Unparking your CPU to get more performance

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Natir, Nov 26, 2012.

1. stopdroplol

I wrote this guide out for somebody yesterday and thought it was relevant to this thread so i'll post it here. It looks to be the same methodologyin the OP. But if you don't want to download that, here's the manual way.

Also note, this only works on Windows 7 as it's the only OS that parks cores. The number of registries you have to edit is dependent on how many different power profiles your system has. Don't be alarmed if there's 5 or 6.
    • Up x 1
  2. BenYeeHua

3. Aranrya

Phenom II x4 965, unparked cores via stopdroplol's method of editing the registry, 0 results. No power save mode in either BIOS or in Windows.

I really want to play this game at more than 15 fps. Well, let's just say I really want to play the game. It is worthless trying to play at 15fps.
  4. Jamaize

I know this thread should indeed be long dead but sadly it's still relevant so I'll add to the pile as I've had good luck and need to stop people being disuaded from trying this with AMDs.

My experience

AMD phenom II 1090t be + ati 5770 - flickering between CPU and GPU and same fps on full as lowest settings

10-30fps big battles 40fps casual

AMD phenom II 1090t be + nvidia gtx 660 - CPU limited 100% of the time

15-300fps big battles 40fps casual pre unparking cores
    25-35fps big battles 60fps casual after unparking cores with registry program

I feel it's important to point out my CPU was using all cores before and after using this according to a few resource monitors.

Power settings were custom to maximum and good voltage etc was going to it.

It was using 30% and is now using 38% with 80% on core 0... It's still not good relative to what it should be doing but it's made the game far more playable.

thanks for the link
  5. Interplanetary

Unparking my cores greatly improved my rigs performance, 3 out of 4 were parked.
    In Planetside 2 I went from 20fps to 30-45fps average.
    In BF3 I went from 30fps to 45-60fps.
    Overall it really unleashed my cpu.
    A massive THANK YOU to who posted this :D:D

My specs:
    AMD A8-3870K Black Edition
    HIS Radeon 6750HD
    8gig Gskill 1666
    Windows 7 64-bit
  6. the lonely imp

7. A3DELITIST

I have in i7 and have always unparked cores as I use rendering software that actually loads all cores.
  8. Ransurian

Unparking isn't going to do anything unless you're using certain AMD processors. Intel processors don't seem to have problems automatically unparking all of their cores while playing.