Update on the Briggs Server

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtYbird

Why does the data transfer have such a large issue that impacts hundreds of players daily on Briggs but didnt suffer anywhere near as bad as that just two months ago.
    Was it something changed at the datacenter or something you changed in your database increasing the amount of data transferred and didnt factor in what might happen with the unique Briggs set up?

If its based on the amount of data sent back why do we still have serious issues with less that half of the population now playing than two months ago?

Are new characters more likely to get in before those who have been here from day one because they have "less data", is that how it works?

Why not have a Briggs queue system for logging in until you can sort it out, something better than the hit and miss every 10mins until you give up after an hour.

Why not store that data in Sydney and then transfer it to your west coast datacenter around 2pm PST and put the Briggs into maintenance while you do it.
    • Up x 5
  2. Kulantan

This is the one that I want answered more than any other, what changed to cause Loginside.
    • Up x 5
  3. F1na1

I just cancelled my subscription. I cant handle this **** any more. I would say more, however at the risk of being banned i wont.
    • Up x 2
  4. Accuser

If it were something exclusive to Briggs, it would have been rolled back by now. So clearly it was something integral to the way that all the other servers interact as well.

Which means that the reason that a change went through that made Briggs unplayable is because they didn't have sufficient QA testing how global server changes would effect Briggs in particular. And now that that change has become an integral part of the game's code going forward, they would likely have to undo months worth of work to save Briggs.

A public test server is not a QA team.

My 6-month recurring subscription ends next month, and I won't be renewing it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Choppy89

Not putting anymore sc into the game. SOE you are loosing a profitable player base. If Briggs goes, so do I. I won't be playing on a server that gives me 300ms minimum.
    • Up x 2
  6. Zoolo

I also cancelled my subscription because of this.
    SOE need to REALLY lift their game before i even consider purchasing membership again.
    I would need to see 6 months of constant improvements. (big lol right there) So i guess this means i won't be purchasing membership ever again.
    • Up x 1
  7. Boberton27

SOE need to reimburse their subscribed Australasian players... A whole month of login issues and crashes? This is unacceptable... I've basically paid $15 for practically nothing. It's unacceptable and unless it's fixed soon I won't be renewing my subscription.
    • Up x 2
  8. mclarenman01

Over an hour of my weekend wasted trying to log on.... What a load of BS! I'm really starting to think that players on the Briggs server need to be compensated in some way for this.
    • Up x 1
  9. FaLI3N

Can the people that go to Connery to escape this madness get a buttload of certs ;) I actually kind of prefer that server now and I miss my range of playstyles that my previous amounts of certs afforded me :(
    • Up x 1
  10. Jed142

11pm and i cant even login :( the makes me soo depressed.
    • Up x 1
  11. Kaktwox

I am not a Briggs player but I will no longer be giving SOE any more money as a result of this problem along with many other issues I have had with the direction of this game lately. For SOE to go on record and say this fix is not a priority is a huge slap in the face to the entire community.
    • Up x 1
  12. The Lowdog

Cancelled my subscription and submitted a request for a refund on any payments taken since the start of March. If they refuse I will be contacting the ACCC. Interesting to see how this goes...
    • Up x 1
  13. Dr. Curiosity

Instant crash to desktop? Pure luxury! I'd love it if it were an instant crash to desktop...
    • Up x 1
  14. Rebus

Briggs RIP
    • Up x 2
  15. dwalters98

Guys, I may be a Matterson player, but hear me out. All of you raging and saying your not going to pay any more, simply makes matters worse for your case. The less people paying, the lower these worker's paychecks are. The less their paychecks and the overall company gets, crashes the company entirely which means that the people that are enjoying the game, just got ruined by you.

Point is, whining and bi1(#ing isn't going to help anything, it only makes things worse for you.
  16. RipperTR

Do you really expect people to continue subscribing to a service they cannot use?
    • Up x 4
  17. Kaktwox

You can continue to provide money to a company who does not listen to their community, and are also willing to take player's money and then tell them that they are not a top priority when they can't play the game for two months. This community has given SOE more then enough money all on blind faith based on promises of things that never come. If SOE wants more money then maybe it's time they earn it, and while they are at it they can earn back the trust they have squandered. Unfortunately the damage to this game's reputation has already been done in the eyes of many.
    • Up x 3
  18. PlatoonLeaderG

A lot of players came to Mattherson from Briggs,i was having a conversation with a guy that had a main in Briggs but it was unplayable.I feel bad and i hope SOE fix the problems soon,no1 want to start over from the beginning just because the server is unstable and you guys deserve more like some bonus too only on Briggs to at least apologise to the players.
    • Up x 2
  19. Choppy89

Do you expect player to pay for something they were promised, only to be given something that can be described as a "**** product" at best. Border lines fraud. Don't take no for an answer
    • Up x 1
  20. NovaAustralis

Thanks for the measured reply RadarX. :)
    We can feel that you guys (the business) are as frustrated by this as us (the paying customers).

It just boggles my mind that a 'technical issue' of this nature, in this day and age, has gone on so long.
    (But then we are possibly talking about Australian internet/network infrastructure... :rolleyes: )
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.