Update on the Outfit Base Capture feature (not the roadmap)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, Apr 17, 2014.

1. UberBonisseur

Source

2. Cougarbrit

And no reward for destroying all the enemy sundies, establishing air superiority, or creating the opportunities for the other outfits to take the points in the first place?
  3. UberBonisseur

TBD.

They still have to find what "did the most part" really means.
    • Up x 1
  4. MasonSTL

I guess it's neat. I really don't think they should get actual benefits though, It would be a slap in the face for smaller outfits that made a big difference with in a short period of time in a fight, but were not there long enough for it to out weight the stalemate of a zergfit. This might give a reason for players not to start a new outfit or an outfit with their friends but to just join whatever is the most populated outfit at the time. But it all depends on how they calculate contributions of capturing the base.

I think having their decal is good enough or it seems like 'who ever has the biggest outfit gets the most benefits'
  5. ChampagneDragon

I'm from one of those massive outfits and I thought the same thing. On Mattherson theres us and VCO on NC side. There are other big outfits, but we're the two that typically field our numbers unified.

I'm not sure it's such a great idea I mean, can you imagine bases with GOKU's symbol on them?? :eek:
  6. Ronin Oni

yeah... there really aren't a whole lot of "objective" points to be had TBQH... so hopefully kills within radius of objective count for something.
  7. UberBonisseur

IMO, they will never find a metric other than the ammount of players the Outfit can fied.

You could capture a base only because at the other side of the map, someone starts capping a Biolab; defenders will give up the small outpost you're fighting in and move out. In this case, the outfit that contributed the most wasn't even in the fight.