Upcoming adjustments to Air vs Ground balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Tasogie

Air to ground isnt half as dramatic as the doom sayers demand we all think it. Takes me 48 rockets to kill ONE sunderer, an that is just hovering 20 feet away..... Not to mention it took 10 rockets to kill a single infantry lol...
  2. Gavyne

Ever think you are just not a good pilot? Try talking with that BR100 guy and another whom he was racing to 100 with, both Liberator pilots that made tons of kills (7,000 kills in less than a week in a liberator) and he called the liberator "relaxing".

If I ever make 7,000 kills in a week, on the ground, I would be stoned or possibly have a heart attack.
    • Up x 1
  3. Gavyne

Very cute although it's not necroing when responding to the only air vs ground balance changes posted by Higby.
  4. Tasogie

lol sorry but he is not to be seen as a "good" player, hes an exploiter, an he got away with it. He was banned for hacking once then cried about it an was let back in. Not to mention he farmed it in a gunship.... he is not rated as a good player.

"I am not a good player" LOL. soo lets see, standing 20 feet away from a parked sunderer, every single rocket is a hit on its rear, without a single miss.... yer it's my fault lol
    • Up x 1
  5. Gavyne

I think you are confused. People are complaining about liberators these days, not the already nerfed ESF. Why you are bringing up ESF I don't know. But then ESF is very capable of killing infantry and tanks still. Just so you took awhile to pound a sunderer does not make everything A O K.
    • Up x 1
  6. Wobberjockey

that were posted... over a month ago?

the conversations has continued and then stopped last year... and now 2 weeks later we are in the same thread?

yea
    necropost.
  7. TheEvilBlight

Weird, took me <10 annihilator rockets to do the same. I think 6 or 7, which is particularly egregious and requires someone to be stone dead asleep on the other side.
  8. RockHarder

so, tldr version, yes, they ran away when you shot at them - which is the point
  9. Tasogie

yer dammed if I understand it. I had to empty my entire supply into him. That meant standing still for a few minutes lol
  10. RockHarder

fixt
  11. sladuog

I know of players who are or were in the military, especially PS1 vets. Right now you'd need to dramatically alter the flight ceiling, for one thing. Realism in videogames is always a balance between mechanics making you feel as though you're in the action "holy moly I can kill that high priority target from here and push back the enemy because of the weapon I'm using" without taking you out of the action "What blasted button do I even need to press to load the rounds into the magazine so I can put it in the weapon and disengage the safety so I can kill that tank?".

It's a balance.

For example, play receiver, that's a game where the mechanics really have an impact on the gameplay.
  12. Gavyne

aww how cute, don't worry, everybody knows either a buff to AA or nerf to liberator is coming. Which one, I don't know. But I'll be happy with either. Enjoy your farming for now.
    • Up x 1
  13. Gavyne

Not when this is the only post by Higby on the ongoing balancing issues regarding air & ground. Come to think about it, I don't really care how cute you want to be making pointless posts. But the sad part about it is the fact that it was indeed a month ago when Higby last posted on this highly controversial and ongoing issue in the game.
  14. Wobberjockey

i highly suspect that we will be having a fresh round of discussion either tomorrow or the day after, if higby's twitter feed is to be believed.

either way. i highly doubt many of the people posting in this thread realize exactly how old the info in the OP is, and even fewer have bothered to read all 49 pages of this thread. i'm not saying discussion should cease, but at the very least people should be consious that this thread is rather long in the tooth at this point.

also i'm fairly certain that it is not necessary to concentrate all the air/ground feedback into this one thread. i've seen lots of evidence so far that suggests that SOE actually does read their forums.
  15. Imnuktam

Was pretty obvious when I posted on the 40 something'th page, no need to be ignorant.

Had i started a new thread there just would have been someone else just like you who instead of saying something constructive would have told me how may posts there were already out there on this topic and to use search.
  16. Angelos Sanguinum

Where Skyguard buff ??? WT.F ? You must increase its accuracy dam_n it ! You cant hit a c.rap with that thing, only if its hovering above you. Flak buff is laughable if your CoF is like 15 meters.
  17. Arcanum

They've already said they will increase the accuracy, if they didn't already in this patch. I'm I'm not mistaking it for merely a Burster buff. I think they're going to do something with the reticle, possibly something affecting or related tp the CoF pattern.
  18. An Hero

Did you really have to bump this?
    • Up x 3