Unticked Profanity Filter Filters Hitler, But not Stalin?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue_Shift, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Pirbi

Hitler lost the war and was replaced by people with no incentive to downplay what he did. Stalin died of natural causes and was replaced by people who had every reason to downplay what he did.
  2. Turekson

Pretty much so. Winners write the history and so on.

Also I see your Stalin with your president and an English prime minister, and raise you with Hitler, our president and one Finnish field marshal.
    [IMG]
    I guess Hitler is the only one of them that gets filtered though.
  3. Mefi

Am I the only one around here who doesn't use the profanity filter?.jpg
  4. Gundem

Yea, but I'm pretty sure that we'd be a hell of a lot worse off if Hitler or any of the Communist dictators had been successful. Not hating on you, but it rustles my jimmies when people feebly attempt to justfify Communism, or more often slander the USA by saying history was written by the victorious.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure that's because other countries can get legal issues with games that don't censor ****-ism or the 3rd Reich in general.

Maybe some countries won't allow games to be purchased if Hitler stuff isn't censored?
  5. Klabauter8

Eisenhower genocided millions Germans after the war. You can read about it in the book called "Other Losses". Yet noone gives a sh*t about it. Why? Because Murrikans won the war. That's all that counts. Stalin was also on the winners site, that's why people see Hitler as more evil.

History was written by victors. In this case the Allies and their beloved kike overloards. Churchill said this himself. I honestly don't care about all this hypocricy anymore. It makes no sense talking about it since you will only get confronted with aggressive ignorance anyway. Should the people ban whatever they want. To me the whole world has gone completely crazy anyway.

However, I rather should stop writing here, or else my oh so democratic and tolerant government will put me in jail for it.
  6. Taemien

The world has always been about might makes right. Things aren't so bad when the strong are benevolent, but get horrible when they're malevolent. If you don't want the world to be crazy, don't be weak and change it.

Course I'm not suggesting you're weak, just making a general statement. I'm pretty sure you get what I mean.
  7. ColonelChingles

Mao's death count only ticks up if you include starvation as among the causes of death, and it's hard to argue that Mao intentionally wanted people to starve.

Starvation- 23-46 million
    Violence- 2.5 million GLF, 400,000-3 million CR

The starvation under the GLF was mostly due to poor agricultural policies where crops were exported to gain capital and focus was shifted from agriculture to industry. It got quite bad because local leaders were heavily incentivized to lie about their agricultural production, which meant that the data available to Mao and other decision makers was poor.

So many millions of those killed were not killed willingly, but as a side affect of poor economic management. I mean dead is dead, but there should be a difference between killing someone by stabbing them in the back and killing someone when you were just trying to help them.

Mao's 5.5 million violently killed doesn't quite meet Hitler's 11 million from the Holocaust, making Hitler a magnitude worse. And that's not taking into account the differences in population scale (China's population being much larger than Germany's), or that the crime of genocide carries with it a special condemnation (as opposed to Mao and Stalin's politicide).

Incidentally Mao's 5.5 million also pales in comparison to Japan's 10 million non-collateral civilian kills throughout WWII, which is about as bad as Hitler. But you don't often see Japan being treated with the same disgrace that Hitler is.
  8. Turekson

It was in reference to an earlier remark on the thread that "Stalin" doesn't get filtered because he was on the allied (=winning) side.
  9. DooDooBreff

no it because america is the best... also you speak of others ignorance but you force me to report you for using racist terms..... wierdo
  10. Haquim

I'm german too, and I think we need to get rid of this "we have done something terrible wrong and need to take responsibility and suffering upon us for all eternity" mentality.
    First of all I did nothing and neither did my parents.
    And I HATE being told what I have to believe. I am almost tempted to publicly deny it BECAUSE it is forbidden.
    It is exactly the same principle as back then, just going in the exactly opposite direction - but that doesn't make it right.

If a democracy, or rather its leadership, is so scared of a couple social deviants that they have to make laws that define how we HAVE TO think about it I'm more worried about the upper management than those couple hundred guys.
    In this point I totally agree with the american approach - let them have their fun on their marches and ignore them. Keep an eye on them and lock 'em up when they actually do something that should be illegal.

OH. And I think he is pretty funny. Mostly because I totally agree with the mindset of the great dictator. ( <- at least a 50% chance for germans to think of the wrong person) Also bonus points if somebody knows the exact quote I'm thinking of.

And now for something completely different. Because I don't actually want to talk about politics.

That vid in your sig.....
    I've heard a lot of ******** about why the heavy assault is not OP, but that one takes the cake.
    Its designed to be a powerhouse so its not OP.
    I'ts more powerful in combat than any other class in a game about combat.
    But its designed that way, so its OK.
    Yeah so is Superman compared to Batman, take a guess how any real fight between them would turn out.
    I doubt you'll find anybody who thinks thats a fair fight.
    And "the average PS2 player is also an average FPS player".
    Well DUH. Thats how statistics work.
    This video would be awesome if it was satire, but he seems to be serious :confused:.

Also I can see how he declasses the enemy quite clearly when I follow his firing patterns. I'd like to see his hand on his mouse when he shoots. I severly doubt fair play when I see him shooting 70 shots without notable (burst-)pause or recoil.
    And setting up a webcam and splitscreen to disperse all doubt would be not that hard...
  11. AxiomInsanity87

He shoots like that with rapid bursts. That is extremely basic stuff so i can see why you'd think the HA is op.
  12. Haquim

Ahh yes, standard rebuttal 001. L2P. I've never seen it coming.
    Yes of course its rapid bursts, but scripted, not by the one holding the mouse.
    That is far too regular to be human, unless the player has somehow the free time to train himself to shaolin monk-levels of control.

You may now initiate standard response 002 - "There are no cheaters you're just jealous of the guys skill"
  13. Peebuddy

Is noob still censored?

I always found that strange for a video game company to block that one
  14. PKSpark

NC are commonly called burgers... Fast food beef patties killed much more people of heart disease, choke and colorectal tumors than modern dictators, we should ban that word!
  15. CorporationUSA

And there was only enough room for one mass-murdering dictator on the filter list?
  16. KirthGersen

I've noticed that "heil" is censored too - and NO, I was typing Heil Hydra!:p Uknow that Avengers/S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff.

The only possible explanation is obvious: Illuminati.
  17. Taemien

The World didn't go to war with the other ones.

That's what many of us in this thread have been trying to explain. Hitler is a bad word because he lost the war, was the leader of the Axis Powers, and the Victors made him, his party, and everything associated with it taboo. Its what happens when you lose a major conflict like that.

Has nothing to do with how many were killed or any sort of moral high ground. The penalty for losing a major conflict like that is pretty severe. Its literally a fate worse than death and goes beyond it.

Think about it for a moment. Most people don't even know who Hitler was or what his party did. So why could they possibly be offended by it? They're not. And most wouldn't be.
  18. lothbrook

lol, that book is wildly inaccurate as nothing of the sort happened and is widely considered to be nothing more than conspiracy theory ravings, also i hope they not only ban you from the forums but from the game for using such a abhorrent slur.