Updated activity and ESRL stats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CupBoy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. NightmareP69

Lancer still has a damage degradation, after the 400m mark it basicly does no damage.
    You're allready talking about nerfing the Lancer while bearly anyone uses it and while the phoenix is still raining supreme. Just leave the Lancer alone. You don't need to constantly nerf everything the VS have every bloody day, no wonder why people are quiting the game or switching sides constantly when you have people in the community who want to nerf everything into the ground untill it becomes useless.
  2. CupBoy

I know! But then again, reality has a well known bias towards "calm the f- down".
    • Up x 1
  3. St0mpy

Wow, just wow

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=43

Click on avg kills per hour twice so it lists greatest downward and now you can see how bad the claymore is compared to the other mines.

For sanity look at C4 which is the same on all classes, the figures are almost identical, compared to the mines which are far from it. All we need now is a stat to tell us which side gets more points for blowing up mines they spot, im gonna put my money on more clays being seen than any other.
  4. Vixxing

Theres no coincidence 700 ppl use Glancer and 2k+ use the other Launchers
    Striker= if you dont kill it you scare it away...
    Phoenix = you kill it!!!
    Lancer= you draw fire and have no real chance to do any damage anyway...
    Theres no defence against the Glancer... Right: 1. its dark 50% of the time witch auto-nerfs the Glancers efficency by 75% 2. With a striker you can lock on through thick smoke and trees, foliage etc... you dont have a clue at what your aiming, but you will still kill it...
    "for some reason not many ppl use the Glancer" gimme a break...
  5. HadesR

Yeah it is easier to be spotted ..

Interesting stat's. And I'm sure will cause many a debate .. Interesting that Gauss/orion/Carv are pretty even while the EM6 totally out performs all 3
  6. Siveon

The Lancer is fine, I've grown quite fond of it my self, the only thing is you need to rely on correct positioning and distance more than the others.

In fact if you grab a flash and go around the tank zerg you can a few of them, bring a friend with you(Eng. or another HA Lancer) and its pure devastation.

The problem is that most players don't bother to do anything else other than ram the enemies straight in the face and that achieves nothing. The Lancer requires more of an Infiltrator/Sniping approach to be used to its fullest potential.
  7. Vixxing

So you basically saying: Since we got a sub-par launcher compared to other factions we need to buy Flashes and flank them guerilla style? and in pairs? No thanks i rather change faction so i get weapons thats useful... (as did 10-15% others)
  8. CupBoy

Interesting assertion. How did you come to that number? Nice to see a Vanu complain about darkness, btw.

People are not changing factions because of a rocket launcher. And if you'd bother to check the stats, you'd see that the Lancer performs about as well as the Striker.
  9. Vixxing

Well how good is a "sniper-rifle" without scope in the dark? And yes check the stats there you will see that there is a 3:1 ratio between how much the Lancer is used compared to other launchers... And they arent? I changed faction and so did 40% of my old outfit and no im not VS anymore....
  10. Zan_Aus

The Lancer is a beast now with its fixes, however, it does take a while to learn how to use it to its full potential. It is by far the most versatile of the launchers but is weak against air (bit of a tradeoff, I still swap to my lockon to deal with air).

I have more fun and get more kills with my Lancer now than I did with my lockon. Don't listen to the whiners, they just don't want to learn how to use it or trialed it back when it was broken and base their QQ on the old Lancer. In real practical battlefield application the Lancer can do things no other launcher can.
  11. Badname82

Max weapons are interesting to view as well. Same with tank weapons.

Default LMGs are junk. Anyone not overcome with factional bias have always known that. Bull and EM6 are highlights to check out.

And yeah ESRL vehicle kills are very matched.
  12. Copasetic

It has no degradation until 300m and only loses 25% of its damage at 500m. That's hardly "no damage". But I guess when people make stuff up to make the Lancer look worse than it is it's pretty easy to feel like any nerf is completely unjustified.

[IMG]

Either way it was just a suggestion and I still haven't seen enough people using it on the live server to have a real opinion on whether it needs changes.
  13. CupBoy

Yes, the Lancer isn't used much. So? How does that lead to a "75% auto nerf because darkness"?

Look, it's great that you want to take part in the discussion but please bring something other than your own personal experience.
  14. Vixxing

Guess what? You WONT see much of it on any server simply because its garbage... and you try hitting a tank on 500 m with no optics in complete darkness... if u pull off an incredible shot like that u take a tank down to 85% health and light up like a lighthouse...
  15. Vixxing

The better a product is, the more ppl buy it and use it... THAT is a simple truth behind all statistics, if ppl dont buy and use it there is only one valid explanation: Its garbage...
  16. CupBoy

Maybe you're just bad? The other VS that are using it seem to be doing fine now.
  17. Vixxing

Well why is it used 1/3 as often as other faction launchers? Cause 2/3 of VS are retar ded or because it sucks?
  18. CupBoy

It definitely used to suck, which probably affected its adoption in the beginning. But if you'd take a step back and actually look at the recent numbers, you'd see that it's not doing so bad today.
  19. Vixxing

If YOU check your own stats you will see that 700 vanu used the launcher, 1600 TR and 1800 NC thats the only statistic thats really tells them apart... Why? Because it USED to suck or because its just useless? Dont be an idiot if it was a realistic option it would be used...
  20. CupBoy

Yet it scores the same amount of xp and kills as the Striker?