Upgraded Composite Armor

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Astraka, May 29, 2013.

1. Heyitsrobbie1984

camo would be perfect for night operations to counter the vanu in the night fighting department

i cant wait to see what they come out with for the NC and the vanu. hope they cover the glow on the NC infiltrators
  2. Hoki

Testing has shown that armor and helmets disappear at a distance depending on graphics settings.
    For helmets, when they disappear they are replaced with the default helmet, only without camo.

So if you want camo to stay on at a distance don't wear a helmet.
  3. Plague Rat

Now, are the actually releasing new armors or is this just an update to the current TR composit? Because to me, other than the breastplate and the belt, the shoulder/kneepads/ankle brace things look pretty identical to what is already in game.

At first glance I thought this was a revamp of the current rather than a new series, especially given the disparity when you compare the TR's current composit to that of NC and VS.
  4. Astraka

It isn't so much a problem with me wearing camo, more my enemies. Even then it isn't a huge issue. I just preferred it back when it was obvious at a glance what Empire each character was from. This isn't to say that I would like to see camo stripped from the game, I just don't like how it almost completely removes the faction color from the model on some of the classes for the NC & VS.

I think (hope) it is going to be a revamp. After all the in-file description is Armor_TR_Male_Stealth_Look001Upgrade03. Though honestly I think it looks completely different from the current model in my opinion. I'll have to screenshot my Infiltrator in the exact same position as the new one with the current Composite Armor on so everyone can accurately compare, but I can tell already that the chest, legs, feet, & codpiece are different from what we've got at the moment. The shoulders look the same, but I hope that is simply because they are clipping through the model and looking inadvertently smaller than they should be.
  5. Astraka

Got another look at the new TR Infiltrator armor thanks to Redditor krailyx25! Can you say teenage mutant ninja turtle?

All jokes aside the backpack looks a bit strange, but overall I'm extremely pleased and excited to get my hands on it. Still doesn't say whether or not this is a new armor or an upgrade to our current look, but the wildly different backpack points to upgrade I think - I don't even see the slightest sign of the old pack on that model.

[IMG]

Join the discussion on Reddit if you like; New TR Infiltrator Armor.
    • Up x 1
  6. krailyx

In addition to my pic of the Male armor, here is the Female version.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. Camatoo

a bigger baggage than the medic^^ but your head is now realy dark. So headshot would be more difficult. I hope NC loks a little rusty or with scratches all over. Its to clean at the moment.

And at all the Stormtrooper or Commander helmet: please, take of this helmet...it looks ridiculous.
  8. Regh

Beautiful! nice work guys...
    (hoping this is a revamp of the current composite)
  9. Badname0192

What's with the stupid lights on the hips? BIG BULKY BACK PACK! BIG ORANGE LIGHTS ON HIPS! WE ARE THE TR/WE ARE THE TACKY FACTION!

Do the orange lights flash? Does the backpack hold any snacks or something? It's huge and horrible. Can we add a fanny pack to go along with this monster?

Glad I don't play gim-p all that much anymore..ugh!
  10. krailyx

What would be ideal for this new armor is to remove the back pack (Or atleast give the male the female pack as its much better imo), remove the lights on the waist and put something else in their place, and keep the rest as the knees, feet, chest, and shoulders look pretty good.
  11. Astraka

I'm not sure why they insist on giving Infiltrators a goofy backpack anyway, honestly. I mean it isn't as if the Infiltrator carries a lot more equipment than the other classes.
  12. Astraka

Bad new boys & girls. Those orange orbs are most definitely lights, and they aren't the only lights either. Check it out.

• Up x 3
  13. Amouris

Those lights are so bad, anyone who buys/equips this thing is going to get chewed up and spit out.
    • Up x 1
  14. Get2dachoppa

Might as well just equip a flashlight to your sniper rifle while you're wearing that armor to complete the look.

I love how the Infiltrator community has been asking for less lights on our uniforms in the Roadmap thread, and what does SOE give us? More lights. /facepalm
    • Up x 1
  15. Heyitsrobbie1984

For god sakes first its the NC inf to have a glowing thing on them and now the TR get them????

What is wrong with the artists these days? dont they understand that infiltrators are not supposed to have lights???

its the infiltrators job to hack and infiltrate bases, not glow like a freaking christmas tree

nice job SOE
  16. Scan

Awesome! We are finally getting our jetpacks!!
    • Up x 1
  17. A 59 c

Lol yes I got totally owned
    • Up x 1
  18. disky00

THERE ARE MORE LIGHTS!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. A 59 c

SOE, please get rid of the lights and I'll buy it
  20. DeathSparx

Firstly, I bet that backpack is a giant battery pack to power the lights that scream "SHOOT ME!!!".
    Secondly, I hope they make it so that decals can show up on the shoulder pads because I'm one of those people that likes displaying my rank on my shoulder.
    • Up x 1