[Suggestion] Uninstant uncloak and scout rifles

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Masyaka, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Masyaka

First, you're gonna do something about instant uncloaking. I just cannot manage my anger on people who play with bolts, sit somewhere in big room battles, uncloak and i die hearing a "ding" sound already knowing that i can do nothing to him - he can instakill me and i have no reply. Can you add a delay for uncloaking like 0.5-1 second or some kind of accuracy loss. This just makes skilled players make alot of epicness that is too much to handle.

Then, scout rifles, i see clearly 0% of any point of them. I'd better use a sniper rifle with scout rifle scopes avable. So in case i miss a headshot i can shoot body, whatever. I have a big damage bonus with same firerate and scopes. I see point in full-auto scout rifles, but semi-auto are clearly pointless things. Though, make all scout rifles avable in semi-auto and full auto or whatever. They are pointless.
  2. Sharkasaur

you have pretty much all your facts wrong.

- there's been a 1 second firing delay on decloak for literally years
    - bolts can only OHK other infilsfrom full HP, but that's if the other infildoesn't have nano-cloak or auxiliary shield + nanoweave, and then only if it's a headshot (with a 150m/s projectile)
    - heavy scout rifles have significantly better ADS moving accuracy than CQC snipers, they also having better TTK if you can land 2 headshots in arow
    - auto scouts are full auto, they don't compare to CQC snipers in any way

It's clear you've never played this class. So if you have anger issues against infils, I suggest actually trying it out. Try being that stalker with a bolt in the middle of a big room battle, see how it goes compared to being HA.
  3. DIGGSAN0

Crossbow kills even infs with aux shield (Headshot)

Also the Bolt sctions do Oneshotkill in the Head...
    1shot is quiker than 2. (Except if you are going in to a Killstreak)
  4. Masyaka

I dont notice that delay. I die when/before the guy uncloaks. Delay has to be incrased or add some inability to zoom when cloaked.
  5. Ximaster

Well,i see u on Cobalt,u are using a Vanu infiltrator sniper,or this is what i have seen u using. Why dont counter sniper those snipers???? Or better,approach with stalker cloak and give him many shots of ur pistol.

And one observation: if u are discovering ur position on a spawn room,then u are doing something wrong,we all already know that spawn room its unpenetrable and people inside can shot outside. If not,what people can do on a zerg????

I know that its frustrating that snipers stay at spawn room and do many shots,and also they are suspiciously very accurate.
  6. Invictorum

What you're facing as a problem is a mixture of the fact the infil is getting the jump on you, the fact your computer and his computer need to communicate, and extremely low to almost non-existant time to kill weaponry.

If a delay is added, Infiltrators will still murder you if they play intelligently.
  7. Masyaka

unability to scope may solve the problem for a bit.
  8. BartasRS

and while it might solve problem with CQC stalkers/gankers it would render any form of long range sniping impossible. If I couldn't scope for enemy position WHILE cloaked I couldn't stay alive for more than 1 min.
  9. Masyaka

Maybe make the scope invisible when cloaked?
  10. BartasRS

This could work but... IMO this is overnerfing one playstyle (long range sniping) just because other (CQC stalker) feels too OP. Look, same happened just now with medkits. HAs overused it for their specific playstyle and we all must suffer.
  11. Masyaka

Is medkit a thing that is supposted to do such behavoir like making you unkillable? No. How can you see an invisible scope then?
  12. doomedking517

"How can you see an invisible scope then?"

well for a start, i would guess that the cloak doesn't affect things that are so close. this is due to how the cloak works in conjunction with the shield, since the cloak covers not only the player but also their shield (when an infil is shot you dont see their shield, you see the cloak adjusting to the shield underneath it as it moves due to bullets) - my current hypothesis as to how shields and cloaks work together (it also explains why shields wont regen while cloaked, as it would reveal your location... theres an idea for buffing the camelean thingy, make it allow shields to regen whilst cloaked - though this is a discussion for another thread), and the shield is about 1-2 inches away from the characters flesh (or 1--2 inches thick) (based on the ingame animations at a rough estimate), when the sniper scopes up, his eye gets closer than 2-4 inches (depending on shield closeness) thus bridging the gap (inside the shield) between eye and scope. this simultaneously explains why iron sights dont work whilst cloaked, as they are (i think, i havent checked im working on a guess here), more distant from the eye in comparison to a scope, as such the gap isnt bridged and thus are covered by the cloak.

not saying i agree or disagree with the theory, i just wanted to make a suggestion as to how we can still see down scopes... this is obviously countered by the outsides of the scope going translucent... i cant explain that, but none the less its a pretty good theory.
  13. Masyaka

Theres 2 linses in a scope, you dont see the second linse or crosshair.
  14. doomedking517

why not? im not saying the cloak takes effect the moment theres a certain distance between player and object, what happens is, anything outside the shield is affected by the cloak, thus when we bridge the gap between eye and scope what we are doing is letting the 2 parts of the shield that covers us and our guns merge (the shield is outside the scope not in it). thus we have clear sight through the scope. im probably explaining badly, i shall create some terrible pictures to try and explain xD[IMG] here you can see that the vision is blocked due to their vision hitting the outside of the guns shields/cloak thus its cloaked for them.
    [IMG]
    this isnt the case for here though, as they are closer the 2 shields instead of fighting simply connect to one another, which allows sight to go unaffected as there is no cloak/shield inbetween them. players can see out of the cloak perfectly fine but cant see back into it as such this would explain how we can still use scopes.7

p.s. sorry for the absolutely rubbish pictures.
  15. Masyaka

How can we even know how does cloak suit works? Maybe the infiltrator is made out of nanites that can go invisible...
  16. doomedking517

we dont, my guess is exactly that, a guess. im posing an answer to his question, it has flaws (such as guns still be invisible but the scope not) but it explains a few things, but also has flaws... im interested in other theories though.
  17. NubCannon

There is a 1 second time to cloak, however during that one second, the infiltrator shimmers into visibility, its not an instant everyone can see you for a second and then they can shoot like the weapons delay for reviving. often times you don't notice the infiltrator decloaking because of lag, or low resolution, or just distance.