degree traverse but lower the damage against armor and infantry, so that it can sort of protect itself if a couple of infantry come after it. it wouldn't help much against a swarm but it would defend against 1-2 guys
    3. possibly a slight decrease in the top armor to the MBT's and all other lightening chassis. I say possibly because I don't drive or fly enough to know the TTK from the top currently. It really may be fine as is.

Just some thoughts to increase the combined arms aspect of the game. Granted, i could already see this making zergs OP as hell, but it's just an idea.
    • Up x 2
  10. lawn gnome

the skyguard can already aim down. i regularly use it and my proxy radar to hunt infantry of all flavors.
  11. ColonelChingles

Yea, I think it would be a really good idea if vehicle characteristics and price could be affected by what weapon they're using.

1) HE tanks could be priced to be more expensive, which would hopefully reduce HE tank spam.
    2) A2G ESFs could be slower and less maneuverable, which would steer them towards their A2A role.
    3) AP tanks could be made to resist vehicle-based damage more, but be more vulnerable to infantry AT.
    4) Galaxies without Bulldogs could travel at higher top speeds as well as hover better.

Opening up vehicles to this would create many new opportunities to balance things. As it currently is some vehicles (like the Sunderer) simply have too many roles that are a bit contradictory.
  12. Yuukikun

Please tell us how the skyguard is amazing with your 2800 kills with it in 300 hours.
    You have more kills per hour with the LASHER, which is a SUPPORT weapon than you have with the SKYGUARD which is a DEDICATED ANTI-AIR weapon.

And nope, your infantry play gives you more than twice the score per minute than your skyguard's
  13. LtSqueak

I stand corrected then. Like I said, I don't drive them enough to know. I'm typically just a dedicated bus driver with the occasional space whale pilot.
  14. z1967

To be fair, 2800 kills with the Skyguard is fairly impressive if all those are air kills and not infantry farming.
  15. Yuukikun

in 300 hours? Nope. Also he only has about half this amount of vehicle kills. So about half of them if not more are infantry kills, considering alot of times people just bail of their ESFs.

PS: About your signature, trust me the trac5 burst is a real weapon. Try to aurax the vs pistols and you'll know what i mean.
  16. lawn gnome

actually i am one of the few skyguards who takes the time to kill liberators so i regularly get multi kills, i also hunt and kill tanks of all flavors when the notion takes me. yes i do hunt infantry on a regular basis and i have never made any effort to hide that fact.

also i don't know where you learned math but 1,987 is not half of 3,003, although these numbers have been skewed recently with my efforts to aurax the viper for the lightning directive.
  17. Thornefear

I love this thread. And I REALLY love this post.
  18. iller

Normalize the Tank-Buster max magazine size .... then my Skyguard won't be so afraid of Libs.
    I don't need 5 different Ganking missiles to deal with Libs. I just need my tank to not be 1-clipped so easily.

Also: Give us snipers & battle rifle users some goddamned light armor AP ammo finally so we can deal with ESFs and MAXes better b/c those are still the Top #1 gotos for AA and if theres actually some "skillful" counterplay against them, then you'll start to see people run Lightnings instead just so they won't be annoyed by us pesky Snipers. Say it with me now: COUNTERPLAY. It's what makes PVP flow.

I'm serious here too about ESF / MAX, that's what I've been pulling a lot more frequently myself, and I'm running 4-1 KDR's / 15,000 SPH rate on that bull **** with hardly any real experience on them. It's too easy bro. Like, only 10% of the people on the server even know how to deal with a dedicated MAX or ESF platform. Tanking is a dead art right now and I only run tanks for my Outfit leader like once a week just for the nostalgia of it. ....And then I kinda limp away with a 1.0 KDR / 7500 SPH doing it. o_O
  19. Fry_Poncho

Man, keep pumping these out, I would love to use all of them.
    • Up x 1
  20. ColonelChingles

Some empire-specific variants I've been working on...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

These are meant to be "heavy" AAA, acting as slow-firing but high-velocity and heavy-damage weapons which are more effective against Liberators and Galaxies while being less effective against ESFs and Valkyries (relative to faster-firing AA).
    • Up x 2