Updated activity and ESRL stats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CupBoy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Mrasap

You are aware that these numbers are skewed due to a shift in fourth faction and underpopulation xp reward?

Thanks for the data CupBoy, appreciate it!
  2. Purg

In a few hours I've managed to kill 70 vehicles with it - none of them were purposely last hit and quite a number of them were solo MBT's.

The AV turret is probably a better AV weapon than any rocket launcher in game but that doesn't make the Lancer crap. It's the one weapon I wish I had on my NC main.
  3. Ketobor

First of all, thanks for your continued work.

Secondly, it is interesting to see TR play time averages so closely to even. It is really just a NC/VS dichotomy right now (on average). I also find it striking that there are 0 servers where Vanu has the most players and 0 servers where NC has the least players.
    If you ever find you want to add more, Play time by Server would be interesting.

It is a shame that there is no baseline score per hour that exists, something before multipliers, but such if life. It is often very difficult to determine the cause of these statistics (i.e. is a rocket launcher too good or is it shooting at easy targets. Is this gun successful because the enemies are outnumbering a faction and throwing away their lives, or because it is just generally too good), but I believe that further investigation of the statistics -by in large- helps clarify most of these questions.

It still baffles me how these scores are so low on average though.
  4. Myka

Do you have numbers for the new MAX weapons?
  5. Kiten

Thank you for all your hard work. This data set breakdown is as interesting as ever.

I'm very curious to see what numbers the next "active characters" update will show us, if I am to be honest with myself.
  6. CupBoy

I actually just threw out the "Active characters" page and made a new and much simpler "Activity" tab that just shows the number of characters that logged in or were created the past 7 days. The old activity graphs were only really reliable for determining faction balance (when is a character "active" anyway?). This new page does that too but does it in a much simpler way.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=70
  7. loleator

As an experienced player I would trade my Striker for the Phoenix or even better the Lancer any day of the week. Numbers are made out of any average player and they might show that. Truth is, against an experienced pilot or driver, even if you're "experienced" with lock ons (lol) you will still get zero kills.

I started an VS character and trialed the Lancer. In 30 minutes I killed more tanks and ESF's that I have since I bought the striker. God why did I choose TR...
  8. CupBoy

The grass is always greener...

Flying over TR territory/forces is no fun anymore. You might not get as many kills but it's a great deterrence.
    • Up x 1