Upcoming NS LMG (NS-15A)

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by z00k333r525, Mar 31, 2013.

1. sindz

Seemed very lackluster when i trialed it in VR
  2. Bankrotas

It's actually a nice accuracy gun, due to sharing lowest movement CoF out of LMGs and having 0.75x movement at ADS. Lackluster maybe, but wouldn't get it over GD-22s
  3. daskleineviech

I guess it's nice for the NC to have a non-horsekick LMG. TR and VS are mostly disappointed, like in the other two NS weapons. They don't deal more damage and the handling isn't that different. At least the VS has a ballistic weapon more, but for TR it just seams like "here's a gauss gun that handles like any gunpowder based peashooter you already bought".
  4. Venomoroth

THIS IS SO USELESS!!

rate of fire : 625 rpm (not 652 as some say here!!)
    damage per bullet: 143
    dps: 625:60*143 = 1498

this is the lowest dps of any automatic weapon that i've seen so far. this weapon is not competitive.

i don't realize why ads-movement should be important for a weapon which makes absolutely no sense in close combat. and further this weapon is not outstanding on range either. t-32 bull and so on have the same accuracy but deal better damage.

i recommend to increase the damage to 167 damage per bullet and lower the rate of fire to 600, like em6 has. dps would be 1670 - that's at least average for mid range weapons.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bankrotas

How about you include ADS CoF calculations in your mathematics?
  6. Venomoroth

my dear friend bankrotas, it's always nice to see you quoting my posts. ads cof is identical to the t32 bull. i still cannot see any use for the ns weapons. they don't deal enough damage for close combat and are to weak compared to the long range counter parts of our factions. every empire has a weapon which has the same accuracy but better dps. so why should i buy this, only cause it sounds great and looks cool?

edit:
    numbers:

ads cof still:
    t-32 bull: 0,1 -> 1554dps
    ns-15m: 0,1 -> 1498dps

ads cof crouch

t-32 bull: 0,1
    ns-15m: 0,1

only good points are reload time and 0,75% move speed using ads - but i think move speed is only necessary in close combat and a 2013dps GD7-F will show you your place if you rush in with your little 1498dps pea shooter.
  7. vulkkan

I looked at the weapon stats and laughed. It's basically a slightly more accurate, lower DPS version of the T16. Given its tight CoF and high ADS speed, and high projectile velocity, this will be the ultimate long-range strafe-duel weapon! (Aka a piece of turd.) The NS slogan would probably be, "Specializing in Sexy Crapshooters for all of Auraxis."
    I guess I'll be getting either a T16 or TMG-50.
  8. Bankrotas

Thank you. I do like your math, and yes I agree this gun is lackluster, as stated in first my post in the topic. Not still, honestly, best CoF to look at is movement ADS standing, not still. If you're standing still and firing, you're just easier target than one moving. Crouch is still is good.
  9. X3Killjaeden

Because you would be unique like an unicorn if you run it - as nobody else uses it :D
    However, i prefer them introducing underpowered weapons and then maybe buffing them a slight bit instead of releasing way overpowered weapons and nerfing them hard time later when everyone bought them.
    • Up x 1
  10. TheUprising

Good god, then it will have the same dps of an Anchor and Em6, and those guns have kicks that are out of this world, because for some reason, high damage per bullet = huge bloom and recoil.

A better idea would be bringing it to 650RPM, the same as the EM1 and Polaris. It would probably be the best of that lackluster bunch.
  11. TheBloodEagle

I was honestly really looking forward to this gun. I was really hoping to have something a bit different to change up my usual loadouts.

NS-15M

Things I Like

1. The look of the weapon. I honestly enjoy the NS weapon aesthetics. I prefer their square-ish form more so than NC weapons. I also enjoy the color tones used (NS) and even the extended square magazine on it.

2. The way the gun sounds. It's a good kind of "different" from my usual TR weapons and, although I do like NC weapon sounds, it isn't as exaggerated as they are. It just sounds "right" to me.

3. The amount of attachments. I love that it has both ammo types available for different situations, all the scopes & barrel attachments. It's understandable that it doesn't have any advanced ones, or extended mag.

4. The recoil decrease of 15 and ← Recoil bias.

Things I Don't Like

1. This is a very lackluster weapon for TR. This adds something fresh for VS players that want a different aesthetic & gunplay and a new higher ROF option for NC.

