Update Minimum specs as of 12/01/14

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR AlexS, Dec 1, 2014.

1. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Operating System: Windows 7 or later
    CPU: Core i5-760 or better / AMD Phenom II X4 or better [Quad-core CPU]
    Memory: 4 GB RAM (32-bit) / 6 GB RAM (64-bit)
    Hard Drive: 20 GB free
    Video Memory: 512 MB
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 260 or better / Radeon HD 4850 or better

We appreciate your support for the game and you're welcome to PM me if you have any questions!
    • Up x 3
  2. DarekSkychaser

I kind of wish I'd posted this earlier, but while I don't know what the developers did back in late October/early November through now, it has vastly improved PS2 performance, at least for me. Hey, even my terrible system can run it *again*.

So, yeah, kudos to the developers!
  3. RainbowDash9

you know they said i was under min specs on the old requirements, even though i could run 60 frames on pretty much ultra (had to down shadows to high and lower render quality to 75%) gonna suck if i need tech support :(
  4. JorgeSarcos

i5 ???

I run the game on a 1st Gen i3 and while i cant even run on Medium i can play on low with +30fps. What does this mean? that ill be soon kicked out of my favorite game after a +year of playing?
    • Up x 2
  5. RainbowDash9

quick question for everyone though: how much better is a gtx260 (the new minimum) compared to an intel HD 4600 (what i use now) is it worth the 75 dollars for the card plus a 600 w psu (another 60)?
  6. candman

wtf i have just got a e8500 3.16 core 2 duo and a 9800gtx+ the game runs fine on proper settings. but it dosnt run on 32bit system anymore yea like 5 10 minuites . wtf are you guys doing cant you buy a core 2 duo at 3.00ghz and test it runs fine you noob bastards. you do relies that 32 bit system rule the market just because you only see 64 bit playing this game is because it will not play on 32 bit long before crashing fix it please cause i get better fps on 32 bit than 64 bit. i just ordered anothe e8400 4 gigs of ram and a 4850 ati for my bro to play il l be depressed if it does not work. why would i need a quad core the game oesnt even use mor than 2 cores does it. i mean how do expect us to pay for game stuffs if we have to buy new harware every 3 months **** man quite doing pay to play feature updates and streamline this thing first it is better than before but come on . i was playing on a dual core p4 or pentium d 3 ghz. could you just monitor ps1 so i can play without hackers then i wouldn't need a big rig to get my fpsmmo on. just add in game ads to make monies.
  7. BlackDove

8. Dragam

Why would you buy ancient hardware ? If you buy something "new", then buy something that isnt 6+ years old...
  9. OneEclipse

You clearly have no basic understanding of computer hardware and the current gpu market. What you're buying would be like me buying the playstation 2 just because it has the "capability" to run the game at minimum.
  10. sandor555

So...SOE team have lof of work with unoptimazation... x'D
  11. Skiptrace

Hmm, I "think" my computer is at the min spec, though, i'm running an AMD Athlon II X4, so that may be more powerful than the Phenom II X4. and i have a GTX 560 which is WAY over the Min GPU. plus 8 GB of RAM.
  12. Kirthalion

I have never worked harder to make a game run smoother than PS2. Is there anywhere that explains the settings in the strictest of terms regarding what level (low-ultra) pushes the work to the CPU vs. the GPU?

I feel like I need a Ouija board and a lesson in black magic just to keep up with the migrating minimum specs.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dragam

Basically, its like this :

Amount of items / players / terrain / shadows rendered = cpu

The quality of all Visuals (not the quantity) = gpu
  14. Kirthalion

Perfect, thanks Dragam. I was only certain of shadows. Are particles and effects CPU heavy or GPU?
  15. Dragam

The particle setting is partially gpu, partially cpu, as it not only renders better looking particles, but also particles at further distances, meaning more particles overall, meaning more cpu calculations.

If you want to keep cpu usage at a minimum, while still having good looking Graphics, id use the following settings:

Default resulotion, Render quality 100%, view distance 1000 meters, grahpics quality high, texture quality ultra, lighting quality high, shadows low, fog shadows off, effects low, terrain low, flora off, model quality low, particles low, ambient occlusion on
  16. Zeleharian

So I have an Alienware with an Intel Core i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70 GHZ, 16 GB ram and 64 bit operating system, yet this game only runs on about 20 FPS on ultra settings. Does anyone know why?
  17. BlackDove

Because its a laptop and this game uses a terribly unoptimized DX9 engine.

You probably need to configure your drivers and other software correctly and get rid of a lot of the default software and settings. My friend has an Alienware with a Haswell i7 and a 765M and he plays it fine.

Turn off smoothing and lower shadows. Make sure your drivers are set to only use the Nvidia GPU(which you dodnt list). Make sure the power profile is set to max performance as well.

What security software do you use?
  18. specopzsniper

I'm running a and fx quad core with 4GBs of ram and a gtx 750 ti on high and I keep getting glitchs when running or using vehicles help plz
  19. Pointyguide2

there should also be recommened mobile requirements too.
  20. BlackDove

You need 8GB of RAM.