Unplayable lag. Yes LAG, internet lag, server lag. Latency.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Baleur, Nov 21, 2012.

1. don

2. Dragam

Why the hell do we need to contact another company to discuss server latency and stability, when its your game -_-'
  3. SUKWI

Same on Woodman :mad:

My game before this path GU4 was ruining smooth i was getting around 60/70 fps and no lag,
    now the game is running 20/40 fps and sometimes the game those that stupid bug 1fps :mad: after i have to rr the game :mad:
    the thing piss me off is i had a 7days boost for more them month i was waiting for a weekend boost and finally came but this path GU4 f**k'it up everything i **** play the game is lagging every time i go pick up ammo resupply from packs take forever i'm talking about 1 minute or more, bug at the moment 2 this piss me off the medical kit is not working i use it and that's register goes back to the same heath GRRRR i see liberator get invisible same time's wtf and when i'm flying my reaver i see far away from the map black spots on the map i mean in the ground black spots it's insane i'm getting so angry because i activate my 7days boost and i can't play the game is unplayable.

I'm going to contact SOE support and i'm going to ask for my 7 days boost back at the moment it's a wasting of time playing the game

system specs

OS & Service Pack: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - service pack 1
    Processor: CORE i7 860
    Motherbord: ASUS MAXIMUS III FORMULA
    Memory: 4GB GSKILL DDR3 PC3-16000 TRIDENT
    Video Memory: 1GB DDR5
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850
    Video Driver Version: 13.1
    Sound Card: SupremeFX-Fi

Sorry for my bad English hope you all understand.

PLEASE SOE FIX THIS
  4. PS2Freak

Watched MLG stream right now. no lag where they played it.. seems the more popular server is the more lags it get in primetime+weekend+mlg show... i am on miller.. dont go indar.....
  5. Juan R. Pesadilla

Well you will be S.O.L. on getting your boost back. I have been checking out all the different threads about the LAG on ALL THE SERVERS not just EU. Mattherson and Waterson on US EAST are also experiencing LAG issues.

Others have mentioned that they wanted their Boost(s) back. SOE has a 'no-refunds' policy. All sales final. You use it you lose it.
  6. evansra

I experienced lag for quite possibly the first time ever today on miller, was painfull and made the game virtualy unplayable :(
  7. Beef

Yea miller is really bad atm
    • Up x 2
  8. Sevenomatic

Ever since the last patch there has been all kind of crazy lag. I hope SOE fixes this soon.
    • Up x 2
  9. maxkeiser

The lag is in addition to the FPS issues. Most are getting very bad lag (miller) and frame-rates slashed - often from 100 down to 30 (so by as much as 70fps).
    • Up x 1
  10. PapaHoleNUrHead

Waterson is lagging also right now. Right around 3 seconds behind. Shoot at someone, 3 secs later hit markers come up. Healing, hacking, repairing, everything is lagging.
    • Up x 2
  11. NC_agent00kevin

I just chased an Infiltrator all the way from an Outpost at Hvar to the shield, putting clip after clip from the Cyclone SMG in his back. he never even turned around to acknowledge I was there. Right before that I stopped getting hit markers with my Max though the explosions showed up - and no damage was dealt. It seemed to degrade over about a few hours' time, fist noticeable with the Piston not shredding faces like it should have been.

I doubt its my end, but its always possible. Im playing on a wired 10/1 mbps connection with no other PCs online. Even if so,. I have my router set to prioritize all traffic for the Planetside 2 ports. We've streamed video while I was playing with no issues.

This is on Waterson.
  12. Kastrenzo

2-3 Days ago it was FPS Death
    Now it's FPS Death, plus network lag, plus horrible hit registry and delay.

F*** this, I'm boycotting Planetside until it's developers get their heads out of their *****.
    Guess I'll go play Simcity or something... Oh wait.

Seriously though, I've got a lot of patience, but after 4 consecutive failures with each game update, I've run out. I'm simply just not going to credit SOE with my time by playing their broken game. not until it's remedied. PROPERLY, Not with a dozen non-working "hotfixes" I don't recall GU01 Being THIS bad

so much rage. See you in a week, or a month, or two. who knows how long it will take to unf*** this one.
  13. MykeMichail

Briggs is horrendous at the moment. I got tank-busted by a Liberator who was aiming nearly 45 degrees away from me. I thought I was good to put another magazine of Vortek into him before he had a chance to aim for me - my mistake. Next thing I see a burst of tank buster coming straight out of the top of his cockpit. Pulled away as quick as possible but too late.

Obviously on his screen, he was aiming straight for me and all he saw was a derpy Reaver pilot trying to go head to head with a Liberator. On my screen, he wasn't even aiming anywhere near me.

This has been happening too much on Briggs. It used to happen a little, but now its happening a lot. ESF's shooting rocket pods at you when they're not aiming at you, Magriders aiming 45 degrees away from you killing you. Prowlers with their main gun facing 90 degrees away killing you. Getting hit by two rockets from a heavy almost simultaneously.

Add to that the fact you continue to get hit whilst in cover, that peaking a doorway is usually a death sentence even though you're only looking out for 1/2 a second, and semi-auto snipers kill like bolt actions (because even though you move immediately after taking the first hit, the second still hits because on their screen, you haven't moved yet.

These things have always happened to some degree. Now its just unbearable.

They seriously need to fix this issue. I don't know what they've done (to me, it seems like they've reduced the frequency of packets to or from the server), but they need to change it back. If they've done something to increase performance, they need to change it back. Performance is worse than its been in a while anyway. I don't have a super high-end system, but I'd rather lose 10 FPS than put up with this ridiculous lag which is ever-present, as opposed to low FPS which only occurs in big battles.
  14. Macrocosm

I have been having lag problems ever since the 3/13/13 patch on Helios server. Never any problems before even on Indar.. Tried many graphic settings with no luck.. Has made the game upplayable.
  15. FrozenTampon

I was getting at least 40-50 fps yesterday and today i log on to find the game unplayable with 10 fps and lower ...
  16. Jezs

Probably because they hired another company to take care of their servers on the other side of the ******* world?
  17. SentinalForce

wtf is going on, since the new patch its horrible. Cant even play its too laggy...laggy as ****. please fix this garbage, double exp weekend is useless if you cant do **** in the game.
  18. Vortigon

Scratch that didn't realise some numpty resurrected a dead thread....
  19. Bruiserdog

Completely agree. Double xp wasted, also my booster is being wasted. Now gonna have to wait another month for a double xp weekend. Can't play with awful performance, fps is unstable not matter what settings you have it at. I am becoming a upset of player of this game fighting more lag then players in game, I have spent my last dollar on this game til fixed. :mad:
  20. Dragam

Its their game, so we shouldnt have to go to anyone but SOE... that soe has hirred some incompenent people in germany shouldnt have to be our issue...