2. Max Damage 143 @ 10m - Min Damage 112 @ 65m : This is a major issue for me. This adds nothing for TR players. TR players already have five LMG that do 143 @ 10m. Also another crucial issue, if anyone else noticed is, that the min damage is 112 @ 65 ! All the other 143 LMGs do 125 @ 65m. Why did they g imp the min damage for the same range? I have no idea. The NC have one weapon that does 143 @ 10m, but FIVE that do 167, plus the 200 Gauss SAW. All 167 @ 10m weapons do 143 @ 75m. 143 @ 75 is a huge reason why I love the TR TMG-50. The VS have four that do 143 @ 10m and two that do 167. This literally, as I mentioned, adds no real benefit for TR players other than something aesthetically different. I was hoping TR would have a new option for mid-range to long range combat like the TMG-50, considering NS weapons seem to be on the NC side of designs (lore as well) but this is actually worse off. Most people just focus on ROF, DPS, etc but the max-to-min numbers are what I really value for my playstyle with new weapons because I already have high ROF choices & shotguns for CQB with TR.

3. They didn't do anything unique with the weapon stats for NS. They basically tweaked the same values already given for TR & NC. Why couldn't they have done something more refreshing like off the top of my head: Max Damage 155 @ 10m - Min Damage 134 @ 70m. I literally just found the middle ground between the two stats we already have for TR & NC weapons. This is just an example of something refreshing but of course you'd need to balance the other stats to be on par with the rest but I'm just pointing out they could of did something a bit unique. It makes me feel like they were a bit lazy calculating this up and finding the appropriate numbers. It's a shame though, the stat guys from the dev videos seemed real passionate about this stuff.

4. The visual correlation between having a nice looking long square magazine and the 55 bullets per magazine....I don't understand...especially when NC LMG have shorter ones that hold 75 and 100 rounds.

5. Lack of single shot like the other NS weapons.

6. It doesn't offer that kind indecisive decision you'd want when comparing weapons, i.e. meaning it's not worthy from the get-go for TR players. Like that "hmm do I want more of this stat or that stat for my playstyle...oooh I like this on it but the other one has that...." type of thing. For me, as a TR HA player 80% of the time. this weapon, stat wise, is an obvious don't buy (for now). It's an obvious subpar choice. Part of the fun is figuring out your "groove" with different weapons & situations. Finding the "right" ones for you. I don't mean pure DPS/ROF and all that people emphasize but just stats that offer a competitive choice. Do you guys know what I mean? It's a bit hard to explain. But man, do I enjoy the way it looks. Maybe they'll buff it after a few months or we will get another one.
    • Up x 1
  12. Venomoroth

if you push it to 650 (652) rpm, it will just be a quick reloading t32-bull.

but i think we both share the same feeling about this weapon, it just fulfils no special role and if you buff it in one or the other way, it will still be like something that we've already got.
  13. Imposer

I trialed on my VS and loved it. It's recoil is awesome and will be even better with the foregrip. This gun is great for mid-long range. Sure maybe it doesn't have the same power but it's a lot easier to land every bullet. Not to mention as someone said before it looks and sounds great. I'll probably pick this one up before the carbine, the carbine doesn't look as cool as I was hoping. I'm going to collect all infantry NS weapons and gear.
  14. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, for recoil control you kinda already have the Polaris, with nearly double the Magazine and higher dps to boot.
    What this weapon seems to shine at is handling.
    Very short reload, low recoil, high projectile speed. Feels like an Assault Rifle, Damage Output not withstanding.
  15. Soundmonitor

Bought this last night because I already have the TMG-50 and im pretty much borred with it, it's pretty good in medium fighting, this LMG should have a lower barrel stock cert for it considering it only carries 55 rounds and is sub par damage per bullet. IMO you dont need a handle grip for this gun, the control is pretty smooth.
  16. Pie Chasm

It's bad.

It's an extremely high ttk weapon with a large CoF and no advanced forward grip to manage recoil i.e. it sucks at CQC and range.

For TR and NC it adds the ADS movement speed, but I think it's entirely moot when you're getting mowed down by 750+ RoF weapons.
  17. ScorpDK

Sounds and looks good. Handles decently and gives that "feeling" of wielding a good gun, even if it isn't up to par with the others.
    Does that deter me from using it? Not really, I tried different combinations out, and with foregrip and a good sight, you can put enemies down before they even know what's going on. Plus it is more of a gun than the VS LMGs, but I'll probably always nitpick at the pew-pew lasers. XD

It's less an LMG and more a Heavy Assault Rifle, but it could do with some minor tweaking to make it seem more formidable.
    Which is, funnily enough, a sort-of plus point. People think it's **** and won't use it, so when a dude with it appears and starts laying down the heat, people won't immediately know which faction is shooting them.
  18. X3Killjaeden

thats how it feels when using the warden with supressor
  19. TheBloodEagle

Success! The NS-15M damage at range has been changed from 112 @ 65 to 125 @ 65! Now it's on par with all the other 143 @ 10m LMGs! It may not alleviate all the issues one might point out about this weapon but this was definitely needed.