Update on the Briggs Server

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heyne T. E.

OK. So after 9+ months, and about $1000 dollars, tonight i get 2 HOURS of loginside, including 8 crashes, while attempting to connect to the briggs server, which is less than 50km away. And yet i can connect to connery, waterson or miller in under 10 seconds. SOE: sack your network techs and replace your network providers, they're idiots.
    • Up x 1
  2. Rebus

I'm not angry anymore , i'm just disappointed.
    • Up x 2
  3. Zykan

Fix the issues, place the server and data centre in an Australian location..
    • Up x 1
  4. N7jpicard

Where is SOE?

Why have they stopped communicating to us.... :(
    • Up x 1
  5. BeyondNInja

Probably because they have no clue how to fix it and are sick of hearing about us.

I thought they were improving, when they actually gave us an ETA in-game on the maintenance yesterday, but then the maintenance today had no warning...
    • Up x 1
  6. AkkarinDarkmoor

ah man, yesterday i was like im totally gunna get some SC to get some weapons, havent been able to login since i woke up yesterday, majorly reconsidering now... If i can't login when i want to play not much point paying hey...
  7. dezusa

RIP BRIGGS.
    I moved on to connery and theres like,seen a ton of Briggs players on TR :eek:

I want cert refunds please
    • Up x 1
  8. KO-tic

To bad i moved on bye soe
    • Up x 1
  9. penandpencilman

I forsee a "special, all player 2XP WEEKEND" AWW YEAH COMPENSATION
    • Up x 1
  10. ShortRovnd

Once they fix this, they should run a Double XP Month (yes month!) just on Briggs to get our population back.
  11. iXaNx

and radarx replies in the general discussion to tell the briggs player to provide feedback on this thread in which i dont even think he would want to look at
  12. Kite Carling

I don't even get the massive wait to see if I can connect or not now - it's just instant crash to desktop :(
    • Up x 1
  13. Hunterfire

all other servers is okay you can join the game but now i cant even play on briggs an instant crash to desktop. :eek:
  14. B00Tsauce

"This doesn’t affect moment to moment game play once you are logged in (if you can remain logged in), as that is entirely local to AUS/Sydney of course. But your character and account have a lot of data that is sent back and forth from wherever you are playing, so it does come into play for login, which is where you are seeing the problems. That is centralized so players everywhere in the world can compare themselves on Leaderboards, chat back and forth, and various other internal systems ? which require data from all characters to work properly."

So lets get this straight, the only reason you have the login structured the way you do is for leaderboard comparison and for "chatting"? I am not aware of any method that allows players to chat in game between servers....believe me I tried. The leaderboard thing I can see....except one thing. If you have no players able to play you have no one to care about the leaderboard.
    If these are the only reasons to maintain this strategy I suggest rethinking your priorities. If you need to isolate this server so that the players of this server cant compare stats with American/Euro players, but can log in to actually play....well....I think if you left it up to a vote I know which way it would lean.....
    • Up x 1
  15. B00Tsauce

on another thought however, I wouldn't complain if you never fixed it....bunch of Briggs guys showed up on Mattherson and they are one talented bunch.
    love the accents <3
    • Up x 1
  16. Pelojian

I think they could isolate Briggs and still allow people to compare stats with the non-briggs leaderboard.

have them access leaderboards online and when a briggs player wants to compare themselves to the 'international boards' they log into the briggs board to compare internationally and the server copies your player data and updates the international leaderboard with it and then shows you where you stand.

It wouldn't give you an accurate reading of how you stand on the leaderboards against the entire playerbase since it's on request updates to the international boards. but you could separately compare yourself internationally and on briggs
  17. RadarX

I think you would be wrong in this regard. We are very closely watching this feedback.
    • Up x 5
  18. ice cold gangsta

So why can't I connect to Briggs right now?
    • Up x 1
  19. iXaNx

Happy TO know you are
  20. RadarX

Unfortunately I can't provide any further detail beyond the status message at the top of the forums. Briggs is currently offline to address a technical issue affecting it. We don't have an ETA at this time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.