Updated activity and ESRL stats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CupBoy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Fenrys

The Phoenix vehicle kills per hour being a little higher could be from deployed AMS's that got blown up from behind cover.
  2. Vixxing

YAY! You should be happy then! we got mobile Lancers for our MAX units! While NC got mobile DUAL AV TURRETS! (if you wherent idiots you WOULD already use AV turrets and throw away the ridicolous Glancers) I solokill a heavy tank with AV in 20 seconds while the same TTK with a Glancer would be like 45s (if it dont shoot back and stands absoloutely still) 10 Glancers could instakill it if all hits but so could 3 Av turrets... (and they could 1 shot kill all infantery got unlimitet ammo and cover!)
  3. CupBoy

You're welcome. I've been meaning to do some activity stats that use actual play time since that should more accurately match reality. So, yes, they'll be coming soon(-ish).
  4. sigur

Thanks for the amazong work! Would it be possible to have some "fresh" data about server activity and server distribution?
  5. CupBoy

Yes, I actually just pulled some fresh activity data yesterday. Probably won't have time to update it until tomorrow, though.
  6. St0mpy

awesome, thanks for all the effort put in there.
  7. Rown

Just to add some perspective, could you post also similar data about some common pool weapons, like bursters, basilisks, or furys mounted on Sunderers, Lightning weapons, or similar? May be useful to determine if one side get more score for reasons other than the weapon itself, or how far statistic anomalies can reach.
    • Up x 1
  8. CupBoy

You can see data for (almost) all weapons on the "Weapons" tab. For the most part, the common pool weapons perform similarly, within 5-10% of each other so that's the margin I would use. Note that some of the vehicle weapons see very little use so the variance will be larger for those.
  9. Scientiarum

Any chance of adding common pool pistol statistics to the weapon statistics list? Thanks. Want to know if I should get the manticore SX40 or one of the NS pistols.
  10. CupBoy

Yes, as soon as there's enough data. They haven't been used enough yet to be able to calculate anything useful.

Edit: From the very little data I have, it looks like the Manticore beats both of the new pistols.
  11. Scientiarum

I suspected as much XD I will wait for more data though I think.
  12. CupBoy

A few updates:

Added MBT primary weapons to the "Kills/hr" tab. Prowler HE gets almost twice as many kills/hr as the Vanguard HE :-(
    Added a "Vehicle kills/hr" tab with similar charts as those for kills/hr and score/hr.
    Added the new pistols to the "Kills/hr" pistol chart. There's still not a lot of data for those, however.
    Added a new "Play time" tab that shows activity based on avg. daily play time instead of "active" characters.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E
    • Up x 3
  13. MGP

Lol, the Striker sucks major balls.
    • Up x 1
  14. Rown

Thanks for the heads up. It's very curious how little differences are between score/hour with lightning weapons between factions, but how different is the data for weapons mounted on Sunderers. And how much better the Halberd performs on the Magrider compared to the other two tanks.

Generally I'd agree with you that variations lesser than 10% shouldn't be used to judge wether a weapon is better of worse. That seems to be the range where statistical anomalies kick in.
  15. PhilDun

Score/hour is boosted by a faction's underpopulation. Thus, even though Lancer may have equal score/hour to the other two (roughly), you have to keep in mind that on the most populated server the VS are typically playing at a severe population disadvantage and are consequently getting a major xp/score boost.
    • Up x 1
  16. PhilDun

Also, Phoenix missiles are currently bugged. They don't render, and when they DO render they do so nowhere near where they actually are. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Phoenix missiles fly 100 feet above me, only to hit my tank 0.001 seconds later.
  17. CupBoy

Which is why we can/should also look at kills/hr and vehicle kills/hr when judging weapon performance.
    • Up x 2
  18. PhilDun

Well, that's not exactly the best metric either. Lancer may have a decent amount of vehicle kills, but that's mainly because players use the Lancer to "last-hit" vehicles. It doesn't change the fact that, on it's own, Lancer is a garbage weapon.

I gave it a shot for several hours, but have since returned to using the AV Turret.
  19. CupBoy

Ok, seems like your mind is made up. Have a nice day.
    • Up x 1
  20. Chipay

It's indeed because of the clip size,
    as a lancer user, i generally just fire 2 shots (minimum for assist money) at a tank and then start shooting other tanks.
    I suppose this is what many TR do too.