Unified MBT Balance Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aesir, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Flag

You saying that makes me miss having the visual projectile actually matter.

Sigh....
  2. dstock

Let's just agree Composite Armor is a poorly conceived defensive cert line. It's either awesome or awful. CompArmor, on one vehicle, going from worthless to 'must have' is indicative of a greater underlying problem, if you ask me. Frankly, after ******** and moaning about the idiocy of Harasser CompArmor for months, which still isn't addressed properly, I just can't even pick up my pitchfork and lunch pail and forumside about it anymore. It's broken, the max level is stupid strong now, and all the new resistances should be removed/heavily reduced, with a small buff to the flak mitigation. I don't think there's anyone who's tried CA 4 on a Lib who would disagree.
  3. Flag

The Flak mitigation on Comp Armour was buffed, by enough for it to matter, but also not enough to make Flak irrelevant as a counter.
  4. dstock

Sorry, but 2% more (AT MAX RANK) means next to nothing. It means 2%. You're never going to feel that change while playing. It's a joke.
    • Up x 1
  5. Aesir

1. The Marauder in mechanic would be ok, but I think it's just to much like a Fury in my opinion. While there is nothing directly wrong with that, but it's also not something very distinct. Something like a 35mm HE Autocannon that works similar to a PPA with medium drop but still different enough through aspects like RoF, Velocity and splash/direct-hit that it's not a PPA.

Your idea about a Banshee style weapon could also work, but than again, this would be to similar to a Line of Sight weapon, which the Kobalt already fulfills than.

2. Lightnings could use something like a point defense, be it a 7,92mm Gremlin, pretty much the smaller brother of the Kobalt. Or something among those lines.

On the Magrider part ... I think PPA+Kobalt is pretty much an AI universal swiss-army-knife and ok, we don't want to go overboard.

3. You seem to misunderstood one part of my suggestion, the driver should not get that, let's call it Point Defense Weapon. It should be purely for the Secondary Gunner. And the Magrider Secondary weapons are already turreted. In general it should look a bit like this ...

[IMG]

Of course not for all MBTs, the VS one would be rounded and should not look out of place if combined with a Saron. The Pictured one could be the NC one.

And about that Spur like ability for the Magrider and Magrider Turreted weapons ... I already have/had a discussion with Flag and Qaz on that topic regarding Mainguns ... And come (in regard to Mainguns) to the conclusion that this would only really work (that SOE manages to get this right) in a 3-seated Tank format. But that's an entirely different topic.
    • Up x 1
  6. Aesir

While I understand the concerns regarding Composite progression and actual use/power, I mean similar things like Prowler Anchor Down(progression) and many other things in the game do nothing until you invest a ton of certs into them.

And you can see my opinion in regard cert to progression overall HERE and I'm pretty sure there are many Threads regarding the Lib update already ;)

But this is mainly about getting the 3 MBT's balanced and I for once I wish to keep stuff actually on the rails.
  7. Flag

I'll admit, maybe it's more that I've actually used it and mentally compared it to naked lib.
    Eh I'll accept that I may have been somewhat wrong.

Ok.
    • Up x 1
  8. dstock

You are correct, you can feel the difference between naked and comp4. I was just trying to emphasize that there is no appreciable/'actual' difference between the old one and the new one.
  9. z1967

Yeah, I misunderstood you for the PoDW (to not confuse the NS-7). But for 1, the Banshee does carry explosive 30mm projectiles. The only reason this isn't the best nosegun in the universe is that the COF makes it abysmal at range. But yeah, you do have a point that it would be fairly LOS based causing overlap with the Kobalt. Now I understand that a bit better, thanks.