Update 2 Killed Light Assault: Go play Heavy or Infiltrator now

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Sogui, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Wildclaw

I'll let you in on a very well kept secret among good LAs. We have never spent a lot of time on rooftops. We just let the other classes think that we do so that they spend a lot of time looking in the wrong places.

I mean, seriously, who in their right mind would want to sit exposed on a roof. There are just so many ways in which that will get you killed, even without the new spawn buildings.
    • Up x 2
  2. Torok

ahaha like a ninjahh!

btw stop hatiiiiiiiiin, LA is fine, learn 2 play guys! else go play your HA
  3. Achmed20

darts? then it must have been an engie with mines
    C4 is more like a 30kg brick, not eve close of beeing dart like ^^
  4. Skadi

Engi wouldnt have have destroyed my prowler with mineguard, i saw those C4 coming and get out and ran.
  5. Achmed20

- you can "throw" c4 like 2 meters. thats hardly a dart.
    - 2x c4 bricks + getting safe take like 5-7 seconds. i could have died 10 times in that time ;)
    - also, if dropped while flying, its more luck then skill to hit the target (depending on how high they are).
  6. Fallout10mm

I play mainly Light assault/Engie and only stupid light assaults spend all day sitting on rooftops, spamming enemies the second they come out of the spawn rooms. You have massive mobility, use it to your advantage, come up on enemies from unconventional directions or to get away from that scatmax who thinks he has your number. just using your jet pack to get up on a rooftop to camp the spawn or flag is a lame tactic, evolve your strategy or keep getting your *** handed to you.

My favorite thing to do is on the 2 story buildings is to toss a nade in one of the doors on the bottom floor, jump jet up to the top, kill 1/2 enemies, flee while reloading and come back in though the door on the opposite side. about 80% if the time the enemies have zero idea where you are coming from and you'll have the drop on them.
  7. Corezer

agree on death field. Also if you are in the SCU room of an amp station just standing where the grav lift brings people up from the tunnels causes damage.

The rest is fine.
  8. JudgeDreddy

Ehh I've had some of my best LA rounds[not my normal class but engis share weapons] after the patch so idk. Besides get a nice scoped weapon and take out the guys on the upper floor no prob with the ac
  9. MadRon101

Wait what?

Hadn't noticed this yet.

Will be dissappoited if that's true.
    • Up x 1
  10. sudosteve

I c4'd a sunderer today, pretty sure I landed on the top of it and touched the side as well. Didn't insta gib. Maybe the vehicle was sliding slightly and it registered as a road kill?
  11. Vortok

Protip: You don't need to stand in the room of death to cap the point in a tower. The capture area is actually quite a bit bigger, has been for awhile if not always. Can even crouch by the stairs and still be in range.

Personally I've been running around as a LA with a shotgun more post patch, since I realized I don't actually have to cert the class for it to be really effective. Dropped the 10 pity certs for level 2 jump jets, at least.
  12. commandoFi

It happens with friendly vehicles too.

Should have protected the windows with an anti artillery shield that you can still fire out of.
  13. NUKABAZOOKA

14. Veri

I started using LA since after the patch and I have to say I stay alive longer as an LA than I do a HA.
    Most just don't look up.
    Found it a lot easier to get dominations as an LA.

Only gripe is wishing C-4 was not so expensive.
  15. Village

Not really, unless the tank moves i can easily land both blocks of C4 quite well, sometimes aiming 45 degrees up and lobbing them in an arc quite a distance. With practise you can get good with aiming them i have 2000 kills so far with C4.
  16. Achmed20

jeah might be right. im so used to drifters which often leaves me way higher then the average JJ user
  17. Village

Just do what i do and have some target practice on friendly vehicles at the warp-gate without risking damaging to them.
  18. Bambolero

Yeah that's the bug that is still causing hitching and lag imo.
    All problems came from vehicles, massive FPS drop when you drive one or even when you are around vehicles.
    If you come too close to a vehicle, touch it to any side, land on roof or whatever, you die.
    It seems like they are in a constant state of sliding or somesuch, weird.
  19. Achmed20

like i said. the height im dropping it from makes i kinda hard. the COF is huge
  20. Bill Hicks

Every time I slide down a damn hill I think, " I wish I was on my light assault"