Update on game updates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jan 7, 2014.

1. drNovikov

Cause we need to force people into bigger zergs!
    • Up x 3
  2. Torok

Finally some hype back.
  3. Seuchensaal

:)
    • Up x 1
  4. Maljas23

Sounds good Higby! Please do something about TR's chaingun when you can!
  5. LordMondando

Lovely,

Resource revamp and continental lattice. ASAP.

HIGBY PLZ.
    • Up x 3
  6. NinjaTurtle

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  7. HadesR

Any chance of letting us know about those features ? I know nothing can be really set in stone, but It would be nice to know what's " hopefully " in the pipeline for the next 3 to 6 months ..

We have the Road Map .. but that's about as accurate as a blind man playing darts
    • Up x 3
  8. Rolfski

MOAR content! :)
  9. JonboyX

I think we're not a million miles off now in terms of balance. Sure, there are a couple of niggles, but I for one really think what we have now is about good enough...

... so I'd really like a focus of energies on new stuff rather than tweaking existing stuff. Base layouts are okay... not perfect, but okay. Just leave them for a bit.

New stuff!

New vehicle chassis for example.
    Engineer deployables.
    A seventh class (gasp) - maybe even splitting the infiltrator from the sniper as a simple step.
    More focus on hacking.
    Resource line disruptions.
    More water.
    A fourth continent?
    A continent on the dark side of the moon
    Underwater bases with simple sub-marine vehicles of some description (we all wear masks as infantry).
    Low gravity somewhere (to create a different physics on one continent)
    A small, vehicle free, cave? No ziplines. Please.
    Proper, shielded, base turrets (i.e. sieges!)
    Siege weapons.

Stuff.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kryzen

12/24hr Faction lock on servers to stop the 4th faction switching when alerts go up please!
    • Up x 4
  11. z1967

ahh yessss. Thanks for doing that "reaching out to the forum community" thing we have been asking for. Can't wait for a weekly update :D.
  12. ohmikkie

More engine tuning is require for that I suspect. I get horrendous FPS for that map on the test server in quite a few areas. And thats with one or two people arround.
  13. Amarsir

Not sure I approve of this. More frequent updates means more chances for bugs to slip in. Unless you're devoting more time to QA, which I doubt.

If the reasoning on this isn't clear, let's take a bug that we know happens but not on purpose: stairs at an Amerish biolab disconnecting from the jump pad. If a tester found himself near that pad once a month, and you release once a month, there's a fair chance he'd catch it. But if he's there once a month and you go live 4x a month, it's probably going to go live. And of course what's true for this simple bug would be so for more serious ones.

If this is an easier workflow for you than so be it. But my experience leads me to suspect it won't be all sunshine and kittens.
  14. Ash87

Just throwing out my two cents here, a while back I did a small poll about the test server, trying to see what people wanted out of it. Most of the results were, people want things for going there, imagine that, but something else that was asked for a -lot- was there being play tests, during times when the main servers were down. As the updates usually bump the main server down for a pretty good while, and invariably results in backlash from the european servers, would a planned playtest on the test server, at the time that the live servers are updating, sound like something that could be done?

On another note, when you guys rewarded those 3-day boosts for test server testing for OMFG 1, it was the most full the test server has ever been, just saying.

Yay to the updates though. Glad to see the bi-weekly updates returning, bodes well for the coming year.

With the updates, could we get a comment on a couple things?

1.) A lot of people support and have suggested on all three of the main forums (Reddit, PSU, and here) the idea of pushing the resource revamp and the continental lattice to the forefront, and start working towards getting those features implemented before anything else. Is this a possibility?

2.) With the continental lattice, while it is slated to have 3 distinct Battle islands, many people have said that if the current lattice had 3 duplicates of Nexus, that would do, until the other battle islands were completed. Is this something that you guys would consider doing?
    • Up x 3
  15. EverestMagnus

Please just fix the infiltrator cloak bug where you de-cloak on reloading your gun. It's all I wanted for X-mas this year :(
    • Up x 2
  16. &erson

I really hope this just isn't some sugarcoated announcement that PS2 is going into maintenance mode. We'll have to see though. /uneasy
  17. BodyBagCowboy

This sounds really good in theory, but being completely honest, I have seen the patches you guys roll out, and breaking the game every week does not sound good at all. It seems like a tall order to improve quality and frequency by much at the same time. On the other hand, getting a LA revamp one week, then Hossin next week, Continent locking the week after that, etc. sounds pretty good to me. I am dubious, skeptical, hopeful. Now that the game is running really well and the balance is pretty close, its hard to complain much about new content as long as it is coming.
  18. Metaphor

I am very glad to hear of this change. Good work SOE.

Can you please make sure you include patch notes with your weekly patch also so that the players know what is going on?

Thanks.
  19. AlephZed

• Up x 2
  20. MrMurdok

YOU JINXED IT! YOU FREAKING JINXED IT!

I hope that every time you cloak, your head will still be visible.