[Suggestion] Unstable ammo for Lasher X2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LtBomber1, Dec 8, 2017.

1. LtBomber1

The unstable ammo increases the hitbox of the bullet. As offset for this, it is likely going to have reduced headshot multiplier.

I can not think of a weapons suiting this new ammo better than the Lasher X2:

-TTK is long
    -Bullets allready appear bigger
    -Its Vanu style!
    -It has Splash anyways
    -Super slow velocity makes it useless on range anyway

This change would make it a little more suitable for 1v1, but leaving it still in a very nice position. Also it could help reducing the shooting around the conor a bit, since cover blocks the bullets effectivly.

What do you think?
    • Up x 5
  2. Kaizure

If you're going to introduce a special ammo for a faction-specific weapon, then you need to do the same for the Chaingun and Jackhammer for the TR and NC respectively.

Chaingun maybe, with its experimental rounds, can damage light armor.

Jackhammer... I dunno, frickin' fire at the ground and it shoots you into the sky?
  3. FateJH

If you want to be like that, then I should remind that the faction-specific BRRT already exists on the MCG. It's the Jackhammer that has nothing exclusive.
    • Up x 4
  4. Kaizure

Be like what? I'm simply saying that if you want one thing for one faction, you need to be inclusive and give the other two an option.

Let's say you didn't and they added this feature... how long before players started yelling about VS favoritism and demanding a nerft to the weapon? How long before the entire community has some kind of huge outcry over the issue because the other two factions didn't get any kind of experimental ammo?

Each faction has faction-specific weapons, so if one is going to have a new, special ability, the others need to have something too.

That said... BRRT? MCG?
  5. HAXTIME

I'd say that a shotgun with toggle-able firing modes, including a 3-round burts mode, is already just as unique by itself.
  6. Dealman

Brust for a rifle makes sense, it conserves ammo and encourages more accurate and careful shooting.

On shotguns however it is utterly useless and nothing but a gimmick.

I'd much rather have the ability to switch between buckshot and slug, would make it somewhat viable at medium ranges.
  7. J4ster

I want unstable ammo on my Jackhammer...MWHAHAHAHA
    • Up x 3
  8. FateJH

Everything doesn't have to change because one thing can be changed. A purely religious devotion to that form of a balancing act just produces undesirable consequences for the instance of what may be a "good idea" without.
    Ballistic Rapid Refire Toggle, and T7 Mini-Chaingun, respectively.
    • Up x 1
  9. Atorum

No, Lasher shouldnt be in the game anyway.
  10. LtBomber1

Can you pls go into detail here?
    I cant see why (not)...
    • Up x 1
  11. moriarrr-ceres

Don't touch mah lasher!!!! don't change something that work just fine. Learn to use it or take a Naginata.
  12. Atorum

Its unique, high rate of fire, large mag and splash damage, either everyone gets it or no one.
    Maybe they should implement ricochet for bullets.... (its sarcasm btw)
  13. Blam320

The Lasher is great at suppression and punishing corner campers. It sucks at midrange duels thanks to the already slow projectile speed and firing rate.

Adding Unstable Ammo as an option, which will increase it's already rather large CoF and probably reduce its headshot multiplier, will help in in CQC while reducing it's effectiveness at range. Lasher already doesn't have access to many attachments anyways.
  14. Silent255

Wow, it almost sounds like it performs exactly like it did in the original game. Lasher spam was the bane of most uncoordinated base assaults against the Vanu. It's always been a short(-mid for great cover negation) ranged weapon with medium-slow traveling rounds that "lashed" out for side damaged and hurt like hell if the orbs actually directly hit. If you can't handle fighting against something that isn't available to everybody, git good
  15. Ziggurat8

It also wasn't the only area suppression weapon in the original game though.

Thumper, Pounders, and later the Maelstrom and Radiator could be used by NC and TR in place of the Lasher for holding down choke points or pushing back clumped up defenders.

The Lasher is wholly unique in PS2 as being the only AOE spammable infantry weapon. It's a pretty damn good faction perk.
  16. Icehole1999

The MCG can already damage light armor.

I want burster rounds for it now. Ultimate area suppression weapon right there.