Upcoming LA Revamp Discussion

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by DJPenguin, Apr 16, 2014.

1. MasonSTL

Because you where too young to duel wield klobbs in Goldeneye?
    • Up x 3
  2. Maljas23

More like I'm not foolish enough to play FPS games on a console, but go with whatever makes you happy.
  3. OddChelsea

You just hit me with a truck loaded with nostalgia.

Your loss then. Missing out on one of the most innovative (for it's time) and fun FPS games ever made just because you are biased against it having been on console.
    • Up x 1
  4. Pat22

Just give us a kinetic tool that deals little damage but knocks people around that way we can scatter enemy defensive lines and use it on ourselves to propel ourselves forwards and upwards.

That and fix our specialty grenades. They're both twice as expensive as HA grenades and twenty times less useful.

Smoke grenades are irrelevant because engineers and medics can carry underbarrel smoke grenade launchers with infinite ammo, and the hand-thrown version doesn't even work if you throw it beyond 20-ish meters.
    Flash grenades are just all around useless. 90% of the time they don't do a damn thing, the last 10% they'll sort of blind one guy but the other three standing next to him are fine and gun you down.
  5. DJPenguin

As if the bias against playing shooters on a console even existed at the time :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  6. Maljas23

Its not even about being biased. Its the limited control scheme you have on a console. You can never be as accurate with a controller as you can with a mouse. I still have my N64, but for that reason, I don't own Goldeneye. It was for SSB, Mario 64, and Legend of Zelda.
  7. Pat22

Oh yeah and let us ADS when flying, that way the class who's special ability it is to FLY and who's special grenades are smoke grenades can actually use the smoke grenades and aim down an HS/NV scope while using its class ability.
    Makes sense, yeah? I'm not asking for super accuracy while flying, I just want to be able to aim down my sights, damnit.
    • Up x 4
  8. Maljas23

I dunno man. Playing Disrupter with an emulator vs on the PS1 was enough to show me that fact.
  9. OddChelsea

And not a single bit of that made it any less fun or important to the FPS genre and what it eventually became. You shouldn't act like CoD came up with everything in any case. This isn't a thread about Goldeneye however so I'm gonna drop it.
  10. MasonSTL

lol you just when from the ignorant "Boo it's like CoD" kid to ignorant "PC master race, console suxs!" kid :rolleyes:
  11. Pat22

I have a feeling the Akimbo idea was suggested so that everytime someone tried to argue against it, it would only break out into a CoD flamefest and nothing would get done...
    • Up x 5
  12. Maljas23

Well I wasn't going there but okay lol. Its not like I was knocking your preferences but I seem to have hit a nerve anyway. Feel free to have that argument yourself.
  13. Maljas23

Ill add a /sarcasm in my post next time, sorry.

The truth is, I think this a good idea minus the loss of a jetpack. That kinda goes against everything the LA has stood for.
  14. Riddlley

So. Anyone have any bright ideas as alternative's?
  15. OddChelsea

I agree with that at least. LA should always have the advantage of mobility, not sure how I feel about all of this...
  16. Maljas23

Well, considering that the LA doesn't need any more weapons right now, I think it should focus on an actual tool, whether that be a different type of jetpack or not. Maybe bring back the Icarus jetpack. I mean they've had plenty of time to work on it..
    • Up x 3
  17. Regpuppy

They have actually been a lot in the Light assault subforums ranging from simple tools to help squad play to different takes on the jetpack. A lot of things that'd be much better than something that's potentially broken, gimmicky, and/or forcing the class to give up its main feature to use it.
  18. smokemaker

I will not trade my jump jets for more firepower....
    No way.

You are more deadly with less firepower and maneuverability.
  19. Tentakewls

They are still pushing this Akimbo BS? **** that...just give every LA something like:

[IMG]

as a class tool so they can carpet bomb people why flying.
    • Up x 4
  20. doombro

I would totally be okay with having systems other than a jetpack to define the light assault role. Maneuverability vs Firepower sounds like an interesting trade-off, however, I'd like to see a wider variety of options in general. For example, the ability to trade the jetpack or utility slot for something like a single-use limited-range personal teleporter (~150m, just for the sake of having a clearer idea) that would allow us to mark a position, flank around enemy territory, spot some stuff, deliver some information, and immediately press a button to teleport back to the position.

Generally, I'd like to see some class-flavored stuff come with the implant system. Definitely would like one that makes my spots last longer and further.

Getting off-topic, but I would love the ability to mark High Value Targets for other players to destroy without having to go through a ton of crap just to let my team know there's something out there that needs destroying. I was hoping the mission system would fulfill that dream a little. :(

Oh yeah.

Icarus jump jets please.