Unusually high ping on Briggs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mattressi, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Mattressi

I'm noticing that I'm constantly getting a ping of 170 to 250 ms on Briggs (~200 average). I live in New Zealand and for every other game with Australian servers, my ping is between 70 and 100 ms. When I ping the US servers, I'm actually getting as good or better latency - approximately 180 ms, which is much better than in most games with US servers (usually I get 250 ms).

I've also noticed that the ping I get for Briggs fluctuates a lot, going from 170 to 250 and back down, while Connery seems to be quite constant, around 180.

What could be causing this? It's really starting to bother me. I spent money on my character on Briggs because back when I spent it, I got a decent ping. Now, I might as well be playing on the US servers because of the terrible latency and apparent server lag. And I hear that SOE are planning to charge for server transfers :rolleyes:

Is this going to be fixed? Is this happening for Aussies too, or is it a New Zealand thing? I imagine it must be happening to both, since I still get low pings (for NZ) on Aussie servers in other games.
  2. Bulltahr

My ISP is Slingshot, I'm in the Sth Is and while I can't remember offhand, my pong was fine. I play with all settings on ultra and have never had any lag problems. Maybe it's not the server........................
  3. Mattressi

Normally I would assume it's my end, but the fact that I previously was playing with a much lower ping coupled with the fact that I'm still playing with a much lower ping on Australian servers for other games, makes me think that it is something else. I'm also extremely confused by my lower ping on Connery. Maybe Orcon (my ISP) has gone insane and laid a fibre cable direct from the exchange to the US West coast, severing the cable to Aus at the same time...I really can't make sense of this.
  4. Noxuz

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. Has kind of made the game unplayable for me now. Warping is a huge issue due to the lag, I constantly get tanks and such flying around in the air doing a mad ballet dance of sorts. Interestingly it only started to occur since the last game update.
    • Up x 1
  5. ghnurbles

Am also getting bad warp on Briggs, have been fine previously.
    • Up x 1
  6. Klintch

I'm in NZ and playing on Briggs and everything was fine until earlier today when I started lagging like crazy.

This is what I've been dealing with all day today. I dont know what's going on.

[IMG]
  7. Klintch

According to speedtest.net, my ping is in the 70's to Aus servers with DL speeds of 8-9mb/s.

So can someone spot the problem below?

[IMG]