Update Regarding In-Game Advertising

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 28, 2014.

1. XTCAndy

I was a DC Online player (CR 82, PVP 89, gadgets hero) and I got the All Access and yes for me it was completely worth it. I will keep it next year and yes I know the price will go up 20 bucks or so, but since I have found I love Planetside 2 and DC Online it is now worth it for me. I use to play EQ 10+ years ago, (bard 46 level) and I tried EQ 2. It has better graphics and perhaps there is something but once I saw EQ Next I thought Wow EQ2 is a no go for me. I personally thought playing EQ was better honestly, but from what EQ next demonstrates it will be be awesome!

After playing planetside and I read some of the negative things like the Chocolate Helicopter wrote and all I would say in response is: Where do you buy your crack? Your ******** about pricing right? I have bought stuff and was very picking about it. I appreciate they have a daily/member sale though often it wasn't something I necessarily would buy. I bought a Nebula for the Max and had already bought at full price (for me 630 SC) and I found it is worth it. I kept hearing Blueshift. Really, actually the Nebula rocks as mostly I found myself clearing rooms with the max. I do like the Vortex too, as it is (along with many of the great VS weapons) really long range potential, but of course how you aim and use the charge mechanic depends on how useful you are with the weapon.

I wish the VS MAX had the AV weapon with more than 2 base ammo. No attachment allows me to increase this. Which I think is a good weapon I could potentially use when I find vehicles very close and thus don't need the vortex. In such a close fight you'll find the Vortex is lacking unless your fast with clicking and aiming good. Yet, the Max to be truly fun you really do need to buy weapons for it, as it makes playing one such much more fun. Sure you can slowly save CR but it is a very situational character class and set of weapons. I found my MAX purchases all well spent. I appreciated the bundle for it too. I did buy some bundles but found others are things I really don't want. It boils down to you and what you really want ultimately on your vehicle or use.

I found I LOVE the PPA for VS and thus instead of the much more expensive 'laser' mount the PPA is the way to go. That is how this game really is. Some weapons are 250 and well worth it, better often than a more expensive weapon and other weapons are more expensive and very well worth it. I love love love love my Lasher for example, and wanted the URSA but bought a Flare and for the slight, and I mean very slight, upgrade in long range accuracy it might offer (extending the effective range out about 30 meters) I love the suppression aspect of the lasher. It does scream "Hey I"m here". So the Flare (or if I did get the URSA) would be better to stick a Flash Supressor on it (maybe a supressor but I use the flash suppressor) to stay relatively hidden and knowing it is a medium range weapon. The Orion on the other hand (or Polaris) is great for close range and room fighting. I then have a close, a medium and a long range option. If I want to open up with the lasher I know the enemy will know where I am and approach it needed. Yet, if I played TR for example, I feel half the point (other than they have the cool RED thing going on) is to use their faction specific weapons. I think their standard Pistol and LMG rocks and are very accurate. I really really liked their weapons.

As far as the game store is concerned. If you have played these games you realize you live in a capitalist set of nations that love holidays. When will the next sale be? When is the next holiday? Keep in mind that you could be doing something else in life, like going outside, so online games often do that so you commit to playing rather than, say take a day to go to the lake.

The best approach is this: Get some Station Cash and as All Access or normal member you get 500 per month. Use it and better yet save it for like 2 or 3 months. You'll find if you keep it (and that will be hard for some of you out there to do) and wait till something pops up and then snag it.

Yet, I thought about getting the Hunter QCX and it was just on sale June 15 and I know that on July 5, there is no real chance it will come back around anytime soon unless they cycle quickly (which they really don't). Since I know the weapon has up sides and down sides and I'm going to buy with SC (since I get it as a discount) it probably will be ok. I don't regret the other items I bought. I know there is that chance. For example, I am debating getting the VX-6 but found since I like ADS it probably isn't the way to go for me. The weapon, like the Zenith have specific functions, and one function might be versatility. To buy up multiple attachments and switch them out as the situation demands. Do you really need a darklight flashlight all the time? Nope, how about a laser sight? Nope, as you might find yourself fighing on a bridge where mostly your in medium to long range and thus a compensator or flash suppressor is best (as they already know full well your general location and its two sides opening up cans of whoop *** on each other). I have a compensator for my Flare, but found since I like to do Instant Action and drop in having the ability to remain undetected for a bit is nice, whereas taking my lasher will not work for that job.

That is why the game has so many options and weapons, especially ones that seem very similar to each other. When I read about this or that weapon sucks. And I agree the Beamer sucks for its base purpose unless your very accurate and you can spam click very fast and the extra ammo might do you well if your with other team members and your in close range. It probably is a decent weapon, but when it comes to sudden death draw matches most people want to use a pistol for, the higher damage ones are probably better. I did like the standard TR pistol though as it is auto. I really really wish I could be a Supressor on my Underboss. It is SO LOUD. I might be forced to go with the Manicore, but how well it would work for my purpose I don't know. Do I think the Cerebus is worth it? Nope, not from what I've seen and read, but there is a bundle and IF the weapon it is bundled with is for you then that bundle is a good deal. That is how I got the Underboss. I like that I got it, and have used it to good effect. The main downside is the fact it is SO LOUD. I'd even pay 200 CR to Suppress it. I got the underboss with my Lasher (Heavy bundle) and It was one of the better purchases I made. I do NOT regret it in the least since I use both weapons.

I found a bundle that is cheaper than just buying the normal weapon in that list by itself, but even at the bundle I don't know. It is teh Flash bundle. For 427 SC you get the Fury, which is 630 normally by itself, and you get that machine gun too. I already own that machine gune (it was like 100 CR) and the fury is probably a much better option for the Fury, yet do I really find myself fighting on a Flash. It is one of those things that could be useful and is probably worth doing the Test Weapon option, and IF you like it, buy it. That is why you save up that SC for when you find sales and bundles and weapons you really know you'll like and use. I'm sure the Hunter is a weapon which some bought and were like 'oh no' and others were like 'yes sir this is great'. That is because the players are different and the weapon fits different players play style. I enjoy both patient sniping and in your face assaults. I use different weapons for each.

I bought the Nyx and found it suprisingly silent (or supressed) so that it is not perhaps truly Suppressed but unlike the Underboss it is very quiet weapon. It is what you wish the Spectre was (though there is a short range sniper like the Spectre and semi-auto and is probably what the VS should get as a default. They should get a default Bolt Action (long range) and short range (Semi-Auto). The Phantom and VX-98 are probably better starting weapons for the VS. I wish they were. If I regret sinking CR into weapons it is the spectre and ghost. Though the Ghost does have its uses. Having a short to medium sniper bolt action rifle can be useful in certain situations, and I'm sure there are players out there that rock on the spectre but I found it is much like the Beamer (a sub-par crappy weapon that inspires me to leave it behind as quick as possible and most importantly do NOT waste even 1 CR on attachments for it). It is like a training weapon, which is sad. It means the VS defense department sucks at choosing standard weapons. It would be like the US defense department issuing really really crappy side arms and standard sniper rifles that are clearly the type of weapons soldiers would HATE and try and acquire enemy weapons or their own personal weapons. In real life, the US army does not have that problem, and the VS needs to probably contact someone for help on equipping its infiltrators with good standard weapons. Also the person working for the VS is not worthy of Vanu's legacy and should be executed for the crime of extreme and willful stupidity.