Unplayable lag. Yes LAG, internet lag, server lag. Latency.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Baleur, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Puppy

Yes
    , the US servers have this problem and there have been reports.
  2. Poorform

Just spawned myself a tank, way was clear, drove down the road, then got complete weapon lock and 14 friendly TK's.

Turns out, thanks to the wonderful server side lag, my tank lag, and the infantry crossing the road in a giant globs lag; It all ended up perfectly coinciding. Yay.

I hope this is fixed.
  3. Puppy

This is not an EU only problem and I would like to stress that. Everyday there is a point in Connery where the lag makes it unplayable. And when things are going more smoothly there are still random people flashing about and flying in the sky.
  4. Jamesaarr

i have been on several servers and the lag is so bad, it messes with the computer, even with the graphics on as low as they can go it lags, you need to set a lower limit of people on each one
  5. Llaf

Same issue here, every few minutes at this point. Tanks flying through mountains, infantry running through the air and sometimes I see some sort of doubling effect where it looks like there is WAY more than there actually is(earlier today I saw, rough guess... 50 or 60 galaxies flying by me during a lagspike, incredible sight but it was all of maybe 3 or 4 different names on all of them.)
  6. QuantumGuard

Same here. I'm on EU, and lag is bad. Started my own thread, and what not, people post "hurrrr, it's you or your ISP, hurrrrrr I'm fine". I've been noticing lag on US too. Tracert and WinMRT return some interesting results, all lag is concentrated on Level 3 servers. Seems to me like Level 3, the guys who provide internet for Sony, is throttling some countries traffic, thus some are suffering from lag, and some are not. Proof Level 3 and Sony are connected: http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/level-3-supports-sony-video-service, http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/level-3-supports-sony-online-gaming/
    News may be old, but we would have news if they changed partners.
  7. Kath

Un-subbed until they fix this, more time is needed on fixing the basics, lag, game breaking bugs, hackers etc - Instead of adding more weapons to feed the Cash-Cow. It's not enjoyable, it's darn-right frustrating.

Inb4canIhaveyourstuff - Yes.
  8. Arcanum

I've been having this. First time it happened I had assumed it was just my ISP but then it happened again right after I crashed and pinging my server didn't show anything abnormal. The game was also freezing more often than normal. So was lag causing the freezing or was the freezing causing the lag somehow? Or just a coincidence.
  9. ReactionDT

Noticed it today after they removed double XP, had zero lag all day yesterday and then today people start studdering everywhere and all inputs registers 2 seconds later.
  10. Muffinz

Lagging out of the game as i log in now, though at the time i hear players talking over the ingame Voip and there is no sign of lag with that.

Its really strange. =\
  11. Beltway

This is happeneing right now on matterson. I'm trying to play with my outfit but everyone keeps warping around. No one else seems to be experiencing this though. What's going on? I've double and triple checked my own connection and everything is solid. So why am I the only one having this issue out of 50 other people?
    • Up x 1
  12. Myuyum

Same on Helios atm. Unplayable...
  13. Beltway

This is weird as hell. I did have an experience like this before but it went away fairly quickly. I gues I can give it an hour or two. Get some work done.
  14. Myuyum

Never had this issue in 200h of play. But since 30min I am chain crashing. :(
  15. TraderOne

Unplayable for me too . Since the last weeks it is going on bad and bader .
    On Start i have played in high settings with no problems .
    Now , even on low settings , i get in small fights 5 - 7 fps ...(from 60 at release) .
    I will stop playing , till this is gone fix and un-sub .
    ( Server : Lithcorp EU )
    • Up x 1
  16. matekkxx

i tried on all servers and the lag is terrible the players teleport all over the map then the fps drop to 1 then it crashes.
    but for me is random sometimes i can play normally then after some hours starts doing this
    • Up x 1
  17. Arcanum

In my experience it fixes itself eventually.
    Usually after a day or two it fixes itself here. If you still don't believe this is some bizarre temporary issue find the server IP list and ping them, you will most likely be getting normal ping for all servers in your preferred region even when experiencing that problem.

I will try to remember to log in on my other characters next time this happens to see if anything changes.
  18. Stigma

I play on Miller, and I have to say I've rarely seen that sort of level of latency. I do tend to play relatively late however, usually no earlier than 20.00 CET or so perhaps it has to do with peak-time stress.

Otherwise it could have something to do with a router issue or something. Ive heard that some router firewalls react badly to this game and blocks some of the traffic as an attack for some reason - wich would obviously cause huge lagspikes if that is the case. Its worth trying to temporarily disable something like that if you have it on your network equipment just to test if its a factor.

-Stigma
  19. j00j

I had the same problem and the solution was to change the router

Before: linksys
    Now: Netcomm and problem solved
  20. JudgeZargabaath

Also seeing massive lag here. Not only me but my outfit too. Unplayable right now. Server is Connery.