UPGRADE NOW!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UberBonisseur

2. Regpuppy

Well, that's... not intrusive. Not at all.
    • Up x 18
  3. HadesR

:eek:

That's sad on so many level's ..

Next we will have homeless NPC's outside every base with " Upgrade : Please feed me " signs and begging bowls.

But on the same note they have discontinued SMS payments .. One hand is asking for money while the other is making sure they get less ( from myself at least ).
    • Up x 31
  4. Pikachu

Do it! Upgrade! Why havnt you upgraded yet?! :mad:
    • Up x 6
  5. DJPenguin

Where's the checkbox that lets me disable the advertising cause i already put $100+ into the game?
    • Up x 28
  6. HadesR

• Up x 4
  7. JudgeNu

I am OK with this if I can shoot them.
    • Up x 3
  8. FateJH

Is it possible to get membership but turn off the passive benefits of being a member? That's really the main issue I have with the concept.

At least, don't drop the reminder button so close to the resupply button.
  9. JudgeDeath

:cool: Glorious Premium users :cool:

[IMG]
    • Up x 11
  10. Torok

They could have atleast waited for April, once they get the "New SOE all access plan" :eek:
  11. Cirevam

I know SOE needs money but the placement and frequency of this ad (twice on the My Profile page!) is unprofessional and reeks of the tactics used in mobile games. Placing large, garishly designed buttons right next to other frequently-used buttons so people accidentally click on the membership button? Big thanks to all of SOE's marketing guys. /s

Yeah, screw marketing. It's not the developers that are at fault here, or at least I don't think they are.
    • Up x 4
  12. Nitrobudyn

[IMG]
    • Up x 10
  13. Aesir

I understand that SOE needs to make money ... and I would understand things similar to the old PS1 Sanctuary signs in the Warpgate bases. Loading screen, login screen, death screen (in place of some of the abundant stat data, showing you how much you would have earned using sub) ads I'm also fine.

But this I think is going overboard ...
    • Up x 2
  14. ADUILO

Members only 2×XP weekeneds, huge ads everywhere...

SOE is really getting desperate. I wonder what's next.
    • Up x 7
  15. Aesir

You know, if they were really desperate, they could probably make fortune if they would just listen to the community on the "official" forums. Reigniting a lot of the burned out "hope" that they might deliver an awesome game ...

That believe that we might actually get somewhere with this otherwise impressive feat on a technical side, is very crude and poor on the mechanics side, things that could and should have been sorted out prior to launch. I really would like to see what the initial concept of the PS Next team was several years ago ...

As for now it's only a good game plagued by bugs ... with lot's and lot's of unused potential.
    • Up x 7
  16. HandofWinter

If I could get something worthwhile out of it I'd happily put $20-$30 towards the game now, and knowing me probably more later. You just don't really get anything for your money though, so it's not worthwhile. $20 would get me just under 4 infantry guns, and I'm not even sure if I'd really want them. If it was maybe $1.50 per gun then I'd have spent that much already. Maybe if SOE thinks about their pricing a bit they'd have more income.

I did the math a few weeks back, and the full game is a bit over $1500 or around $650 for a full faction. It's about half that if you don't ignore cosmetics. I'm used to paying $40 or so for a game, so a 3750% markup over that is a bit hard to take. :D
    • Up x 3
  17. gigastar

Well. ****.

On the stats page i could understand, but on all the loadout screens? Im going to have to see that every time i want to pull a tank or change classes?
    • Up x 1
  18. Stromberg

• Up x 6
  19. UberBonisseur

NOW!
  20. AltF4Fun

Are these advertisements still there for membership players?Or do they get removed after you sub?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.